Avansie Tanking Setup, need advice for top

uninamer4

well i started killing avansies the other day, and i feel comfortable enough with them now to tank them, i started getting a setup together but am not sure what to use for a top,

4-1-2009-6-29-50-PM.png

Torag helm and legs

rune c bow, broad bolts (mith in pic)

sara vambs

zammy book (empty)

dragon boots

wealth

ava device

and armydal pendant

In the pic im wearing a sara top, should i just wear black d hide top?

edit: also should i use the bone to peaches tabs?

Yes, yes. Use snakeskin boots, as dragon doesn't give any range defense. Use addy bolts and a defensive shield like granite. Also bring p pots for 10% range.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

I have no idea how you could range in that, practically no range bonus at all. Definitely change the top for black dragonhide (or blessed top and switch out zammy book for a granite\obby sheild). By the way depending where you kill them you probably won't need the saradomin protection so you can use highest rfd gloves.

Also bones to peaches are probably the best way of healing.

randomkcopyq.png

i cant afford the zammy d hide yet so wats my best bet?

edit: and should i use a prayer pot or a range pot?

Your current setup with black d'hide top and Verac's skirt instead or Torag's (for prayer bonus).

Use both.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Bring like two range pots and seven or eight prayer potions. That'll only last around 80-90 minutes so don't expect long trips while potting/praying the whole time.

Any chance you can post a budget and your stats?

If you've got some money left there are a few better things you can do. I would personally switch the legs and shield for zammy legs and granite shield. As you get almost the same range defense, but with 8 more range attack bonus.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

really? isnt it supposed to boost that?

Addy Bars aren't a rare drop, so when wearing the RoW you'd get more rune daggers and limbs then you would bars. And sicne you're hear for the bars and not daggers/limbs you shouldnt wear a RoW.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

ah wow never thought of it like that.. lol wondered why i wasnt getting many bars, wat ring should i wear?

Archer ring > nothing (could use lumby diary ring for free low alchemy or something, but I never use it.)

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif