Fire Wave + Clay robes = High alching yews?

fenrir321

Finally, I had reached 80 range and done 60 slayer tasks. The only skill I had not lvl 60 was my construction at lvl 58. I wanted to get at least 86 mage so I wouldn't have to pot to cast smoke barrage in stealing creation. Then...I almost felt faint. "No..." I said, "Not all that time at castle wars! ANYTHING BUT THAT!" And then I thought even harder. If I even wanted to break even at least..."NO!!!!!! NOT FLETCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I refused to do alching. Therefore, I procrastinated like always and messed around in barbarian assault. I just love hitting those noobish penance with firewave \' . But that's beside the point. It suddenly hit me.

42.5 exp for casting fire wave + 4 exp (with robes) for every damage point. The average is 10, so +40 exp. Gasp! 82.5 exp per cast! I went on the g.e. page on the runescape homepage and looked up nats, bloods, and fires.

Total cost for casting high alchemy: 275gp

Total cost for casting fire wave with an air staff: 338

"Dang," I said to myself. then I saw those 1.3k bloods in my bank all from slaying and barrows. "Why not?" Next thing I know, I'm fire waving harpie bug swarms as my next task from Chaeldar with 300 bloods.

After I ran out, I teled to lumbridge and did a price check on my loot:

23,335 gp

After a bit of math, I figured out that for fire wave to match high alching in exp per gp, I would have to collect 52k per each 300 (or 13k for every 100 casts) to balance out. It would have to be something with about 40 hp that would drop anywhere between 260gp and 1,000 gp each kill (including small drops and loot.)

Noe, that rate doesn't necessarily mean I get ~600 gp every time. It means that after killing 100 monsters, I get a drop worth 60k in one or two of them.

I don't monster kill a variety of monsters (I just stick to dusties) so I don't know if there a monster such as that.

So I ask the members of tipit,

is there such a monster?

Because if there is, then that monster gives better mage exp than high alching with bought yew longs and nats.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Clay robes aren't worth using; it takes too long to get them and gives slower XP in the long run.

Avansies are best, but high alch is a LOT faster XP.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Clay robes aren't worth using; it takes too long to get them and gives slower XP in the long run.

Well, I already have 400 points and 3 sets fully charged. So, spending time charging them after my points run dry may be a a waste of time, until that point it would be foolish to not use the armor at all because of the 2x exp.

Fire wave avis for free mage xp.

Avis?

You mean avansies?

How is that free?

The only free exp on a regular basis is tears of guthix, but free exp is not the same as efficient "good" experience.

He means that you enough loot from killing avianses to pay for the runes you use.

2imak3l.png

cf1d8043e1.png

Avis?

You mean avansies?

How is that free?

The only free exp on a regular basis is tears of guthix, but free exp is not the same as efficient "good" experience.

Uhh. I mean in the way that the drops pay for the runes, don't tell me that you are loosing money because you "could" be earning 300k per hour :wall:

Oh tears isn't free, the time you spend doing it you could be earning money so really it costs like 100k ¬¬

Well, I already have 400 points and 3 sets fully charged. So, spending time charging them after my points run dry may be a a waste of time, until that point it would be foolish to not use the armor at all because of the 2x exp.

Then you should use the 3 sets and not waste the rest of your points. Avansies are still the best.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Then you should use the 3 sets and not waste the rest of your points. Avansies are still the best.

On what lol? If armor is a waste, then what clay items are not?

Avis?

You mean avansies?

How is that free?

Uhh. I mean in the way that the drops pay for the runes, don't tell me that you are loosing money because you "could" be earning 300k per hour :wall:

Oh tears isn't free, the time you spend doing it you could be earning money so really it costs like 100k ¬¬

"Free" hints that it takes nothing to put into the method i.e. FoG

It would obviously take money to buy the runes. So instead of saying avansies are free exp, say that the cost is negligible because of the rewards.

And since we're all playing a computer game, you could say that we could be working irl and be getting $7 an hour of REAL money and not 300k of fictional money.

On what lol? If armor is a waste, then what clay items are not?

Smithing and Construction.

DeviledEgg24.png

Well, cave slimes have around 20 hp(not exactly sure) and have a 100% drop of a few swamp tars(around 2-8 each drop I think), so that might fit your needs, otherwise I'd say that the others posters are right.

deathfish64.png

The quest points in the stat pic above this message is wrong, disregard it.

Rejoice.jpg

Yeah, everyone loves me!

Moved to Help & Advice.

Please ask all RuneScape related questions here. :)

Laikrob,

Tip.It Moderator

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Moved to Help & Advice.

Please ask all RuneScape related questions here. :)

Laikrob,

Tip.It Moderator

Poor Laikrob. I reported and had him move 3 posts from H&A to General Discussion in under 5 minutes :lol:

Basically, Alching > Avansies, but Avansies are far and away your best choice for fire wave.

DeviledEgg24.png