Recovering data from Motorolla RAZR

Bloodredsword

So basically, my razr finally died after all these years. When I turn it on it just sits on the verizon wireless screen that flashes in the "intro" and won't go to the menu.

What I'm wondering is if there is anyway for me to recover my photos and contacts. I know that when I go to the verizon store, then can do that, but can they do that when the phone isn't completely on? Thanks for any help

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

yes as long as the phone is still intact and boots i believe it would be possible, even if it doesn't boot to the menu. dont take ym word on that though.

i also have a razr which i decided a few weeks ago to start modding (seeing as the warranty has long ran out and its not really a good phone anymore, i don't care if i wreck it).

this website helped me alot with modding (the getting connected bit is probably most relevant to you)

this forum is full of moto modding nerds that will most likely be happy to help you (dont ask me i havnt posted there, but they seem friendly enough). They are probably the best place to go and ask.

also try turning your phone off. once its off hold down the * and # keys and hold the power button until it turns on. it should come up with a bootloader screen (press power button again to exit it). if it doesn't thats not so good. I have heard though that older bootloaders have a bug where they dont display anything even though they are working, so don't give up.

If it does come up then you can almost certainly get the data from your phone. As i said, ask the people in that forum i posted

and good luck!

EDIT: fixed link

I think most of your data should be saved on the SIM card in the phone. Pics should be on the mini-SD card in it... You should definitely be able to get your pics back, just pop the SD card out and into a laptop or something else with the adapter that should have come with the phone.

This happened to my dad's RAZR, he put the SIM card in another phone since he was already paying for service on it, but it didn't keep the contacts. The people at Verizon can do this if it doesn't work. I think you probably have to get the same kind of phone to have it keep them.

if the bootloader is still working that's the most important thing. if it isn't it basically means your phone is bricked and is just a pile of wires, silicon and other components that mean nothing.

luckily yours is, so it is very possible to get the data from your phone.

goto this (click me) page and select the forum there that is your phone model and register if required and post a topic on it and you will get some help.