Punk!

gago

Yet you might call old green day and Misfits punk... THINK ABOUT THEM.

The Misfits have the same exact musical structure as any other punk band. Are they not punk just because they talk about horror movies instead of the government? This is why genres are [developmentally delayed]ed.

Are you talking about me? I said that I hate lyrics that are meaningless crap, like "I love you blah blah blah", which so many songs have.

No, that wasn't what you said. But whatever.

That's exactly what he said...

But meh, I love it. And I have to disagree with you, I love the political lyrics in punk, and I hate stupid lyrics about love and all that other meaningless (imo) crap.

Plus I agree with him. Some love songs are okay but the majority of them are just easy marketing tools which I despise. Like he said, I enjoy music that makes you think.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say The Fall of Troy is screamo.

That fits. :lol:

I just hate calling music screamo because then (almost) everybody (in real life) goes OMFG WHY YOU LISTEN TO EMO MUSIC!

Yeah, it's a shame because some screamo is absolutely great. I don't know many people into music IRL though so they'd probably just be all "hey, this sounds pretty cool / nah, don't like this."

Contributing to the Fall of Troy discussion, they are math rock.
They sound too Mars Volta-ish to actually qualify as math rock, in my opinion. Wikipedia lists them as it, but they also have Meshuggah on the same list. Go figure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNqm5cH760A And I don't really think they sound like that.

Turns out I hate regular punk, who knew?

That being said, who wants to recommend me some post-hardcore or some other form of hardcore?

Jacobi Witchata (Can't remember spelling) unearth

My pure's stats:

str:70

attc:35

def:4

range:72

mage:70

hp:70

That being said, who wants to recommend me some post-hardcore or some other form of hardcore?

Heres the spelling, its part of their address

jacobiwichita

Saw them on a new years eve!

My pure's stats:

Everyone here should check out ??? (Midori). They play noise rock/hardcore punk with a strong jazz influence. They have two albums, ????? (Second) and ????????????????????? (Aratame mashi-te, hajime mashi-te, Midori desu.).

Edit: bloody censor

Everyone here should check out ??? (Midori). They play noise rock/hardcore punk with a strong jazz influence. They have two albums, ????? (Second) and ????????????????????? (Aratame mashi-te, hajime mashi-te, Midori desu.).

Edit: bloody censor

Sorry if this is racist, Are they from japan? a friend only listens to Japanese music (trying to bribe him to listen to Dir En Grey?)

My pure's stats:

Smartbomb, they are good regular punk

My pure's stats:

a couple new post hardcore bands that seem really promissing to me are Four year strong and Set your goals.

FYS has some pretty hardcore guitar thrown in with some pop-like vocals. theyre a good listen.

its a pretty sick video too, thats what i call crowd interaction.

Look its rob!