Range training for 80+

meb

I'm 84 ranging atm and I'm aiming for 90. I was going to chin, but on second though I'd prefer to save my money for more important things. I will be Slaying and ranging the tasks I can range in an effective way. What armour and weapons should I use? I don't have full Armadyl (alas), but I am 180 points away from my void helm. Should I use knives? If yes, which ones, and if no, just a crossbow with broad bolts? Or should I pick my weapon depending on the task (if they have high def, like abyssals, xbow and knives on dusties for example)?

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

If you want fast exp without chinning i think you use void range against yaks with iron knives, dont take my word for it though. As for slayer the xbow is used pretty much everywhere over knives ( unless you're using rune knives ) and with the cheapness of broad bolts its a great deal.

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

I prefer broad bolts with my void on slayer tasks. I used knives for a bit but I find I kill faster with the bolts

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

Definitely use void.

Metal dragons, bloodvelds, basilisks, fire giants and skeletal wyvern are the kind of monsters that you want to range for task. There are still many monsters out there that you can range if you prefer but in my opinion meleeing is always better but in some cases ranging will get your task done faster and save you some money. For example, fire giants. I prefer ranging them as they hit you quite often and it usually takes you about 2 trips to get your task done unless of course if you have guthans.

Here's what i think you should do. Dont use ranged at all on your slayer tasks. Melee has so many advantages, for example, the slayer mask( or black mask). I can get my tasks done so much faster meleeing.

For ranged exp, chin. Here's what i'd do from 84. Steel dart at yaks untill 90 then chin all the way to 99. If you're looking for some money, go avs camping.

Forgot to mention I don't want to do yacks, and please don't suggest aviansies because I just killed 800 nand I'm pretty sick of them. Besides, I wanna slay :D . Any tips on tank ranging by the way? There are some tasks you can't safespot on.

EDIT: Btw, thanks card ::' . I'm probably going to use void and broad bolts.

EDIT EDIT: Chriz I have both Guthans and acces to Bunyips ;) . I'm not interested in training the fastest way possible, I'm more interested in getting some profit along with some variation and decent xp. I don't really care about the speed of my Slayer tasks, as long as I don't have to bank for food *shiver*.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Forgot to mention I don't want to do yacks, and please don't suggest aviansies because I just killed 800 nand I'm pretty sick of them. Besides, I wanna slay :D . Any tips on tank ranging by the way? There are some tasks you can't safespot on.

EDIT: Btw, thanks card ::' . I'm probably going to use void and broad bolts.

EDIT EDIT: Chriz I have both Guthans and acces to Bunyips ;) . I'm not interested in training the fastest way possible, I'm more interested in getting some profit along with some variation and decent xp. I don't really care about the speed of my Slayer tasks, as long as I don't have to bank for food *shiver*.

viewtopic.php?f=180&t=745185

Have a look at this.

I promise you every single slayer task is rangeable.

Those tecniques are good ;) did the vast majority of my range on slayer.