Tip.It Times: 22 Mar 2009

n_odie

"Especially in the United States, there have been very little of such restrictions, and the disaster this has led to is pretty obvious."

I suggest you research the current situation a bit more before making claims like the above quote.

We are not, by any means, in our current situation because of "no restrictions on trades." Also, even to suggest that there are no restrictions on trades is ridiculous. Sherman Act, anyone? We are in this current situation because of greed....greed from both lenders and borrowers. People borrowing loans they couldn't possibly repay, and the banks allowing them. Banks then putting the funds into (extremely) risky investments, etc.

I am not going to go deep into our current situation, as this is not the place for it. However, I urge you to not make claims based on water-cooler ideas.

Uh, isn't that exactly what he's saying? banks/lenders doing things they shouldn't? lol

Actually, at least with the Housing Industry, it was caused by doing what the LAW said they should. I.e. giving loans to people who shouldn't get loans and giving larger loans than people can afford.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Actually, at least with the Housing Industry, it was caused by doing what the LAW said they should. I.e. giving loans to people who shouldn't get loans and giving larger loans than people can afford.

Gosh, I wish that's all that happened. If it was, the recession would've been completely contained in the subprime housing market. There's a reason why banks were handing out risky loans: they were selling them out the back door to private investors. THIS is where they stepped outside of the law. The private investors weren't regulated. The investors chopped up all the bad loans, mixed a few good loans in, bundled them all up, and AIG insured them and gave them the best rating. Then they sold them around the world. The banks that bought up these mortgage-backed securities are afraid to lend anymore credit, because they're not even sure what's on these assets anymore (i.e. toxic assets), therefore they don't even know what their balance sheets look like.

I know it's drifting off-topic. Sorry.

rssig2.png

"I like my complainers like I like my soda Classic, and gassy."

I'll agree that complainers can get on your nerves after a while. But you know what's worse? People who complain about the complainers.

Jagex has made some pretty boneheaded decisions in the past, and rightly deserves to be taken to task for them. Once in a while they'll even admit that they were wrong and change their position just because people "complained".

It is now very easy for me to draw a parallel between the way the GE restricts (regulates) price fluctuations, and the real world economy. Especially in the United States, there have been very little of such restrictions, and the disaster this has led to is pretty obvious.

I know that it's very popular to bust on the United States, but this is just ridiculous. I'll place the economy of the United States (even in its current condition) over ANY country that has strict restrictions on its economy. It's really a no-brainer that more restriction does way more to kill an economy than more freedom.