Runescape content going more and more downhill

Lode

The style of runescape is really going down hill. Jagex is more and more targetting the 6 year old audience and making it look retarted for other players.

The best content of Runescape is still the whole free world. The dragon quest was extremely well designed. Varrock is still the best designed city, with the sewers below it, the museum, the banks, the city walls, ...

F2P has the items that fit perfectly together, they have the same style and belong to the same time era. You've the axes, swords, logs, fish, etc...

All of the F2P cities were useful.

Then came P2P and when P2P was just released it was still going pretty good: Taverley and Catherby were normal cities, the herblore skill was useful and not bizarre, and the early P2P quests were of the same style as the F2P ones (because the bizarre races weren't there yet). Ardougne startd off pretty well too, and Yanille too.

But then it started going downhill pretty fast. All of the new areas and cities that were released, were hard to reach, useless except for a quest, and so they don't add much to the RS world. There came bizarre races like the gnomes with their flying machines and cocktail bars, the ogre village that you never visit except during one quest, the desert with it's annoying shantey disclaimers, the many hard to reach places that have no teleport spell and are useless too. You know, in f2p all places are useful and are easy to reach, but none of the new p2p places are places where you want to stay long (e.g. the desert) because you can only do one thing there and they're hard to reach or annoying, and have no bank, etc...

Runecrafting wasn't made in the spirit of the old f2p days either, with the weird teleport and altar thing and the fact that you can do it only at one place. It should have been more like the crafting skill, where you collect ingredients needed for runecrafting and can do it anywhere you want then.

And now they released a thing that looks like a bazooka and shoots frogs. Oh yeah, a frog shooting bazooka. What a perfect style, witness of a good taste, what a well thought design, and oh so useful. I have nothing against some originality, but this is just plain weird. Perfect for 6 year olds. Ribbib! Ribbit!

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

Well, I do hate the fact that there are so many areas with no teles to (Trollheim, Gnome Tree, Relleka (cmon seriously a shark?! no way!) Keldagrim, Shantay desert (I mean 3 cities Pollvineach, Sophanem, Menphos?! Take a hint Jagex!- And im sick of going through a stupid disclaimer crap to get in shantay desert thats SO ANNOYING!)

But RC is fine, I think its reasonable.

I DEFINITELY agree on frog bazookas, :roll: you know that can give the little kids playing this game ideas.....

I detest it as much as you. However, you do need to see the business aspect of it. By making the game appeal to more teeny boppers and pre-hormonals, you're going to get a larger audience (namely the mini clippers). More players = more members (either through them or the people who'd pay to avoid them) and Bob's your cat; a successful marketing ploy.

The frog cannon is ridiculous.

But then it started going downhill pretty fast. All of the new areas and cities that were released, were hard to reach, useless except for a quest, and so they don't add much to the RS world. There came bizarre races like the gnomes with their flying machines and cocktail bars, the ogre village that you never visit except during one quest, the desert with it's annoying shantey disclaimers, the many hard to reach places that have no teleport spell and are useless too. You know, in f2p all places are useful and are easy to reach, but none of the new p2p places are places where you want to stay long (e.g. the desert) because you can only do one thing there and they're hard to reach or annoying, and have no bank, etc...

oh no, you actually have to walk somewhere? what is this devilry!

just because they put in things that are meant to be humorous doesn't mean it's for little kids. hell, i thought shooting the frogs was kinda funny

I have to say that agree with Troll, despite some new areas being goofy. I haven't come across the Frog Bazooka, yet :)

It's exaggerating a bit, I feel, to say there's only one thing to do in the newer cites. In the Gnome area, for example, you can train agility, cooking (bar and restaurant in the tree), fletching and wc (flax, magic trees), and, my fave, pickpocketing. There are others, I'm sure. Also, I think all of these cities will get more complex in time, providing a greater variety of things to do. I'd rather they start the new areas sooner than work on them for a year before releasing them.

lpinkus

Well, I do hate the fact that there are so many areas with no teles to (Trollheim, Gnome Tree, Relleka.

Trollheim has a magic teleport, and gnome tree has the glider you can take from a lumbridge telly->>walk to al kharid glider->>I can be in gnome city in under 30 seconds if I need to get there. The new elf city is best city update in a long time and has a teleport.

Well, I do hate the fact that there are so many areas with no teles to (Trollheim, Gnome Tree, Relleka.

Trollheim has a magic teleport, and gnome tree has the glider you can take from a lumbridge telly->>walk to al kharid glider->>I can be in gnome city in under 30 seconds if I need to get there. The new elf city is best city update in a long time and has a teleport.

Not to mention that Relekka DOES have a teleport available after doing the Fremminik Trials.

This to me just seems like a futile attempt at pointing out that "bad sides" of Runescape without looking at all the positive updates Jagex has been introducing.

Yes, I'll agree the frog bazooka is entirely unnecessary, but everything else you complained about is fine.

Oh, and by the way: Varrock isn't the best designed city, it's just the most popular due to trade. Personally, I find Ardougne, the entire Shantay Pass Desert, and the entire enormity of Mortanyia to be QUITE well designed...much more in depth than Varrock.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Oh, and by the way: Varrock isn't the best designed city, it's just the most popular due to trade. Personally, I find Ardougne, the entire Shantay Pass Desert, and the entire enormity of Mortanyia to be QUITE well designed...much more in depth than Varrock.

Go Ardougne! My fave. I suppose I'd be a citizen there given the choice.

lpinkus

Go Ardougne! My fave. I suppose I'd be a citizen there given the choice.

lpinkus

Hehe...yes, it is pretty nifty. The only setback would be the fact that soon enough it will most likely be the breeding ground for all things chaotic and unholy. :wink:

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Jagex are not done. Everyone said mort myer was useless..i go there now and there is ALWAYS people around - they just can't realise everything at once..so they add to areas a small amount at a time. I agree the quests suck though..no longer fun...just boring annoying walks.

I'm f2p myself but I'm sure those updates do have practical uses such as training as Ipinkus stated. Yes I agree the frog bazooka thing is absolutely ridiculous, I mean come on you're using live ammunition!!!!

Domovoi123-Level 80 f2p

Noxious 0ne-Level 46 f2p

Well, I do hate the fact that there are so many areas with no teles to (Trollheim, Gnome Tree, Relleka (cmon seriously a shark?! no way!) Keldagrim

Trollheim - Trollheim Teleport Level 61 magic

Gnome Tree - Gnome Glider, can use Ring of Dueling to teleport to Duel Arena, then walk few feet to Al'Kharid glider.

Relleka - They improved the telports now

Keldagrim - You can take minecarts from the Dwarven Mines and White Wolf Mountain