Lasting Value of F2P PVP

n64jive

Nobody cares about f2p.

Pay up and shut up. Capische?

:roll: read the post for once in ur life.

the main problem is that f2pers cant hit high, thus they cant ko. every battle ends in someone going to safe spot or teleport. another thing is profit.

solution

1) remove teleport during combat

2) give f2p better equipment so they can hit harder. alternative 1

3) make few additions to the skills to make them equal and ko able alternative 2

4) profit with avoiding rwt could be ... (thats where the trouble is)

f2p is not going so well. and jagex wont do anything about cuz we dont pay...

I did read the post. You can fix the problem yourself, Jagex doesn't need to do anything. Fork out the $5 bucks, if you can pay for the internet you can pay that.

Excuse me, but what happens in F2P does NOT stay in F2P. An unbalanced triangle negatively affects the mindset of new players and makes the game less attractive. Plus, those who fish for swordfish and lobsters on members will find those fish harder to sell if F2P PvP is poor. See? It DOESN'T affect just F2P. Members gets a bit of backlash too.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Although honestly magic isn't much better off in p2p.

I beg your pardon? Teleblock?! Ancients?!

Almost lost my whip/fury because of two mages: one froze me, the other one teleblocked me, if it wasn't for my full inv of food and bad timing of them (could run away right after being frozen) I would have been dead.

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

Although honestly magic isn't much better off in p2p.

I beg your pardon? Teleblock?! Ancients?!

Almost lost my whip/fury because of two mages: one froze me, the other one teleblocked me, if it wasn't for my full inv of food and bad timing of them (could run away right after being frozen) I would have been dead.

Two melee would have killed you as well. Just because magic gets utility in teleblock and barrage doesn't make it any more balanced. A ranger can be effective while fighting as just a ranger. A melee can be effective as just a meleer. A mage has crappy damage, the lowest accuracy of all combat forms, pathetic armor, and no ko. Yes, magic is underpowered in p2p. Sure, teleblock or barrage are sweet when coupled with ranged or melee, but magic by itself? You lose out, bad.

Back when this game evolved from RSC to Rs2, one of the things promised by Jagex was that magic and ranged would become their own combat forms. Magic would no longer be a sidearm to melee. While ranged turned out pretty good, when it came to magic, they missed the mark. Modern and Ancient magic are only used for their holding spells and teleblock while Lunar is a direct contradiction of Jagex's "plans", with vengeance being exactly what magic shouldn't be, a sidearm, a bonus for another class.

A while ago on the official forums I challenged any mage, any level, to beat me in a deathmatch duel with JUST magic, while I would fight then with JUST melee. Out of around 15 different people at 3 rounds each, only two mages managed to beat me, one once out of the 3 rounds and one twice out of the three. That means out of 45 fights, I lost 3. Just three.

And wasn't magic supposed to beat melee?

I can agree with you here. There is a very small chance of that you will be able to KO an opponent in F2P. The weapons you have access to in F2P is simply not good enough against the rune armour, and when a player get real low hp he or she either teleport or run into a safe place.

However, as many have stated before me here, most PK because of fun, not profit. To make PKing profitable Jagex would need to bring in better weapons or adjust the rules of pking, so the fighters would have weaker defense or better strenght/attack.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak