Zombea V2

Wisp

Caladan saw the trouble up ahead. He was slowing down just as May started the car back up. He's been watching his rearview mirrors, as it had only just occurred to him how vulnerable he would be to smokers. He kept as near as possible to the center of the road for this very reason. "Everyone alright?" he checked over the radio.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the radio May heard a voice asking if she was alright.

"Uh.. yes. Just startled me..."

She paused, then continued

"We should be safe for now. They shouldn't be able to catch up. Just keep driving. Try to keep a steady speed. We do not need to run out of gas on the way back.."

The trip was slowed down a lot by broken down or abandoned cars littering the road, and the occasional infected that had wandered onto the road. More than once they had seen a car with an infected trapped inside, slowly banging it's fist against the window.

Over an hour later, they had reached a checkpoint before the military base. The gate was broken in, and the path to the base was open. As they drove past the gatehouse, they saw the bloodied remains of a solider, who had seemingly died defending his post.

"Stay alert, there could be any number of zombies waiting for us."

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

• 2 weeks later...

Vlad flicked his rifle's Unertl scope on its hinge so he could use it.

"Relax,"he told them."I won't alert them just yet.Just going to scope around for an indication of how many there are."With that,he checked he was on Safe,cocked once to check clear,but didn't announce and focused in on the area beyond.

"Seems empty."He announced,more from habit of talking to his spotter than anything else."Except for one crying one.I can probably take her out from here,if you want.Its less than two hundred yards the drop rate is practically zero."

He turned to look at them,and flicked his safety off as he did.

OOC:I got me a witch,if you don't mind.Also,can we get the censor off here or something?I got a perfectly innocent work below "rooster" there.Sniping terms,sniping terms.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

"Um, I think I'll just stay behind the cars for this one, thanks," said Caladan.

OOC: Just wanted to say go for it. Although I vote you should shoot her and then mow her down with the vehicles. And bullets.

"It's up to you vlad. I've only seen one of those things before, and when it saw us, it screamed like hell itself was breaking lose. Every infected for a mile came running, and the guy who bothered her got ripped into pieces."

May picked up a pair of binoculars off the passenger seat, and stepped out of her car. She looked at the witch, it seemed like it was a woman, in her early twenties or late teens, just sitting there, sobbing.

"Hang on a minute" May put the binoculars down, and walked to the back of her car, and opened the trunk. She slowly removed and placed on the ground a box, labeled C4, a machete, about 200 feet of rope, in two coils; an unlabeled box and finally, a long black rifle case. She carefully lifted the case, and put it on the ground gently. She then stepped back, and addressed the others.

"Alright. I have five C4 packs here, and, of course, a detonator. The machete's mine, and we can use the rope for climbing."

She gestured towards the box "That's just ammo... for this." She opened the case, and lifted up a Barrett Model 82A1. "This thing cost me almost ten thousand dollars, and don't even get me started on the price of the ammunition. Anyway, I don't know if one bullet can take a witch down, and we don't want her to scream, and attract a horde, so the best thing to do, is to shoot her at the same time. Sound good?"

May took a clip from the box, and loaded her rifle.

"Unfortunately this thing is too heavy for me to carry around, and it won't be too helpful. so after this, I'll just bring my shotgun and pistols."

May lay down on the ground, and put the crosshairs about 4 inches above the witch's head.

"Just tell me when you're ready to shoot, vlad."

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Vlad undid the catches on his scope,removing it from the M16.Throwing the rifle into the car,he reached inside his jacket and pulled out three cases no one would have noticed before.Opening them,he quickly assembled his sniper rifle.It was a true beauty,and a custom make.A Remington model 700 body and action gave way to the longer AWM barrel,and various parts from and SVD sniper.He smiled,truly happy as he attached the Unertl x36 scope to the rail mount and loaded his own handloaded 7mm Magnum ammo into it.

Clambering on top of a car to see over the bushes,he signalled to his fellows with his left hand and dropped to prone.Releasing the last of his deep breathe,he began to breathe in half-lung gasps,slowly wiggling into a spot weld.He felt the wind at his back,and decided this was his window of oppurtunity.He watched as the Witch bounced up and down during his breaths,and moved the scope so that laterally,she was dead.

To solve the vertical problem,he slowed his breathing,watching her go up and down at a less exaggerated rate.On his third inhalation,he stopped breathing entirely,and the Witch lay there,her head in the absolute centre of his crosshairs.His strong finger squeezed off the six pounds of trigger and he watched her head explode,seconds before the blur of his recoil.He stood up,cocked the rifle and jumped off the car to join his peers.

