Runescape problems

Evaluate

So I built this new machine because my other one was getting old and I needed something faster. After several hours of downloading and such, I finally got everything set up, or so I thought. I went to play some Runescape to relax, but when I clicked the Member's login button, it said I needed java. Ok, no biggie, I'll get java. So I installed that, went and tried again, and this time all I get is a big black screen. I restarted my computer and tried re-installing java, neither worked. I checked if it was enabled, which it was, and now I'm at a loss for what to do. Is it because I'm running 64-bit Vista? My friend told me that's why, but he had no idea how to make it work. Help please?

EDIT: Found out RS will run on IE, but not on Firefox. Reasons/solutions?

7 years 'scape knowledge and counting

m8pu02.png

99 Attack - June 8th 2010 99 Defence - August 2nd 2011 99 HP - December 2nd 2011

Update your graphics drivers. For some reason it did the same for me on Windows 7 until I installed new drivers for my Geforce 9800GT on there. I know they're not the same, but still, worth the try.

Else, I don't know what may be causing this right now.

I tried getting new driver for it, and that doesn't seem to have worked. Any other ideas?

What do you mean by "it hasn't worked"? The game, or the graphics card driver?

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

You did get 64 bit versions of the drivers, java, etc right?

Also, have you got any firewalls that could be blocking RuneScape? It's just a thought.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

What do you mean by "it hasn't worked"? The game, or the graphics card driver?

I meant Runescape still hasn't work. My driver is up to date.

You did get 64 bit versions of the drivers, java, etc right?

Also, have you got any firewalls that could be blocking RuneScape? It's just a thought.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I got the 64 bit versions of all that, and I don't think my firewall is blocking it.

I found out Runescape will run on IE, but not on Firefox. Is there some reason for this?

m8pu02.png

99 Attack - June 8th 2010 99 Defence - August 2nd 2011 99 HP - December 2nd 2011

What have you got in the way of Firefox addons? I know some like Noscript would block RuneScape unless you tell it specifically not to. If you have any try disabling them all and re-enabling one by one until you find the bad one.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

What have you got in the way of Firefox addons? I know some like Noscript would block RuneScape unless you tell it specifically not to. If you have any try disabling them all and re-enabling one by one until you find the bad one.

I have pretty much no add-ons. The ones i have consist of:

-iTunes application Detector

-Java Platform SE 6 U13

-Java Platform SE 6 U13 DLL helper

-Mozilla Default Plugin

-Quicktime plugin 7.6

-Shockwave Flash

I tried to find a combo that works, but I always end up with either a black screen or one that says I need to enable Java.

m8pu02.png