86 to 90 mining

foofoomagoo

If you powermine granite you could make back all the money you didn't get mining iron or something in like 3 hours. You'd save far more than 3 hours at granite. Go granite.

Well you should also do Shooting Stars when you are able to then, mining xp and money.

Buy a few thousand mith ore from the ge, they are cheap cheap. Take a firestaff, mining pick and a stack of nats along with as many milt you can carry minus 4. Head over to the mining guild and mine coal and super hear it into bars. Covers the cost of the nat and you make money. Saves on banking because its 4x the number of mith, coal you can mine before you have to bank. This way you get mining, smithing, cash, and magic exp all at once.

Fools_Taco.png

I think addy or rune ore would do the same thing, get you more smithing exp and prolong banks even more

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

Superheating in the guild. Buy addy ores, go mining, and either sell the bars you make, or save them to smith, although you won't do well in the cash department unless you can smith addy plates for alching.

If you superheat addy to 88 from your current 85, you will have enough addy bars for a ton of smithing experience. And your mining will end up significantly higher than 90. This will, of course, take an eternity, but the smithing experience and cash (less than you'd get from mining and banking coal) would be well worth it. If you don't want to go past 90 mining for time's sake, then go ahead and bank your bars to sell later. Or superheat rune bars for sale.

Superheating addy or rune makes your mining time in the guild at least 20% more productive for mining XP over mining and banking, and you get a bit of magic and smithing XP in the bargain.

-------

Another thing I like to do is go to the dwarven mines on a full world, mine and superheat the iron down there, and make iron knives at the nearby anvil. You lose a bit on the cost of the nats, but it beats the hell out of mining and dropping, and you gain much faster smithing and mage XP than with making addy bars. This will slow down your potential mining XP, but it isn't all that much slower than superheating addy or rune in the guild, and you will gain more smithing and mage XP per hour. If you really want an all-out XP blowout at this spot, make plates with your iron bars and alch them. Your monetary losses become much more significant, but you can total about 70k XP per hour spread across the 3 skills if you are dedicated and a good clicker.

You have to hate yourself to level mining. I managed to level agility to 99, and the thought of mining makes me want to slit my wrists. They need to make mining like fishing and woodcutting. In its current state its to tedious.

Fools_Taco.png