Quit Runescape years ago... back into it

fx22

Greetings

I am a Level 72, and I started playing runescape a year after its release and loved it. I used to be a member but I don't think I will be a member at this time. I quit shortly after they made the switch from Runescape Classic to the runescape today because back then it was so terrible. Now I am back into it and they seem tohave improved it.

Now, I have nothing. No gold, no weapons, no armor.

Some of my stats

Mining 51

Attack 60

Ranged 31

Fishing 66

Smithing 45

Cooking 58

Magic 47

And some of the newer stats like slaying, hunting, etc. are at 1

Where should I start? What is the community like? Is it still like.. you mine coal, sell competively to others? Whats the mainstream way of getting gold nowadays?

Are there guilds finally established in this game and are they any good?

Are there other important things I should know as well?

Thanks a lot!

Not much thing to do on F2P that can earn gp fast; one way is to fish Lobsters etc. For Woodcutting, yew logs are the only ones that really make you gp. Combat? Maybe you can try to kill Moss Giants for their bones or limpwurt roots; Hobgoblins drop limpwurt roots too.

Gold mining is probably good at the Crafting Guild although it tends to be crowded at times. Oh and you'll probably want to finish the Lumbridge/Draynor Achievement Diary for the Explorer's Ring which has a nifty teleport to the cabbage farm south of Falador. :thumbup:

You could always try star mining, members only I'm afraid. Look it up in diversions and distractions on the runescape site. Once you have 200 dust, the sprite will give you 50,000 gold coins, some gold ore, runes and mining exp. You will get a good price for your gold ore at the GE, but not so much for bars. Stars drop every 2 hours or so.

I hope this helps if you need money fast.

witchylucy.png

I shall elaborate.

Grand exchange, which is north-west of Varrock, is a place you sell or buy items, which you can buy or sell items instantly, or it will take some time. You can sell things at max or least price, as the grand exchange hasits own price range.

The runecrafting guild, which requires 50 runecrafting, was created and has a mini-game there, which the guild is f2p.

Pk'ing was removed due to real world trading. Don't listen to whiners about it, it was for the better.

Summoning is the latest skill, released this January. You make pouches, using spirit shards which you buy, green, blue, gold, or crimson charms which you get from monster drops, and pouches which you buy to make them at summoning obelisks. Do the quest Wolf whistle for the tutorial and unlocking of it.

We had our first ever grandmaster quest released, While Guthix Sleeps, which requires alot of qp and high skills, but offers a good reward.

Smoking kills, which is a quest for slayer, unlocks slayer points which you exchange at slayer masters for rewards, which you get 1 point for completing every 5 tasks (assuming you know about slayer)

I'll leave it to others for more info.

GG.gif

Pk'ing was removed due to real world trading. Don't listen to whiners about it, it was for the better.

Could you elaborate more on this?

So it is not possible to fight any players in the Wilderness?

Also, when you die from an NPC.. do you lose your items or do they stay with you?

Due to Real World Trading (RWT), Big J decided to remove the wilderness and the PvP aspect of it, replacing the PvP aspect with Bounty Hunter, Clan Wars, Fist of Guthix and also PvP Specific Servers.

EDIT: oops i mean the Wildy is still there, just that they removed the PvP aspect of the wilderness. Also take note of the Revenants they placed in the wildy to 'simulate' real pkers...

Could you elaborate more on this?

So it is not possible to fight any players in the Wilderness?

Also, when you die from an NPC.. do you lose your items or do they stay with you?

same 3/4 or 1 item system when u die

except u receive a gravestone when u die and no one can loot your stuff -.-

foukouei.png

Ok and one last question

What is mining and fishing like nowadays? For example, It used to be a while ago where there are very specific areas where you had to mine to get coal for instance (the color of the mining rocks would be black for coal, red for copper, gray for iron, etc), does it matter where you mine in order to get a desired ore?

Also, what are homes that I see on my menu?

Ok and one last question

What is mining and fishing like nowadays? For example, It used to be a while ago where there are very specific areas where you had to mine to get coal for instance (the color of the mining rocks would be black for coal, red for copper, gray for iron, etc), does it matter where you mine in order to get a desired ore?

you only see veins of the color now please read the tip.it guides for more stuff info

foukouei.png

The colors of the rocks are almost the same, except that instead of the whole rocks being a certain colour, the rocks have ore veins that show that colour of the ore instead.

Also most of the mining sites haven't been really changed much, the ores are still pretty much found at the same places. Fishing in F2P mostly involves Karamja or Barbarian Village.

The larger group of the RS community are still rude & immature, but other than that; there's a whole lot of change.

Some changes include:

- RuneScape High Detail (Better graphics)

-The Grand Exchange (Easier way to merchant)

-Balanced Trades (kind of a negative thing)

-Revenant Ghosts (NPC version of a PKer, introduced when players could no longer kill eachother in the wilderness)

-PK Worlds (Worlds were basically everywhere is the wilderness, meaning you can get attacked from wherever, kind of like RSC. Introduced because of people whining that they could no longer PK)

- A horde of level 300+ monsters.

& those have just been released in the past 2 years...

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

i was also out for a while but I don't get it.... if i go into the wildy nobody can attack me? unless i'm in a pvp world?

that is correct except their are revenants which are npc like pkers that own in f2p and sometimes p2p (only when your not expecting them)

their is the rev dragon 135

rev knight 126

rev dark beast 120

rev ork 105

rev werewolf 75

other revs dont know cb lvl though

same thing applies as in old wilderness a rev dragon cant atk you if your a lvl 80 in the 40 wild but a rev dark beast can

foukouei.png

:o

it always teleblock and freeze or just sometimes? Is there some guide about it that would be nice ;)

what do they drop? random or is there a drop lost?

they mainly drop coins so not worth killing

i hear they drop obby capes,god staves,glories and such

only on the high lvl ones though

foukouei.png