mithril dragons and chewed bones (answered)

Shady Character

im about to finish the fremmy diarys and all i need to do is kill a mithril dragon and do the pyre ship. my questions are:

what is considered the best method for killing a mith drag?

are my levels high enough for it?

and what is the drop ratio of chewed bones?

please post if u can answer any of these. also links to guides are helpfull. (please dont link to tipit guide as ive read that one already.)

De_Toke.png
max.png
Quest cape since Jan. 30th, '08

Best Method - Range/Melee over Mage, since Mage is not so effective. Also you'll get hit more with Ahrims, so it's best to just bring Karils and pray Range, or Prosy Armor and pray Melee.

Your levels - With your stats, range is ineffective. Try melee, and of super sets.

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

Best Method - Range/Melee over Mage, since Mage is not so effective. Also you'll get hit more with Ahrims, so it's best to just bring Karils and pray Range, or Prosy Armor and pray Melee.

Your levels - With your stats, range is ineffective. Try melee, and of super sets.

ok if i am to meele them, woulndt it be better to wear karils and pray meele instead of pros and pray meele? this way i have better mage protection. i dont realy care bout the pray pots cuz i only need to kill one. however i may end up killing more depending on how long it will take to get the chewed bones.

so in all, karils or pros?

De_Toke.png
max.png

That's right, sorry, I was thinking about something else :wall: I thought for the achievement diary, you could just scrummage the bones in the Ancient Cavern.

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

I kill about 6-7 mithril dragons per trip with 84 range. OP, you'll be fine killing just one mithril dragon. Use a mixture of blood and diamond bolts, blood until he's at half health then diamond the rest of the way. Use Karils if you don't mind risking it your very first time. Antifire shield, rune crossbow, archer helm or guthix coif, snakeskin boots. You'll be fine.

EDIT: Ladycai is right, scrummaging mangled bones from the ancient cavern is easier than getting chewed bones from a Mithril Dragon. You should search the corpses around the first level by the Barbarians and Waterfiends on the first level for mangled bones instead. You'll have to fight a barbarian after lighting the pyreship.

hzvjpwS.gif

oh i didnt know bout the mangled bones :roll: .... thanks guys u just saved me a lot of time, effort, and money lol.

ok well i guess ill make quick work of killing one mith drag and get some mangled bones and ill be done with my diary.

thanks everyone :thumbsup:

De_Toke.png
max.png