Dragon Claws

compfreak847

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Dragon claws are overpowered. They need to be nerfed, in one way or another.

Now, to set aside flames:

#1, I own a pair of dragon claws

#2, I have spent many dozens of hours testing them

#3, I have gotten dozens of kills in PVP with them

#4, I have lost full void in PVP from them

Let me put it this way. I went to PVP last night, didn't have much potential so I was mostly getting junk for drops. I stood underneath one of the wind striking people near the GE, and waited for levels 107-110 to come by. I super setted every 5 minutes with Sara Brews, and prayed melee any time someone my level came near with claws. I would run out and spec anyone near the lower end of my level range. Results? KOs about 70% of the time. A perfect example of how it went was a level 108 I attacked, unskulled with full DH. He wandered near me, having no clue I was there (I was hidden by some level 80 wind striking). I jumped out and specced him; first hit was a 38-19-10-10; 77 damage in 1 hit. He had 83 HP total; my next spec easily 1 hit him with a 6. He never had a chance; he was standing there, not expecting it, and in under 2 seconds he was dead before he could tele, pray, or put protect item on. He came back and flamed me like crazy; he lost his helm because he never had time to even switch to the prayer tab, and he wasn't expecting anything with only wind strikers near him.

D claws need to be nerfed somehow; perhaps the spec could be made like rune claws, slow as an AGS? That would keep it good for a 1 hit KO as it is often used, but not as a weapon to take down a player in 2 seconds. My max with them is 86; at 83-85 HP, level 107-110 players just don't stand a chance. It's not fair to them. I got 3 DH sets, several defenders, and 3 torsos in under an hour of clawing, with 0 risk and ~30k cost.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

If its nerfed i want it to get better at attacking with non special attacks.

It'll never beat a whip, it won't matter how good they make it...

Plus, it's pretty good right now. One of the (skulled) DHers was almost red barred when the 2nd spec missed; he put on protect from melee and I hit 8 on him. Bye bye DH, whip, and defender <3:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Yea, i think the biggest problem with d claws is they can spec 2 times in quick succession, the only other weapon which can do that is DDS, which is horridly inaccurate.

Plus, with the dagger, it's two attacks per spec. I'm sure in between each you can do something. Claws are four attacks in one special... There would be no time to recover from that.

They are extremely overpowered but pretty useless without their spec. I don't see why you want them nerfed.

I want the spec nerfed, not them :P

DeviledEgg24.png

Dont forget you have got 99 Attack and Strength as apposed to others.

onto the main subject: I think the main issue isn't just the damage ratio in a spec attack, but the time between specials, if anything throwing a 5 second delay for the claws between specials would solve it, not only would your opponent have a chance to notice you, but you still have enough time to kill them.

Popoto.~<3

onto the main subject: I think the main issue isn't just the damage ratio in a spec attack, but the time between specials, if anything throwing a 5 second delay for the claws between specials would solve it, not only would your opponent have a chance to notice you, but you still have enough time to kill them.

This would work.

This would work.

Yeah, that's what I suggested; a delay would keep its 'ko during a fight' potential alive, but ruin the '2spec1hit' deal we have going on right now.

DeviledEgg24.png

This would work.

Yeah, that's what I suggested; a delay would keep its 'ko during a fight' potential alive, but ruin the '2spec1hit' deal we have going on right now.

Did you really have to do this? <.<

Game_Proffy.png

Its quite east to say "Nerf 'em!" right here, but if it is done, we will see one of the worst market crashes ever seen. And you know how it will go. 1k+ rants everyday, posts of players who had been playing for 7-8 years saying they quit because they lost 30m+. The usual drama.

Also, I've faced lots and lots of problems from these. PJing seems to be the only thing every person does. Honestly, you always have 2-3 PJers waiting for you whenever you engage in a duel.

I think the problem can be solved -

a) Dragon Claws should have a set limit. Example, you must have 4 armour parts worth more than 50k each. Atleast some of the 1 iteming and people with poor gear who PJ can be thrown out.

B) Even after 3 months, Dragon Claws have seen no big update. I think that was how the special was intended. Anyway, they bring some respect back to the Dragon weapon series, so I guess everyone will be waiting for Dragon Warhammer and Dragon sword/short sword even more eagerly ;)

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

Its quite east to say "Nerf 'em!" right here, but if it is done, we will see one of the worst market crashes ever seen. And you know how it will go. 1k+ rants everyday, posts of players who had been playing for 7-8 years saying they quit because they lost 30m+. The usual drama.

So what? I bought my claws a week ago for 77m. I really wouldn't care if they crashed, I'd sell it and move on. It'd make PKing a whole lot better - right now, you basically have to hope there's no d claws around when your opponent teles or eats twice while your at mid to low HP in DH.

DeviledEgg24.png

When the D Claws first came out, I studied their amount of damage, and it comes around to the first hit (regardless of whether or not it hits) being the deciding factor of each hit thereof. This basically means if you roll a high number, like 41, then you're bound to virtually KO anything you touch.

Since the D Claws suck outright without their special, reduce the special ability to three swipes instead of four, and reduce the amount of damage that can be done. This thing can hit over a Godsword, for the love of God...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Level 110s with 85 hp shouldn't be pking in the first place.

Level 80's-90's with 99 strength and craphouse defence/hp shouldn't either but were not opressing it are we?

Lord_Shalaj, remember they were the one's who payed 100m+ fully knowing they would drop eventully but they decided to jump the gun and go for it.

Makoto_the_Phoenix, good point. Theres a "Reason" its called a Godsword, not a "D-Claws-Own-The-Godsword Godsword." :|

Popoto.~<3

Level 80's-90's with 99 strength and craphouse defence/hp shouldn't either but were not opressing it are we?

Lord_Shalaj, remember they were the one's who payed 100m+ fully knowing they would drop eventully but they decided to jump the gun and go for it.

Makoto_the_Phoenix, good point. Theres a "Reason" its called a Godsword, not a "D-Claws-Own-The-Godsword Godsword." :|

Makoto saw that on youtube.

@3hit who ever said his full hp was 85? He could be ~95 and not wanted to waste a shark trying to be max health.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Makoto saw that on youtube.

@3hit who ever said his full hp was 85? He could be ~95 and not wanted to waste a shark trying to be max health.

Full HP of one of the people I relieved of their DH helm was 83, he was level 107.

DeviledEgg24.png