higher level npc's on f2p

katsuro0

first off, no, I am not talking about introducing new npcs for f2p. read the post.

Whenever a player fights a monster, it gets exp. Eventually, players get enough exp to gain a level. After a few levels, that player will gain a combat level. (duh)

Now what if the same thing happened for npcs? As they fight more and more players, they gain levels. This would give both f2p and p2p higher leveled npcs without creating new monsters.

Of course we can't let goblins get to level 126, so maybe twice or thrice a day the levels would reset.

CC please.

knightsoforderse9.png

Interesting idea..

To do it right I think that Jagex would have to make it only

a few select monsters in specific locations and they would

gain levels only if they kill the pesky humans that attacked it.

If this is done to only a few monsters then you don't have to reset their levels.

Also, Jagex could increase the loot as the monster leveled up. :D

Kinda off topic but, another game has announced an expansion that will let you play as a monster!.

So, you could, for awhile, play as a Lesser Demon or White knight or Goblin or whatever.

Imagine playing as a Greater Demon and chasing the wildy PKers to get revenge!

Now that could be fun!

No offense, but I don't really understand the benefit of this idea. If a monster can level up, doesn't that mean every monster would eventually reach 125? Even with resetting the levels every so often, there are already plenty of monsters of various levels. JAGeX balances Runescape rather well-this would harm that balance.

lpinkus

No offense, but I don't really understand the benefit of this idea.

If a monster can level up, doesn't that mean every monster would eventually reach 125?

No

The monster could be made to gain exp only when it killed humans.

Also, it could only be a few select monsters.

...there are already plenty of monsters of various levels.

No

In F2P,

there are only 11 monsters above level 35 that you can train on.

There are only 5 above level 45 to train on.

...JAGeX balances Runescape rather well-this would harm that balance.

A lot of players would probably question how well Runescape is balanced.

Look at the number of level 99 fletchers compared to 99 prayer.

But, regardless, if Jagex was careful about how they implemented it,

then it need not unbalance the game.

hmm, maybe there would be a max level that an npc could reach? Like a goblin could get to level 10, then it would reset. A lesser demon could reach lvl 95 or something be4 it resets.

knightsoforderse9.png

no dice cause then it would have to be set for every individual lvl of the npc since there are already goblins over lvl 10 in p2p.

and I dont think the JAGeX would want to go over every lvl of every monster in the game.

Kinda off topic but, another game has announced an expansion that will let you play as a monster!.

So, you could, for awhile, play as a Lesser Demon or White knight or Goblin or whatever.

Imagine playing as a Greater Demon and chasing the wildy PKers to get revenge!

Now that could be fun!

I think jagex should release the ability to play as a monster, that would be aweseme.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=275560&highlight=

Theres a thread about it, go take a look.

ShadowSam19.png

Not too many monsters get to kill any players. F2p does have too few higher lvl monsters, and the easiest way to fix this would be to make a p2p monster or 2 available to everyone.

No offense, but I don't really understand the benefit of this idea.

If a monster can level up, doesn't that mean every monster would eventually reach 125?

No

The monster could be made to gain exp only when it killed humans.

Also, it could only be a few select monsters.

Yes, but given an infinite amount of time of killing humans, the monster would obtain lvl 125.

...there are already plenty of monsters of various levels.

No

In F2P,

there are only 11 monsters above level 35 that you can train on.

There are only 5 above level 45 to train on.

Yep, that's about right. JAGeX has f2p set up so that one will want to become a member so that there are more, higher lvl monsters to fight. Really, I feel sorry if you want to become a member and can't get a parent's permission, etc., but JAGeX is a company. They don't produce Runescape for free. I'm not saying that nastily, I'm just presenting the fact that JAGeX is a business.

...JAGeX balances Runescape rather well-this would harm that balance.

A lot of players would probably question how well Runescape is balanced.

Look at the number of level 99 fletchers compared to 99 prayer.

But, regardless, if Jagex was careful about how they implemented it,

then it need not unbalance the game.

If you work hard/long enough, you can get 99 prayer, fletching, or whatever. Those numbers look "unbalanced" because most players would rather have 99 fletching than 99 prayer. And, if people feel Runescape is so unbalanced, why play it? Why not switch to another online game with an extensive world, monster database, and quest list that costs only 5 bucks a month to play? Oh, right :)

lpinkus

first off, no, I am not talking about introducing new npcs for f2p. read the post.

Whenever a player fights a monster, it gets exp. Eventually, players get enough exp to gain a level. After a few levels, that player will gain a combat level. (duh)

Now what if the same thing happened for npcs? As they fight more and more players, they gain levels. This would give both f2p and p2p higher leveled npcs without creating new monsters.

Of course we can't let goblins get to level 126, so maybe twice or thrice a day the levels would reset.

CC please.

but if every1 kills the goblin that gets xp, wouldnt there be a problem? like this:

man: hits goblin, gets xp

goblin: hits man, gets xp, gets lvl,

man: kills goblin

so, the levels of goblins wouldnt have to be reset a few times a day, because they would all die.

CC please.

but if every1 kills the goblin that gets xp, wouldnt there be a problem? like this:

man: hits goblin, gets xp

goblin: hits man, gets xp, gets lvl,

man: kills goblin

so, the levels of goblins wouldnt have to be reset a few times a day, because they would all die.

players die and they still keep their lvls :? . i dont see what you're trying to say

knightsoforderse9.png