Gentleman Suggestions - Top Hats, Canes and Costumes

highlanders

I posted this suggestion on Runescape Official Forums but of course it got at page 49, pushed by overnumbered farming threads, and, in no time, got deleted.

---

I think we need a gentleman touch in Runescape, but don't worry ladies, this is for you aswell !

(Some very few of you may think "Runescape is medieval-based you can't add that etc etc" (for those who aren't concerned, just skip this, you've already understood)

We got berets, they didn't had that back then. Nor did they have wooden armour, magical things, whips, party hats, easter eggs, giant hammers and axes, etc. It would be stupid to close our eyes to all ideas that go a bit away from 'medieval' because Runescape is fantasy, not a historical reply of Europe, wake up!)

Canes

Aww, a real gentleman never leaves home without it. It would be tipped with all metals including dragon. I would be optained in a shop and you would need to complete a quest in order to wield it.

Shop prices:

Bronze cane - 100gps

Iron cane - 300gps

Steel cane - 700gps

Mithril cane - 1200gps

Adamantite cane - 3400gps

Rune cane - 42 000gps

Dragon cane - 125 000gps

Top hats and melon hats

Now that would be interesting. There would be 2 types of top hats, low top hats, medium top hats and high top hats, very tall ones. They would be optained as a rare reward from a mini game manners-related (I know some noobs that it wouldn't hurt to review a bit their manners).

Costumes

Now old-ish style costumes!

19321505512.jpg

Here is a costume pretty close to my vision of what kind of costume we should get but black instead of purple. Also meet this Willy Wonka character, I got most of my ideas for this thread off him (that and also the fact that I am hitting on Johnny depp, especially when he's in costumes... Whoops did I say that outloud?).

Ladies

Ladies would be able to wear all the items mentioned previously. A few items including a lot of silk items such as silk dresses, fancy gloves (also wearable by men) and accessories such as diadems and diamond necklasses.

Now that I showed you my ideas, post yours! Additions or refinings about my ideas, aswell as new ideas, are welcome. And behave yourself, but I don't have to say that do I? We're not in Jagex forums, thank god.

---

Ideas

Idea from: Lord Muijs

Maybe you would get extra emotes while wearing costumes , like a gentleman taking off his hat for a second, to be polite.

2480+ total

Tiger, get a point before posting, this is a discussion. And if you want to post pointless things, then go have fun on Jagex forums.

2480+ total

Ok then, I have questions...

Can you attack with the canes? I assume the answer is yes, so how strong are they compared to other weapons?

Does the gentlemanly clothing provide any bonuses? What are those bonuses?

Jewelery, same question.

I guess there already are things in Runescape that are just for show, so I would have no problem with more of it. That is, as long as it doesn't end up getting linked to a quest, because I don't want to dress up like Johnny Depp in that pic :)

lpinkus

yeah, more novilty costumes is a cool idea. i dont really like the mime because its the bottom of the "acting" hierarchy.

imo itd be better if you earned these things like you do for mine junk, urm, clothes. (im sick of earning 500gp for clicking emotes on a stage for 5mins, you can finish mazes in a quicker time)

and why have oopma loompa constumes when theyve already released dwarf clothes?

limpxbizkid.png

i+r+newblet.png

(Some very few of you may think "Runescape is medieval-based you can't add that etc etc" (for those who aren't concerned, just skip this, you've already understood)

We got berets, they didn't had that back then. Nor did they have wooden armour, magical things, whips, party hats, easter eggs, giant hammers and axes, etc. It would be stupid to close our eyes to all ideas that go a bit away from 'medieval' because Runescape is fantasy, not a historical reply of Europe, wake up!)

berets, not medivel, i agree

wooden armour: yes they did in mideval times.... like the germanic tribes, vikings, ect...

magical things: many were accused of being a witch/ sorceror, many potions, ect.

party hats, not medieval, but think of them as coloured crowns :P

easter eggs: they decorated easter eggs back then im sure

giant hammers and axes: yes they did, maybe armies had unusual weapons

anyways, back to your topic, i agree lol, it would be nice

Ok then, I have questions...

Can you attack with the canes? I assume the answer is yes, so how strong are they compared to other weapons?

Jewelery, same question.

I guess there already are things in Runescape that are just for show, so I would have no problem with more of it. That is, as long as it doesn't end up getting linked to a quest, because I don't want to dress up like Johnny Depp in that pic :)

lpinkus

Actually, I cannot really answer to any of those questions except the first one, yes you would be able to attack with canes. Also, the gentleman clothing would have no bonuses, like mime. For the stats of the jewelery and the canes, I was hoping someone would suggest me some. You know those + and those - in bonuses, understanding them is a thing, making them is another.

About the Johnny Deep thing, I was thinking the same thing, he had to dress up like that for a whole movie. Bwhahaha poor him.

