London MCM Expo [Video looking at my back Post #4]

cadburys_egg

http://www.londonexpo.com/

25-26 October 2008

This is essentially an orgy of nerd-relative things and by-products thereof.

Such things include [but arent limited to];

• [*:2n27oqus]Animu/Mango + Cosplay

[*:2n27oqus]Games + Competitions [Video + Card-based]

[*:2n27oqus]Toys, hooray!

[*:2n27oqus]"Famous" guests. ['Matt Parkman' from Heroes being the only one I recognise]

Any other fellow britains going to be attending?

I, for one, will. I will be going in cosplay, but I shant say who as - though I may post pictures post-con - I dont particularly want to be bumping into any possible readers and having an awkward "LOL INTERNET BUDDIES" moment. Especially you creepy ones. Yeah, you.

I will also be taking part in the Rock Band tournament theyre holding, but I was unfortunately booted from my drums to do bass instead. And finally, I will be taking part in the apparent Yu-gi-mons tournament (I say apparent because ive heard from my colleagues that im going with that there'll be one, but I cant see anything about it on their site).

knkcopy.jpg

And there we have it. Funs over.

I dont have any pictures of the con with me - my friend(s) took all of the photos there as I have a crappy camera - so I will post them at a later date since he is going to put them into a photobucket account to share and stuff. Also the stewards at the event took photos of all the cosplayers, yet they never told us where theyd be uploading them to, so ill have a search and try to find myself.

Anyway, I went as one of the multiple Lelouch Lamperouge from Geass. Though in school uniform, not as Zero with a huge cape. The weekend consisted of me being hugged by other Lelouchs/Zero/Suzakus and being attacked by multiple Knights of the Round (If you are familiar with Geass, this probably makes more sense). There were a disturbing lack of CCs. But I did get a showering of "ALL HAIL LELOUCH" at one point.

The group I went with was a Sora (from KH) and a Seto Kaiba (from Yugi), so if you were there and happened to see a Lelouch following said characters, that was me.

Now the expo itself was pretty fun; animu, mango, games and general weeaboo-ity as far as the eye could see. There were stalls with the new Marvel vs Mortal Kombat game, Far Cry 2, the new Rayman Raving Rabbits game and at the other end a few DDR and obscure Japanese games (One of which had Melty Blood; Act Cadenza, which I whooped a few people at with a little girl). The merch really varied in prices, t-shirts were from £8-£25 and bags were £12-35. Manga was pretty steady at £4 per book with a buy-one-get-one-free and most anime DVDs were £30 for a whole series. They even sold wooden buster swords, gunblades and other swords like that for a mere £30 (I wouldve gotten a gunblade but they were really huge). Upper Deck (makers of Yugioh) had a stall and sold every kind of deck incredibly cheap (structures - £4, starters £3) which I picked up a few.

Now onto my actual haul;

[hide=Pictars]DSCF1157.jpg

Overall haul. [£40]

DSCF1158.jpg

Ryougi Shiki fig. So pleased I found this. [£4]

DSCF1159.jpg

Ilyasviel von Einzbern from Fate/Stay Night fig. Pretty chuffed to find this pretty cheap. [£12]

DSCF1160.jpg

Haruhi wallet. I really liked the design, damnit. [£8]

DSCF1161.jpg

Decks everywhere! Although the Dark Emporer says £8, they sold it for £4. LOL WUT [£16]

DSCF1162.jpg

Freebie Haruhi posters.

DSCF1163.jpg

Freebie EVA character things.[/hide]

London is bloody expensive.

Ot: Sounds like your kind of place OP :lol:

It wouldve been perfect if it werent for the over abundance of Naruto/Bleach junk.

see if you cant play fallout 3 and tell me if its any good

Unfortunately it wasnt there. However, Farcry 2 is pretty awesome. You can start forest fires for no good reason.

Edit; This is as close as I could get. 1:16-1:22, left side of the screen. WELL HELLO THERE MY BACK.

sEJEEEbZfhs

The Sora is one of my group and, sadly, Kaiba is off-screen to the right. We're standing in front of the Rock Band area waiting to unleash some ballroom blitz fury.

knkcopy.jpg