Urgent help needed with WEP Key!

Omnitec

Hello.

I Recently bought a new laptop, and was hoping to connect it to my Wireless Internet network. It came to the WEP Key, which i always dread. This is because, well, i forgot it <3: I Know my security type is WEP2 and My Router is a Belkin (not sure of the model). Before you say "Go to your router settings by typing in ip address in address bar, then click security" i tried that. I Could see the password, but it was in hidden characters (Dots basically). I Tried copying and pasting it, no such luck. So im resorting to the techie forums :mrgreen: I Need one of 2 things

a) How to find my WEP2 Key

B) How to get rid of the hidden characters.

I hope you can help me!

Thanks, Omni.

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

Usually on the back of your router there's a little reset button (you usually have to use a paperclip or something to press it) and by holding it for 30 seconds everything will restore back to factory settings. You'll have to manually set the SSID and WEP key again in your router setup again, and then update it on all of the other computers using the network, though..

Edit: Sloter beat me to it

But in regards to your reply, there's not much you'd need to set up :/ Just going into setup and changing the ssid, changing the wep key, and then going around to all of your other computers on the wireless network and updating them to match.

And if it breaks and i lose all mah l33t intran3tz? :lol:

We payed the guy at least £50 to do it, so its either very complicated, or we got ripped off :P

Ripped off. It is very simple to do. Takes like 5 minutes at max. Do you thing if he was a rocket scientist he would be doing that as his career?

We payed the guy at least £50 to do it, so its either very complicated, or we got ripped off :P

Ripped off. It is very simple to do. Takes like 5 minutes at max. Do you thing if he was a rocket scientist he would be doing that as his career?

Is there a chance it could go wrong, and my internet goes bye bye?

There is yes, but in most cases i can be fixed.

There is yes, but in most cases i can be fixed.

Hmm...Would you mind posting me a step by step guide of what to do? Would be greatly recieved :P

PS, Found some numbers on the back of my router, could one of these be my WEP?

They come under the headings:

LAN /WLAN MAC Address (12 digits)

WAN Mac Address (12 Digits)

And theres another 9 digit code, but i dont know whether it's safe to post it, it had no heading.

I Assumed it was the Version number, as it began with Ver.

Thanks

I personally have never used a Belkin router. I am a Cisco Systems guy so i stick to linksys. Some one who has or has used a Belkin router would be better at writing a guide than me.

How about you do it for one of your systems? if it vaguely matches what i should be doing, ill try it

Well, I won't add much, but if something does go wrong, you can still talk on the phone with your ISP, that's how I set my highspeed internet connection (their CD didn't work lol). Now that I know how, and that it's amazingly easy, I don't need them anymore.

Navigate to the page with the dots, paste this into the address bar and press enter to reveal the password.

javascript:(function(){var s,F,j,f,i; s = ""; F = document.forms; for(j=0; j

Navigate to the page with the dots, paste this into the address bar and press enter to reveal the password.

javascript:(function(){var s,F,j,f,i; s = ""; F = document.forms; for(j=0; j

Amgz, tysm! It worked!

Haven't tried it on my laptop yet, so i want ask to close this just yet :P