bare handed fishing, equipable harpoon and normal harpoon

langer

Can anyone who has tested thoroughly these methods answer me?

Aside from getting str xp, is bare handed fishing faster, slower or equal to normal harpoon training?

Is fishing with a kebbit harpoon faster compared to normal harpoon? Has someone measured it? I know having one more fish per load will result in less banking thus more fishing... resulting in more xp per hour.

I just want to know if someone tested these rates and can give me some stats.

Please only post if you have some results, I'm not interested in opinions or untested approximations.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Speed: Barb-tailed Harpoon (the one you calls kebbit harpoon)> normal Harpoon > Bare-hand

Barb-tailed harpoon is about 5-10% faster in obtaining a fish than a normal harpoon.

I dont keep track of data, so you can either take my words or forget what I said.

aalelaabm.jpg

The Haraguroi Club: Where Yandere Thrive for Chopping

They're all the same, unless you count the mostly negligible difference in speed from the absence of big fish and whirlpool random events when you fish with your hands. The animations are different, but the catching speed is identical.

In my exhaustive tests, barehand has always been slightly slower than a harpoon. Barb harpoon is slightly faster, but even over a 50k shark sample i don't think the difference is enough to say for sure.

At least, this is for sharks. I've not tested enough for swordies. This is also all at 99.

I've heard reports that strength level can affect barehand fish speed: all my tests were with 99.

Of course nobody ever agrees on this, and i don't think the difference is enough to matter, but that's what all my tests have shown.