My internets got it on...

CowsEatFood

And made a bad internets.

So here is my situation. I have 2 internet connections. One has fast loading speeds, but it is not reliable and has bad download speeds. This was the only internet we had, until my dad decided he decided to get a new internet connection. This internet connection has delayed loading speeds, but way faster download speeds and more reliable (this is a satellite connection btw). Now to my problem.

We recently moved offices (so now the computer is closer to the router), so we had to unplug everything and move stuff around. Once we got everything settled, we turned the router/modem back on and the computers back on. The internet wasn't being its usual self :ohnoes:. So we unplugged the old internet and kept the new internet back on. The new connection was acting like the old connection.

So I tried playing rs with it (my usual test to try out the connection) and it was still having a delayed reaction. Also youtube was being extremely slow, like with my old connection. And I can't multitask without everything not loading, like my old connection. After 3 days of it being like this it still has not resolved itself.

My question is: Is my connection problem something I can solve myself? Or is it something I'd have to talk with my service provider about.

Thanks.

Shaniqua.png

Call me crazy, but you'll probably have to talk with your ISP about it. :(

BTW, did your old connection do RS well, or was it as bad as this one is acting? :?

~Mr. D. V. "That's one ugly net link you got there." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

BTW, did your old connection do RS well, or was it as bad as this one is acting? :?

There wasn't a delay in clicking and the character moving like my new one, but it would sometimes go out/lag for no reason. The new one though has a 2-3 second delay with each action. Needless to say I can't go pking anymore except on my 1 itemer :/. *BTW: Old connection was bad because of a treeline that is right where the connection needs to go*.

Shaniqua.png

There wasn't a delay in clicking and the character moving like my new one, but it would sometimes go out/lag for no reason. The new one though has a 2-3 second delay with each action. Needless to say I can't go pking anymore except on my 1 itemer :/. *BTW: Old connection was bad because of a treeline that is right where the connection needs to go*.

Satellite internet is good for everything but games. Games lag horribly for some reason.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

<<<Quote Snip>>>

Satellite internet is good for everything but games. Games lag horribly for some reason.

LOL... The reason being that air time for the data to travel, and the fact that the upload and download lines are split in a rather bad, middleman-loaded manner... :wall:

~D. V. "Gamers and Slow Links don't mix." Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

<<<Quote Snip>>>

LOL... The reason being that air time for the data to travel, and the fact that the upload and download lines are split in a rather bad, middleman-loaded manner... :wall:

~D. V. "Gamers and Slow Links don't mix." Devnull

Tell me about it. There is no latency what so ever in satellite. Also the the data to travel as D_V_Devnull stated.

Yeah, since the data has to travel about... up to space? And back again?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

There is no latency what so ever in satellite.

Uh... you might want to read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_lag

I have to think that statement of "No Latency" is sarcasm? A more appropriate phrase would be "Extreme Latency"? :?:

~D. V. "You have me confused." Devnull

[Edit: Not trying to be a jerk here... just trying to clarify...]

There is no latency what so ever in satellite.

Uh... you might want to read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_lag

I have to think that statement of "No Latency" is sarcasm? A more appropriate phrase would be "Extreme Latency"? :?:

~D. V. "You have me confused." Devnull

[Edit: Not trying to be a jerk here... just trying to clarify...]

I meant like horrible latency not like no latency at all.