Clue Scrolls

Now I don't know where this thread would go, so I'm sorry in advance if I did put this in the wrong section.

I have recently read the 'Evil Tree' minigame guide and found out you can get clue scrolls from this. I noticed if you follow the following link: http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=treasure_trails.htm

Then look under the 'basics' section It will say:

There are also a couple of other ways you can get clue scrolls. These ways can sometimes be more fun, because when you DO get a clue scroll, it's always a nice surprise. Pickpocketing H.A.M. Members will often get you a level 1 clue, and if you're brave enough to venture into the Zogre Cavern West of Gu'Tanoth, it's possible to get a key from one of the monsters that inhabit these dim caves. Use the key on the coffins in the area, and maybe, you just might find....a clue scroll! If you're not up to the task of killing the nearby monsters, try thieving the coffins instead. You can occasionally find level 1 clues this way as well.

You can also get clue scrolls from Shade Chests. The kind of chest will determine which level clue scroll you can get, but in general, the higher the shade, the higher the clue level. For example, you may get a level 1 clue scroll from a chest requiring a brown key. But, if you have a silver key, you may end up getting a level 3 clue scroll. Here's a list of shade chests and the level of clue scroll you can get from each:

Bronze chests - level 1

Steel chests - level 1 and level 2

Black chests - level 2

Silver chests - level 3

Refer to our Splitbark Armour Guide for more information on burning shades, getting keys and accessing shade chests.

So I was thinking why not add The Evil Tree? to this section, So people know that you can recieve clue scrolls from the Evil Tree Minigame. Because the 'Basics' section explains about Shade chests, Pickpocketing Ham Members, Killing Monsters & Thieving The Coffins (Zogre)

I know this isn't really a main point, but I would like to see the 'Evil Tree' bit added to this section.

Thanks for your time,when reading this thread :)

Pixie_V_Lott.png

Pixie_V_Lott.png

It's also reported that you can get them from caskets while fishing or from Managing Thy Kingdom.

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be an all-inclusive list or not. It very well could be...or maybe just to point out that there are ways other than combat to get clue scrolls. They do a great job of monitoring these forums, so I'm sure they'll get to it and answer it eventually. Good catch!

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

it's a good comment lood. I'm not sure about the evil tree myself (cos I haven't gotten one yet), but the other ways to get clues deserve a list given the excessive detail already given, so certainly casket fishing and manage thy kingdom deserve a citation.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Yeah I see your point, forgot about things such as:

Manage Thy Kingdom

Big Net Fishing (Caskets)

Trouble Brewing (Minigame) You can buy the clue scrolls (2) of one of the NPCs

Pixie_V_Lott.png

Pixie_V_Lott.png

Trouble Brewing (Minigame) You can buy the clue scrolls (2) of one of the NPCs

Now THAT I did not know! REALLY? Wow!

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

if this was the case for the 'Treasure Trail' guide to be updated then the Clue scroll on the database would need updating with the correct information

One question: I know i'm going off the point, but how do you get those pictures of your stats and stuff? Like the person before me has

Pixie_V_Lott.png

Pixie_V_Lott.png

if this was the case for the 'Treasure Trail' guide to be updated then the Clue scroll on the database would need updating with the correct information

One question: I know i'm going off the point, but how do you get those pictures of your stats and stuff? Like the person before me has

I made that myself, the Stat Sigs are a bit different ;)

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Why'd you upload it to imageshack? Just use the code on the website.

[stats]1/2/86/277/Lood333[/stats]

[stats]g2/11/76/Lood333[/stats]

Lood333.png

Lood333.png

Also, locking this topic. I'll be adding the other places to find clue scrolls to the guide - it should be up on the site soon. :)

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog