Help stopping lag.

ankie1992

I am getting really annoyed with the amount of lag I get when I play RuneScape. At least once per hour I lag out and I am constantly lagging to the point that the "Connection Lost" message appears. This is getting on my nerves and I would like any suggestions on how to stop this lag. I have cable internet and always have had, but this sort of lag didn't start until about 3 months ago and it just hasn't stopped.

Thanks,

-Ankie

Check my blog, I'm retired now anyway.

Ankie_1992.png

61,128th to 99 Strength.

Same thing happens to me, but mine is about every 5 minutes. It made completing summers end hell...

Anyways... best thing I can say is play on low detail, turning every graphic option to low or none, and only having the window with runescape in it up. :?

pongr.png

Yeah, as Fizzzard said, iTunes lags down Runescape.

Same applies to chatting programs (eg MSN) or other music programs (Windows Media Player).

If you have too much junk on your computer (music or other files that add up), maybe you should consider backing that stuff up onto CDs and deleting it from your computer.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Yeah I've been playing with it turned off and the lag isn't as bad actually. But it is still lagging more than it is supposed to, it's just I would like to do some pking and I don't want to have the lag get me killed :oops:

Also, I'll look through my hard-drive and deleta as much as I can. I've got a few gig of runescape videos which I can probably backup and delete ::'

Check my blog, I'm retired now anyway.

Ankie_1992.png

61,128th to 99 Strength.