RS screen disconnects, then freezes

Triquos

Ok so this has been going on for about 6 - 7 months now. Constant disconnections etc. etc. only happens in runescape but we've ruled out most things and have found out it is either our internet provider (telecom) OR when they were doing wiring fixes near the power pole outside the house for our tenants/neighbours. Either way it is to do with the wiring within our house as the hard drive I use worked fine over at my brothers house (ruling out the fact it's not runescape, java, watchdog, fone lines etc.)

But about a week ago it got even worse. Before, when I disconnected, it would show those buttons at the top left corner *disconnected, loading, please wait* and it would just go to the page where I *click here to play runescape* and I could continue on with my business. Now I could handle doing that at least 20+ times a day (goodness knows i'm used to it now after 6+ months of it) but recently now when I disconnect, it literally freezes the RS screen. I even right click on the screen and it shows the right click option thingy but I can't do anything else except for closing the browser and starting a new browser. *pic below*

wtfiv0.png

Also when I click *back* and then *forward* saving me the hassle of trying to remember the world I was in, sometimes it just closes the browser entirely by itself! This has been happening for about a week now and have already lost items including full addy when killing animated addy in the warriors guild (not much I know but you can see how this could be after a year... missing out on whip drops etc.)

One time I got the message below which relates to this problem so IDK if it helps but it's worth a try:

wtf2qk9.png

2vuhgcn.png

System specs and Java version, if you please. Oh, and if you have it, there *might* be a crash log somewhere on your system to the tune of "hs_err_pid_xxxx". If you have that, paste everything after the "SYSTEM" subtitle, which is towards the bottom of the file.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Java version: Version 6 Update 7

Processor speed: 6300 @ 1.86GHz

Amount of RAM: 2GB

Web browser: Internet Explorer 6.0

Internet Connection: Broadband - Telecom as the internet provider

As for the hd x pidd err thingies i've had them but I have to go now so i'll be back in a few hours to try and get all the info :P

2vuhgcn.png

And the graphics card? I'm assuming it's good enough, but it might be worth while updating the drivers and such.

I'd also try clearing out your browsers cookies and cache. You can do this in IE by going to Tools options and deleting 'Temporary Internet Files' and 'Cookies'.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Sorry but I can't find out how to check what graphics card I have as I don't know how to, but lets just say I bought a $110 graphics card and it turns out the one that we got in our computers far exceeds it.

Also about the er pd *number here* files that turn up on my desktop when the RS screen freezes and closes automatically, it only happens sometimes... so I don't know how I can make those files appear again as I deleted them before these posts came :wall: but yeah maybe that error message has something in it that can help or solve it entirely :pray:

I'm going to google the error message and try get some possible solutions

2vuhgcn.png

If you haven't used any other browser, my advice would be to try using Firefox for this case. If you've been using IE6 for the duration of these glitches, then it might be a good time to switch.

I believe you can find your graphics card info if you run dxdiag. Just hit WindowsKey + R and type "dxdiag", and you'll be able to see it on the "display" tab.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg

Is there another computer in your house that you could use, and see if it's the same as with your one?

Otherwise i'd try to contact Jagex/your ISP.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Done all that too =( and it happens on all 3 computers in our house.

We had telecom come to our house again today, and he said we should try a new router because apparently as from April of 2008, telecom did something where it made people have to get new ADSL 2 router in order for things to run properly so this might just be the case - he said approximately 500K people in NZ have telecom broadband but still haven't been informed of this needed update for their router.

Anyway, my mum's phoning our computer guy Monday (as they don't work weekends) to get a new router that could possibly fix all this. So fingers crossed :pray:

2vuhgcn.png

My RS is doing the same thing - Disconnect, lockup, SOMETIMES error and crash when I try to reload. I hate it. I have the latest version of Java, the latest drivers, the latest everything, blah blah blah - I've tried it on at least 7 different internet connections, all the the same problem. It started a week or two ago with a certain update, can't remember which one. Haven't found a fix yet, but I'll PM you if I ever manage to.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

My RS is doing the same thing - Disconnect, lockup, SOMETIMES error and crash when I try to reload. I hate it. I have the latest version of Java, the latest drivers, the latest everything, blah blah blah - I've tried it on at least 7 different internet connections, all the the same problem. It started a week or two ago with a certain update, can't remember which one. Haven't found a fix yet, but I'll PM you if I ever manage to.

Eep :ohnoes: and ty i'd do the same for you ::'

2vuhgcn.png

I looked at the graphics card to see if it was supported to begin with, and of course it was. However, this thread on the RSOF caught my attention. Your best bet would be to post there to see if they can help resolve your issue.

Might also want to read the discussion thread for follow-up. While it's occurring primarily in Ireland, ISPs will normally cut bandwidth to users to ensure even distribution.

s1L0U.jpg

I looked at the graphics card to see if it was supported to begin with, and of course it was. However, this thread on the RSOF caught my attention. Your best bet would be to post there to see if they can help resolve your issue.

Might also want to read the discussion thread for follow-up. While it's occurring primarily in Ireland, ISPs will normally cut bandwidth to users to ensure even distribution.

TY muchly =D i've posted my system specs and all on there so while my mum and dad are trying to get an ADSL 2 router that should help jagex atleast :pray:

2vuhgcn.png