How long will 99 Range take? (Yak way, not chins)

Seanthorn

I know this will take long, and I've decided tht void is a pretty big must if i want 99.

Thing is, how many bronze knives will i need. i Got 40k atm, I'll prob need more, and i can afford quite alot.

Would like mature comments, not 'Oh it will take ages, dnt bother...'

3916.png

3917.png

I have no idea how long it would take. But I do know something that would be faster than that.

Range aviansies to 90 ranged, 36k xp/hour and about 30m profit (rough guess).

Buy chins with the profit you made at aviansies, chin zombie monkeys, 200k xp/hour on average, and get 99 doing this.

The average xp/hour will be around 75k xp/hour if you follow this method to get 99, quite a lot faster than yaks.

2dvjurb.png

I believe the max exp/hour at Yaks was like 50k (maybe 60k maybe 40k) It was using range pots + void and at 90+ ish range, if I am not mistaken.

So you figure you can get roughly 45k exp/hour without range pots 52k(ish) per hour with them. Void taken into account as well (meaning you are wearing full void range) These again are very rough estimates. In fact mere guesses.

With that in mind you need 12,188,875 experience for 99 range(about 12.2m exp)

That turns out to be 60,945 Yaks in total for 99 range.

At 45k exp/hour (keep in mind this should slightly increase at higher levels) it would take you 270.8 hours (271 if you round up) which is 224.88 Yaks per hour (not really necessary to know but I was bored)

At 52k exp/hour (again slightly increasing with the increase of your range level) it would take you 234.4 hours which is 260.44 Yaks per hour (again boredom)

So with range pots you should be looking to cut off about 36 total hours of ranging which can be spent doing other activities. 36 hours is a relatively long time in this game which can be spent in good use.

**Again the best way to get these numbers for yourself is to keep track of your range exp/hour and the implement your numbers with my guessed numbers.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

If i was limited to below 5M cash, would Yaks be the best way to 99?

Thanks ultimatballr for your time to estimate, i appreciate it :D

No, the method I posted earlier in the thread would make you break even and would get you 99 faster than yaks. Not all people like aviansies/chins though, so if you wish to use yaks instead, do that.

2dvjurb.png

I don't know where some of these numbers have come from, does anyone have proof of what they are saying? D Jay, where did you get the 30m profit from? Guess?

Yaks are around 37-42k xp per hour, depending on how well you can concentrate.

At your level, you will get around: 27,752 xp per hour and 280,261gp per hour, using the prayer method at avainses.

from 80 - 85 range I was getting 47-9k exp an hour kniving brine rats with bronze knives in full void, with range pots. no zammy book either because they are to expensive atm (20m+)

I also made 200k+ an hour in cash (not bad), and since avs are extremely boring and decently slow exp, i found it a fair trade off. at yaks I could see 53-5k at this level because at rats I picked up tons of loot. (over 2k sharks, 4k lobs, 10k deaths, 2k gold charms etc)

With a bunyip and some swallow whole scrolls, i usually stayed 4-5 pouches long. I left to get more range pots, pouches.

Yes it is 47-9k exp an hour i timed 10 1 hour sessions with stop watch

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

I don't know where some of these numbers have come from, does anyone have proof of what they are saying? D Jay, where did you get the 30m profit from? Guess?

Yaks are around 37-42k xp per hour, depending on how well you can concentrate.

At your level, you will get around: 27,752 xp per hour and 280,261gp per hour, using the prayer method at avainses.

Nah. He has ~900k xp now, 88 is 4,5m xp. 3.6m xp with 36k xp/hour (not made up, I get this myself), is 100 hours. Aviansies are about 290k/hour for me with 80 range, probably more at higher levels. The 30m seemed good to me :thumbup:

2dvjurb.png