-----> Skeleton Grunge <-----

Zibl

ziblskeletongrungecopy8zr.png

Meh, took a shot (in the dark, upside down, while fighting a monkey) at a grunge signature. Golly gee if I just don't hate those :evil: , but I needed the practice.

C/C or a Rate would really make me happy :oops: .

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

godslayer shut the hell up :roll:

anyway, the render doesnt really blend into the sig very well, you may want to add some contrast to it and sorta use a feather lasso selection to blend it better. as for the bg I dunno its just sorta bland, maybe do some more brushing around and contrast it some more.

Contrast works wonders :) also brighter colors in general.

How rude. No need to disregard my opinion because you don't like it, especialy when the topic started asked for it.

yer ice ring just because u like it doesn't mean every body else need to like it.

oh yer the sig 4/10 the skeleton looks weird.

~Michael

~My Second Year As a Tip-it'er

~Need a Sig?(Abstract, Grunge or Photomanip) Ask me.

How rude. No need to disregard my opinion because you don't like it, especialy when the topic started asked for it.

yer ice ring just because u like it doesn't mean every body else need to like it.

oh yer the sig 4/10 the skeleton looks weird.

its not that, its the fact that he is posting on nearly every topic that contains a sig with a render and complaining about it. That gets really annoying after a while.

Owned Ice? :D

But its pretty full in your sig..

its not that, its the fact that he is posting on nearly every topic that contains a sig with a render and complaining about it. That gets really annoying after a while.

Hmm yea. Thats almost like pointing out a rip in every one of those topics.

Oh... wait... It is????

=D

Looks like one of those pixel stretch backgrounds, with some tacky fonts, and blurred pixel fonts (set anti-aliasing to none for best results with pixel/bitmap fonts..) and an inset border. If you changed the contrast on the background it might look nicer, but right now it looks messy and sloppy.

The bottom right corner is my favourite part.

#1 - People who don't like renders (images)... that is your desicion :? . I can't stop anyone from complaining about them.

#2 - The sig overall, doesn't look good. Oddly enough, that as really my goal :? . Grunge sigs, in my opinion, aren't supposed to look real good (maybe its just me).

#3 - I added brightness and contrast :roll: . I even did it twice. If you think THAT looks bad, you should have seen it before the contract/brightness :wink: .

#4 - Pixel stretch... yup. Tacky fonts... the grungist and crappiest I had. Anti-asliasing... wtf :shock: (I R NEWB)?

Thanks for atleast replying to my signature. Normally when I post, I get about 50 views and no replies :roll: .

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

#1 - People who don't like renders (images)... that is your desicion :? . I can't stop anyone from complaining about them.

#2 - The sig overall, doesn't look good. Oddly enough, that as really my goal :? . Grunge sigs, in my opinion, aren't supposed to look real good (maybe its just me).

#3 - I added brightness and contrast :roll: . I even did it twice. If you think THAT looks bad, you should have seen it before the contract/brightness :wink: .

#4 - Pixel stretch... yup. Tacky fonts... the grungist and crappiest I had. Anti-asliasing... * :shock: (I R NEWB)?

Thanks for atleast replying to my signature. Normally when I post, I get about 50 views and no replies :roll: .

#2 - Hmm, no offense, but if thats the goal of every grunge sig I think you should learn some different styles.

#3 - I meant more like this, to bring out some of the colours (which aren't bad)

examp6bx.jpg

#4 - Here is an example out of an old tutorial of mine:

antialiasing.gif

You'll also see this term (and the term aliased) used in more advanced pixel/sprite art, and even digital airbrushings.

the point of most art is to either look good, or have some sort of meaning. This however, has neither.

ice_ring, i'm not going to go into a big flame war here, but i've been posting this on a few topics so hopefully some people will realize something here.

doesn't mean its right. here, let me give an example.

i go and grab an image from alyn's deviantart page. I then proceed to use a lot of brushing "scanlines" and the whole works on it. Was it ripping? yes. Those images on gamewallpapers are actual people's artwork. You might not think of a video game or anime character as artwork, but it is.

I'm trying to say, making your own images are so much more satisfying. Doing your own abstracts/landscapes/paintings/whatever yourself is a great reward. I'm not going to force anything on you, just trying to tell you what your doing is wrong, and although as a site we can't just ban anyone who uses these "renders" *cough*google pictures*cough* we can try and get them to stop. So, if you do like art, please don't rip, no matter how much you spiffed up an image.

With that said... good luck on the sigs. I made this breif because frankly, i'm getting tired of arguing when its a lost cause...

and ps, just because a lot do it, doesn't make it right.

p.s.s: you like photomanipulating? http://www.sxc.hu/ go there. its a stock site. basicly artists put up their photos as stock. make sure you read their terms (ie if you need to link back to them/ask permision/ect.) but its 100% legal, and most often are a lot better looking than stuff off of gamewallpapers.

this was in response to someone who said:

" it doesn't matter if he took them, he brushed them / mainulated them / ect.!'

well, In the example I gave proved it quite wrong. this was on sigmaker's topic in the media market, and he's actualy getting into terragen, and doing well for a first try :D

what i'm trying to say is, one big part of art is to express yourself. ripping an image and throwing it together in a sig realy isn't much expressing anything. At the least, i know that putting together a nicely looking sig all by your own is a big accomplishment, and it does feel well when you do it. I know you might be tempted to throw in that image do kind of, fill in space, or look cool, or something, but instead of that, howabout something else?

Zibl, you could probaly do well doing photomanipulations. The site i gave in the quote is full of High quality stock images. basicly said, they will look 100x better than a poorly done googled image. so next time you need to fill up space, or whatever, look there. think of something cool that you could put into a sig. Experiment alot with stocks, thats what i like to do in spare time.

take a few stocks, and blend 'em together to make a somewhat unique abstract photo. Or blend a creepy looking stock photo of a dark room into one of your grunge sigs.

I'm not going to go on and on preaching whats right and whats wrong, but i'm just trying to tell you, if you like art than don't rip others artwork.