"Then grand seems a lot to pay for a stock rifle,eh May?I'm guessing you did some configuration on that thing."

devilgod.jpeg

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Caladan was smoking, and wasn't paying much attention to their rifle contest. His Winchester was good enough for him, at least he could pull a good few head shots within a few hundred yards. Then he noticed a few hisses coming from the road behind them. And then he saw movement. A lot of movement. "[cabbage]! [cabbage]! They're coming!" he screamed, shooting. This would be a massive fight.

OOC: Whaaaat? The Francis pulled a Louis? Stay tuned for more, folks.

"Well, I have made a few improvements to the barrel itsel-" At this, May was cut off by Caladan's shouting.

May quickly pulled her shotgun off of the seat of her car, set down her rifle in the car. She quickly put the shotgun on the strap on her back, scooped the two coils of rope off the ground, put them on her shoulder, and carefully picked up the box of c4, and started sprinting into the base.

"Run! There's no cover here. If we can get inside the base there might at least be a chokepoint where we can hold them off!"

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

OOC:What a way to celebrate Crown'd.

ICC:Not bothering with recasing his rifle,Vlad slung it over his shoulders and shoved the boxes into his jacket.M16 in hand,he sprinted in the direction May had pointed,shooting anything that came near.

He didn't like it.He was surrounded,he was using an automatic weapon without even using the sights,and he was exposed in the open spaces.Thats when it hit him.Not a sudden realisation of how to stop the zombies,it was more of a wet tougne around his neck pulling him from the danger to more danger.

OOC:Smokered.

Are we re-enacting the first scene or something?Take it I'm Bill.I spot a witch,Francis (who should actually be Louis) announces the approach of the horde and I get smoked.

Throw a pipe bomb :twss:

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

May continued sprinting towards the first door into the base. She was about 30 yards away from it, when she heard a muffled cry from behind her, and then a shouted obscenity. May looked back over her shoulder, and saw Vlad being pulled back into the crowd of zombies. Then, she felt the ground smack into her body. She looked at her feet, and saw they were caught in a trip wire, that had probably been set up there by whoever was guarding the military base back before it had been over run. She saw Vlad slowly being pulled back further and further towards the horde, and caladan and falcon hadn't seemed to notice.

May, still on the ground, drew her pistol as she got up, aimed, and fired in the direction the tongue was coming from. She saw a normal infected fall, and then another as she shot again. It was useless, the smoker was using the other infected as a shield. Having no other choice, May took aim at the tongue, hoping she could sever it with a bullet. She fired three times in quick succession, and the tongue was hit by the third.

Vlad fell to the ground as the tongue released, but was soon back on his feet, and running, but the closest zombie was only a few feet from him.

May ran the remaining yards to the entrance to the military base, and fumbled with the handle on the door. It was locked. May looked around, there were no entrances close enough to them. Caladan, soon followed by Falcon arrived next to her at the door.

"Now what?" Falcon asked.

"I have an idea. this won't work if the door is barred though." May responded, and she drew her shotgun, aimed it at the handle, and fired. It blew a small hole in the door, destroy the lock, and she tried to push the door open, but it still wouldn't budge.

Caladan then stepped in front of her, put his hand into the hole, and pulled, and the door opened.

"Heh. I didn't think of that. Now get in." May said, as she stepped through the open door. Vlad was still a bit away, with the horde close behind.

OOC: Let's not re-enact the first scene exactly.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

OOC: Sorry, haven't had acess to internet for a few days. I should stop that.

ICC: 'Falconer stayed at the door for a few more seconds, rifle firing into the horde, taking out one closest to Vlad. "MOVE IT! I DO NOT WANT THIS TO BE A REPEAT OF THE CITY RUN!" He shouted, recalling a similar time when Vlad had stopped to snipe a few infected ahead on the road and was ambushed from two side alleys before they had to fight in fairly open ground before blasting a hole through them to run ahead of the stumbling masses. As Vlad neared, Falconer shot once more just over the head into the head of one and shooting through the chest of the one behind. Quickly inside he gropped for his pistol and started firing through the hole in the door from May's shotgun blast.

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

Learning how to make light industrial space craft.

"Falconer, let's go. They aren't getting through this thing," said Caladan. He regretted the loss of many of their supplies. "Any plans for a, ehm, rescue op, May?"

OOC: Sorry, don't have enough time to write more.

"well, we're damn lucky this door opens out, since I blew off the handle. If it opened in, they'd just push it open, but they're not smart enough to pull it." May paused.

"as for our cars, and our gear, I have most of the important equipment I brought here." She said as she gestured to the pack she had strapped to her back.

"But if we want to get out of here, we're going to need to get back there eventually. Plus, the food that I packed into the cars in case we get stuck here i rather important, as I only have so much supplies back at my house. Not to mention I left my rifle there. But that's not important right now. Our first priority should be searching and possibly securing the base. Follow me."