---

To all previous replies:

You understand that responding to all those posts individual posts would take quite a while. I won't be answering all of your posts, but I will read them all thoroughfully. If you want me to idividually respond to your comment then please notify me that in the post, if your post is a question I will answer it as much as I can. Don't get mad if I can't answer at your post immediatly, I have to sleep, eat and play Runescape like everyone :wink: .

And thanks to all people who support my idea :-)

Felt like answering this one, it has no real link with the topic but just to let know:

i did have a point, it was that you like willie wonka so why not exploit it, and i'd rather have 'fun' on these forums then the jagex ones

I don't like Willy Wonka, I had no idea who that was and I still don't know who he is except that he owns a chocolate factory, I'm only interested by the fact that he's played by Johnny Depp and that it's going to be extremelly CRUNCHY to see him act like an idiot for 2 hours :twisted: . I saw the trailer, can't wait to see the movie.

2480+ total

I don't like Willy Wonka, I had no idea who that was and I still don't know who he is except that he owns a chocolate factory, I'm only interested by the fact that he's played by Johnny Depp and that it's going to be extremelly CRUNCHY to see him act like an idiot for 2 hours :twisted: . I saw the trailer, can't wait to see the movie.

Then I highly reccomend you see the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971), starring the brilliant Gene Wilder as Wonka. A great film. The original and the coming remake are both based on Roald Dahl's book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (1964).

lpinkus

Then I highly reccomend you see the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971), starring the brilliant Gene Wilder as Wonka. A great film. The original and the coming remake are both based on Roald Dahl's book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (1964).

lpinkus

I already know about the orignal movie, I heard it's very good. But I'm not a big fan of old movies, and I'm only going to see that candy movie because there is Depp in it, but ty for the suggestion anyway.

We all love Willy Wonka but please lets get back at the main subject - my suggestion.

2480+ total

lpinkus

maybe you would get extra emotes wearing that stuff, like a gentleman taking his hat off for a second, to be polite. (i bet if i posted this on JAGeX official forums a LOT of players would be running to get their dictonary, to see what the * polite is.

No, they wouldn't go to a dictionary, they would meerly insult you and call you a noob for making up new words like "polite".

Anyways, I like the idea, although you may like Johney depp a little to much, I find it ma add charector to the game.

Also you'll have to excuse tiger, hes an idiot.

I already know about the orignal movie, I heard it's very good. But I'm not a big fan of old movies, and I'm only going to see that candy movie because there is Depp in it, but ty for the suggestion anyway.

We all love Willy Wonka but please lets get back at the main subject - my suggestion.

Ok then :) I think your idea is fine. If there were ever new costumes such as these, they'd probably come out during holidays.

See the original :)

lpinkus

lpinkus

maybe you would get extra emotes wearing that stuff, like a gentleman taking his hat off for a second, to be polite. (i bet if i posted this on JAGeX official forums a LOT of players would be running to get their dictonary, to see what the * polite is.

Exellent idea! I'm going to add it to to the main post joined with your name (for credit).

2480+ total

No, they wouldn't go to a dictionary, they would meerly insult you and call you a noob for making up new words like "polite".
Yeah, thats true, how foolish of me to think so highly of those people.

lpinkus

maybe you would get extra emotes wearing that stuff' date=' like a gentleman taking his hat off for a second, to be polite. (i bet if i posted this on JAGeX official forums a LOT of players would be running to get their dictonary, to see what the * polite is.[/quote']

Exellent idea! I'm going to add it to to the main post joined with your name (for credit).

well, thanks!

Lol, isn't that kind of the torn clothing thet you can chosse at the beggining of the game.

But after that you have to choose between shorts, cuffed...or bellbottoms.

what a lame selection.

heck no! U kidding me? u call THAT tramp clothing? pffft. tramp clothing would be optional if you want to wear them or not. By killing a tramp, it will rarely drop a tramp clothing bottom or top. once you get both pieces, you will be able to beg at shops, stalls, and just about any npc for money. Depending on the messages you choose to say, you will get a range from 1gp-10k. You can beg only every half hour. If you attempt to beg too much, you will be killed. lol.

Sup noobs.

If you attempt to beg too much, you will be killed.

to bad that doesnt happen now...But any way, i love the idea. Runescape needs more diversity. Everyone walks around in the same thing (espec in f2p) They badly need to add random clothes just for fun, though it is good they are beggining to, with the beret, highwayman mask, etc. This idea is great, and would be fun

ShadowSam19.png

and soon you'll be wanting oompa loompa costumes, correct?
:lol: :lol: :lol: Anyways, the idea wouldn't hurt, but I'd hate to see some lvl 20 walking around in a tux and top hat, that'd just kill my eyes =\

123 Combat / 1900 Skill Total / 99 HP / 7x 99 Stats