slayer.

sliferking1

ok im wondering what i should do. im wanting to get a 99 in att or def. but idk which one to get. im going to do slayer to get this because i heard it was the best way by far. besides that armored zombies with the salve ammy. but i dont want to do that quest :)

so im wondering with my setup:

verac's brassard

black mask

abby whip

ring of wealth

dragon plateskirt

dragon boots

amulet of glory

is this an ok setup or do i need to change anything and what would be the best slayer master to go to. besides the one with 100 cb requirement.

thanks guys.

slifer_king1.png

Slayer is by no means the most profitable or fastest way to get your combat skills up, but it's a very useful skill to have. The setup seems fine, but it will change depending on what monsters you fight. I might suggest that you first go for smaller goals as opposed to aiming straight for 99. Additionally, I see no reason why you shouldn't train all three melee skills together. If you could do Smoking Kills it would help with your slayer, particularly with getting the Slayer Helm.

Cool.

yes i have done smoking kills. and im currently trying my best to get points at all. but i keep getting these impossible tasks and haveing to change them lol. but im not aiming for a 99 altogether but i am aiming for definatley a higher att/def lvl

slifer_king1.png

You'll probably want something in that shield slot and cape slot, oh and glove slot too.

Fill it up with a rune defender/obby shield, skill cape/obby cape/fire cape/zammy cape, and your best rfd/fog gloves.

Dump the brassy and d skirt. Buy yourself a dh body and torags legs. That's work much MUCH better for you, esp. since you are slaying.

Also, get yourself Proselyte. On the tasks which are not that challenging (eg. basilisks) when you don't need the extra defense, the Proselyte is great for keeping your prayer up.

Which brings me to my next point, remember to pray and super set every task to get the most out of it.

Also, make sure you have an anti-d shield for the dragon tasks and any other slayer equipment you may need, such as a leaf-bladed sword, witchwood icon, or rock hammer.

Oh yes, don't forget your familiar. Bunyip if you have one, Void Spinner if not. If you don't have either or you don't need the Spinner, use a fighting familiar/beast of burden.

Besides that, you're pretty much good to go. If you can afford it, there are two other things that can only help you: bandos and cannon.

Happy slaying!

if only you could read a siggy :P lol.

and im like completley broke lol. i have an obby shield and a spottier cape. in those slots you mentiond i only have about 400k left so spend on anything else i might need :P

slifer_king1.png

if only you could read a siggy :P lol.

and im like completley broke lol. i have an obby shield and a spottier cape. in those slots you mentiond i only have about 400k left so spend on anything else i might need :P

Not sure what you mean with that first statement. I recommended the standard gear. I understand you may not have all the level requirements, but it's common sense what the next best alternate is (some of them I even provided).

In that case you want to farm herbs. Ok so your farming isn't ranked. Big deal, after 32 (? Is it? Whenever ranarrs are) you can make 80k in 5 minutes of work. Do that for a bit while you are slaying and your money problems will be solved in no time.

Until then, go economical. Since you only have 400k, you should keep the d skirt, but definitely dump the brassy. Still try to get Prossy, since it is only 20k or so, and it can help tons if you pray a task.

ok what are u talking about when u say "dump the brassy"? im lost on that one :P

and idk where to even start on farming.

Get rid of varacs brassard and buy another top, either torags or dharoks. Just farm the best thing you can at your level. marigolds are decent profit at low levels.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

I think i can help a bit... do chaeldar who's in that lost city place... to get the points till slayer helm.. then after that go to sumona the 2nd highest slayer master ;) well that's if you want.... but you may get irons -.- unless you like to melee them... with chaeldar... you should get bronzes... which at first i hated until i found the right setup... well atm but i already forgot i'll try to remember my best... i think your setup is okay... depending if you have the money to repair...

"It's better to let people assume that you're an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it beyond all doubt"

~Mark Twain

Purex213.png

Click to view my blogeh and leave a message over there while your at it :twss:

Help me find a good world to sell things on runescape! :twss:

verac's brassard - Guthans plate

black mask - slayer helm when you can

abby whip

ring of wealth - berserker or warrior.

dragon plateskirt - Guthans skirt

dragon boots

amulet of glory - fury

is this an ok setup or do i need to change anything

See suggestions. Full Guthan's is very usful, even with 68 summoning and the armour itself is more than adequate for defence. It is beaten by a Torag/Dharok combo but only just, and using guthans as standard saves 2 spaces in your inventory. Plus you already have 2 parts when you do want to buy the spear/helm. Ring wise, Berserker may or may not raise your max hit dependant on various things, and at it's current price isn't worth it. Warrior makes your slash attacks more accurate, great if you use a whip. A Fury is a must. Well worth the 3 mil. Only other suggestion is to get a rune defender. These are free but you have to do the Warriors Guild minigame thing.

and what would be the best slayer master to go to. besides the one with 100 cb requirement.

Sumona

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

ok what are u talking about when u say "dump the brassy"? im lost on that one :P

and idk where to even start on farming.

Get rid of varacs brassard and buy another top, either torags or dharoks. Just farm the best thing you can at your level. marigolds are decent profit at low levels.

+1 on everything he says. The brassy is pathetic compared to the other barrows bodies.

abby whip

dragon boots

amulet of glory - fury

See suggestions. Full Guthan's is very usful, even with 68 summoning and the armour itself is more than adequate for defence. It is beaten by a Torag/Dharok combo but only just, and using guthans as standard saves 2 spaces in your inventory. Plus you already have 2 parts when you do want to buy the spear/helm. Ring wise, Berserker may or may not raise your max hit dependant on various things, and at it's current price isn't worth it. Warrior makes your slash attacks more accurate, great if you use a whip. A Fury is a must. Well worth the 3 mil. Only other suggestion is to get a rune defender. These are free but you have to do the Warriors Guild minigame thing.

and what would be the best slayer master to go to. besides the one with 100 cb requirement.

Sumona

as always compfreak u amaze me. lol. thanks

slifer_king1.png

abby whip

dragon boots

amulet of glory - fury

Sumona

as always compfreak u amaze me. lol. thanks

That was cat not compfreak

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.