Mae took her flashlight from her belt and started walking into the dimly lit hallway.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

'Falconer keeps his pistol out and follows May, behind and to the right. "I think we should go in diamond formation. Someone protects the rear and makes it hard to flank."'

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

Vlad instictively moved to middle row,left.He had swapped his guns and was now once again holding the Remington.Playfully flicking the scope around on the rail,from left to right to top,he watched the companions get into their positions.

He raised the rifle to his face,left arm in the air and tucked,right arm in a similar position.He scoped around for any approaching infected.

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

"Alright, I got point then. Watch out for side passages, or even vents in the ceiling. There's no telling where these buggers could be.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

OOC:We've not been boomered,have we?I volunteer Lent

ICC:Vlad turned,facing each of his companions in turn.Satisfied no infected were near,he let the rifle loose on the strap for a swig of Vodka and Red Bull.

"This outpost seems familiar,eh Falc?"He asked his past companion.It was the truth,it seemed like somewhere he had raided in the last invasion.Then again,Americans had no creativity in bunkers,which all looked the same.

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

'"Yeah, you know if it's laid out the same, then the supply rooms should be down the right wing... You thinking what I'm thinking?" he said grinning.

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

"The base I was positioned in was different than this one, from the basic layout I saw on the outside. When we were still holding the line at the rocky's before we decided to try to clear the country, I was positioned at a couple of bases. It depends what the base is designated for, some states or districts are air force only, some are heavy armor, some are just general bases. I couldn't find a record of what this base's designation was before everything went to hell, but I think we can discount armor. Most tanks were scrapped for supplies in the last zombie war. Air force would be possible, but less likely, and we probably would have seen atleast a runway. But, since the last war ended, they've been a little less strict on designations, so there might be a bit of a mix. But, given that I have no idea where to go, there's at least a decent chance the supply rooms are down there, we may as well head that way."

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

'"Huzzah!" Falconer whispers to Vlad.

As they start moving down the hall, they see some dark forms in the distance slowly moving towards them.

"Hey, these look like the ones from the last war, they aren't running. Vlad can you take them down before they start a chain moan?"

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

Vlad grinned.These were much easier to shoot.He adopted a standing position,scope flicked to his face.

"No wind,"he announced,more to himself than anyone."But only as far as I know in a building.There's only three,so the time it takes to [rooster] won't screw us all."

And as he spoke he had already focused on one's head.In roughly two seconds,he squeezed off three rounds and had reloaded before the bodies fell limp.He widened his grin."I love this rifle."

OOC:Like that?Bah we need a Lent post,I love how hordes follow him.(Btw,Death Toll is my last What are you try to prove? campaign and since the last 3 I did with bots,thats my aim.I'm trying to prove that even bots are better than my friends.They got enough friendly fire shots to kill me.)

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

May crouched down, in order to get out of the way of Vlad's shooting, and moved forward a few steps, and pushed open a door into a side room. It was a utility closet. The shelf had been cleared of supplies, and there was a bit of blood spattered on the back, as well as a few bulletholes, but that was all. But that wasn't what May was looking for. She switched on the flashlight she had taped to the bottom of her shotgun, and pointed it towards the ceiling. There was a vent, which was just what she was looking for. She figured if she could get into the ducts, she would be able to navigate the base in a safer manner. The vent was out of her reach, but she reached up, and using the butt of the shotgun, she hit the vent hard enough that whatever was holding on snapped, and it fell out.

May stepped back into the hallway, and told the others what she wanted to do:

"So, right now, the base is too hard to navigate easily. There are no lights, and all these windows are blocked, so it's pretty damn dark. I'm 90% sure that if I follow these ventilation ducts, it'll eventually get to the generator room. Presumably, whoever was holed up in this place was trying to save power, because the generators in these places are pretty big, and the fuel would have lasted longer than this, even if it was kept on 24/7. So they probably just had the generator off, and no one turned it back on when they were overrun. Not only will this turn the lights back on, it'll turn their computer systems back on, and there's some information that I want to see if I can find on their computers. Now I can't really go anywhere alone, if there happens to be a smoker or hunter, I would be dead. So I'd need someone to go with me."

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

'"Dangerous mission? Vlad I'll play you rock paper scissors for it!" he spoke excitedly.

His fingers were already twitching around the pistol in his hand, balancing deftly on the trigger.

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

Caladan giggled. Being at least a head taller than the others brought some advantages. "What's that gurgling sound...?" Caladan peeked in a nearby room, and suddenly was covered in some sort of acid. Screaming and shooting, he lay down and shouted for help.

OOC: Yaaaaaay I get to bring PAIN.