lock please

Maybe I dreamt this... but, I was on earlier [right now it's about 6.17pm] and about 2 hours ago, I sent someone a private message.. I also posted in forum games... and I noticed that Psycho Robot had made a significant amount of posts...

Anywyas.. I came back just now.. the forum told me I had a new private message [aka a reply??] but wehn i checked.. it was the same... also.. in my outbox.. it shows that there was never a reply sent.... [and I'm certain I did send him a reply]

also.. in forum games.. all of Psycho's posts were wiped clean. and I know this due to the fact that he hadn't posted in about a week... so.. I believe it was just all the previous posts he made.

I'm certain I didn't dream this... and... if this belongs somewhere else.. then sorry.

They really should have left the information up, but the forums were just moved to a new server. A backup was created of the forums this morning and the Staff used that backup to transfer the forums to the new server, which took a few hours. So any posts that were created between that time and the completion of the server change were lost.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

They really should have left the information up, but the forums were just moved to a new server. A backup was created of the forums this morning and the Staff used that backup to transfer the forums to the new server, which took a few hours. So any posts that were created between that time and the completion of the server change were lost.

I know you want this to be closed, but I have a question. Why didn't they tell us that all information posted would be lost? Would have saved alot of trouble for me...

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

I know you want this to be closed, but I have a question. Why didn't they tell us that all information posted would be lost? Would have saved alot of trouble for me...
Actually, they did tell us. You must have missed the post that was up on the old forum server. <.<

Here's a duplicate of what is on the Tip.It Website:

[quote name="At http://tip.it/runescape/?news=view_year ... 8#news2153 on Saturday, 20-Sep-2008 did Pure_MageUK (Peter)"]The forum is moving to a new server today and you may experience intermittent access to it. We have just created a backup of the forum database which will be used for the new server. This means any posts from this point onwards will not be transferred to the new server.

For reference, this news post was made at 2PM GMT+1 (UK Time). We expect to be fully up and running on the new server by the end of today.

'Nuff said. :ugeek:

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)