Dragon Claws

compfreak847

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Level 110s with 85 hp shouldn't be pking in the first place.

Level 80's-90's with 99 strength and craphouse defence/hp shouldn't either but were not opressing it are we?

Lord_Shalaj, remember they were the one's who payed 100m+ fully knowing they would drop eventully but they decided to jump the gun and go for it.

Makoto_the_Phoenix, good point. Theres a "Reason" its called a Godsword, not a "D-Claws-Own-The-Godsword Godsword." :|

Makoto saw that on youtube.

@3hit who ever said his full hp was 85? He could be ~95 and not wanted to waste a shark trying to be max health.

I've also seen it in Castle Wars, and what difference does it make if I've seen it on Youtube?

Point of the matter is that these claws hit hard and fast, full stop. They rival the Godsword in sheer power with that special. Something must be done.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I'm a bit weary of nerfing a weapon that is only good for its special, but as someone else mentioned, a Godsword is called a Godsword for a reason. Dragon Claws should not take away from that. A lot of dragon weapons have great, useful specials, but the claws are far above and beyond the other dragon weapons. That isn't right.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I'm a bit weary of nerfing a weapon that is only good for its special, but as someone else mentioned, a Godsword is called a Godsword for a reason. Dragon Claws should not take away from that. A lot of dragon weapons have great, useful specials, but the claws are far above and beyond the other dragon weapons. That isn't right.

Sorry if I misinterpreted, but you don't want any weapon that is stronger than a Godsword coming out?

---

Also, just because a few people went crazy and bought the claws for 80m+, it in no way means you make other people face the consequences who mostly got them as a drop. Nerfing them would be a very bad thing, mind you. If there was a time to update them, it was 2-3 weeks after their release. I don't think you'll see any change after 3 months.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

Level 110s with 85 hp shouldn't be pking in the first place.

Level 80's-90's with 99 strength and craphouse defence/hp shouldn't either but were not opressing it are we?

What do you mean by craphouse?

I'd assume you mean bad from you talking about defence but pures have high hp levels.

And I haven't seen many level 80's-90's with 99 str and great defence/hitpoints.

Zerker_jane.png

Sorry if I misinterpreted, but you don't want any weapon that is stronger than a Godsword coming out?

---

Also, just because a few people went crazy and bought the claws for 80m+, it in no way means you make other people face the consequences who mostly got them as a drop. Nerfing them would be a very bad thing, mind you. If there was a time to update them, it was 2-3 weeks after their release. I don't think you'll see any change after 3 months.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

You're right. We do play Runescape, after all. We can never expect things to stay the same. I suppose my point then is that Dragon Claws are much better than any other Dragon weapon, and I don't think that's right. I highly doubt they'll actually nerf the claws.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

---

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

Isn't that what was said about Pest Control...? That's another topic for another day, though.

At my Strength level (97), and at level 99, with the highest amount of Strength bonus equipment (incl. prayers), my maximum hit is 40. Of course, with the special, I could hit probably double that.

Compare that with the Godsword, which at my level of Strength and at 99, I can hit either 58 or 59. Only the AGS's special allows me to go above 70 (technically 71).

Do you see a problem? A weapon that is level 60 can outclass a Godsword with a couple of lucky special hits. I really do think something must be done, and a fix to it sooner than later would be best.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

---

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

Isn't that what was said about Pest Control...? That's another topic for another day, though.

At my Strength level (97), and at level 99, with the highest amount of Strength bonus equipment (incl. prayers), my maximum hit is 40. Of course, with the special, I could hit probably double that.

Compare that with the Godsword, which at my level of Strength and at 99, I can hit either 58 or 59. Only the AGS's special allows me to go above 70 (technically 71).

Do you see a problem? A weapon that is level 60 can outclass a Godsword with a couple of lucky special hits. I really do think something must be done, and a fix to it sooner than later would be best.

Indeed, they did update Pest Control, only because the change wouldn't affect some a great number of people in a big way. I mean yes, it would change the minigame, but the only people who would have lost something would be the ones who had upto 250 points and were looking to get some experience for them. They lost a bit of experience that way. A very small effect.

On the other hand, Dragon Claws, if nerfed, would cause people to lose millions...upto 20m+. You know, 20m is never easy to earn.

---

Well I don't see a big deal with something that outclasses a Godsword. And anyway, those high hits which we are talking about come only at every 5 minutes (or 2.5 minutes each), whereas the hits from Godsword have no limit at all. And whats wrong if Dragon Claws bring some more respect to the dragon weaponry series? Right after DFH, I expected none of the Dragon weapons/armour that were left to be released as anything worth for training/PvM. Dragon Claws were a nice surprise.

About the hits, a certain weapon at 70 attack, when combined with a few more items and a special HP condition, hits consistently high, even higher than an AGS at times (non-spec). Yes, it's Dharok's Greataxe.

And hey, you cannot keep avoiding the inevitable that sometime, in the near future, you WILL get a better weapon than a godsword. It may degrade over time, I have no idea.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

We are talking about specials, NOT regular weapons. Whip + defender > AGS or D claws for non spec hits. So it doesn't matter in the slightest how godsword does as a regular weapon. What DOES matter is that d claws beats it in every way for specials.

And who cares if people lose money because of a nerf? People lose money every time items drop. I own a pair, and I'm the one advocating a nerf.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks