Summoning is awful....

Nomrombom

Might not be its first language.

Given that she's been going to an english speaking school all her life, and only reading and responding to english threads, I don't think it's any great mystery.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't actually read the cheerleader post :thumbsup: . Just responding to.

Lack of basic english\grammar skills and abhorrence of anything 'intelligent' indicates difficulty with problem solving skills,

And compfreak, where do you find these [developmentally delayed]ed posts? They are funny =D.

O.O

Didn't actually read the cheerleader post :thumbsup: . Just responding to.

Lack of basic english\grammar skills and abhorrence of anything 'intelligent' indicates difficulty with problem solving skills,

And compfreak, where do you find these [developmentally delayed] posts? They are funny =D.

http://failblog.org/

Guilty pleasure...

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Then why'd you bring it up? If they want children, adopt. Very simple.

Sorry, what did I bring up exactly?

And by the way, it it is nearly impossible to adopt a child today, because all the "unwanted" children are aborted (this is a consequence of eugenics, by the way).

The person in question could just want a child who has their genes? OR they want to actually give birth to a child - something they can't do when castrated.

How is forcing someone to get an injection, remove their genitals or take a pill is invasive:

invasive:

1. Of, engaging in, or given to armed aggression: an invasive military force.

2. Marked by the tendency to spread, especially into healthy tissue: an invasive carcinoma.

3. Of or relating to a medical procedure in which a part of the body is entered, as by puncture or incision.

4. Tending to intrude or encroach, as upon privacy.

So if the medical term doesn't get you with the first two, the intruding on privacy gets you.

Forcing someone to take a test to determine their intelligence violates a right to privacy.

Forcing someone to take a pill to castrate them is a violation of a right to body.

Forcing someone to become sterile is a violation of a right to have one's own family.

There - three basic human rights that you would violate with your idea.

You have no idea - chances are likely she wouldn't anyway. Lack of basic english\grammar skills and abhorrence of anything 'intelligent' indicates difficulty with problem solving skills, along with various social problems stemming from defensiveness and irrationality.

Compfreak - YOU HAVE NO IDEA. You don't know that person, and saying that because one person posted something that wasn't logical or didn't make sense on the internet that all people should be forced to take an intelligence test, and then be subjected to castration based on their score on that test is illogical.

What if, just what if, the person posting that was being sarcastic? What if it was someone just like yourself, who hid behind the anonymity of the internet and made a stupid decision? That individual has a total of 17 posts - 14 answers, 3 questions. Could it be it's not a cheerleader?

The idea that you can cure all of man-kind by "removing undesirable traits" is a cruel and hopeless one. That idea is the driving force behind racism, bigotry, and genocide. It's a historical fact.

Even if you did manage to kill off all stupid people (because lets face it, that's the goal of this, to kill off all stupid people), you'd still be left with "relatively stupid people".

If you say "everyone with the lowest 1/3 iq should be castrated", eventually you won't have anyone left, because slowly but surely you're killing off mankind.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

How is forcing someone to get an injection, remove their genitals or take a pill is invasive:

Forcing someone to take a pill that doesn't affect their personal life or violate any rights is not invasive. It's merely encouraging natural selection.

Compfreak - YOU HAVE NO IDEA. You don't know that person, and saying that because one person posted something that wasn't logical or didn't make sense on the internet that all people should be forced to take an intelligence test, and then be subjected to castration based on their score on that test is illogical.

What if, just what if, the person posting that was being sarcastic? What if it was someone just like yourself, who hid behind the anonymity of the internet and made a stupid decision? That individual has a total of 17 posts - 14 answers, 3 questions. Could it be it's not a cheerleader?

Oh, so you know all about her? What makes you more qualified to say that then me? :roll:

The idea that you can cure all of man-kind by "removing undesirable traits" is a cruel and hopeless one. That idea is the driving force behind racism, bigotry, and genocide. It's a historical fact.

Really? 'Cause it took us from single celled amoeba to where we are now. Seems to have worked fairly well. And no, in context, the last 50 years doesn't really count as historical. In the scheme of life, it's what happened to you last second.

Even if you did manage to kill off all stupid people (because lets face it, that's the goal of this, to kill off all stupid people), you'd still be left with "relatively stupid people".

If you say "everyone with the lowest 1/3 iq should be castrated", eventually you won't have anyone left, because slowly but surely you're killing off mankind.

Nah, eventually you'd be left with a smaller group of relative geniuses, solving overpopulation, poverty and quite a few other social ills in a few generations. It's called natural selection, we humans learn to adapt and change.

DeviledEgg24.png

The methods most serious people use for getting charms is barraging various monsters such as rock lobsters. Seriously, that requires Desert Quest, a very hard quest (not compared to While Guthix Sleeps or anything, but you get the point). The longest and most time consuming part of summoning is obviously getting charms. To reach high goals such as 40's-50's, you could spend WEEKS killing monsters unless you have ice barrage.

You can always Fire Bolt them all :thumbsup: and Summoning is SUPPOSED to be hard to do, it's a hard, challenging skill.

1,401,552 Dreadfowl pouches to get 1-99. At 8 shards each, that's 11,212,416 shards. Shards at 25 gp each - 280,310,400 gp for 1 to 99 on dreadfowl pouches. Yes, for those of you mathematically challenged, that's 280.3 BILLION gp.

Yes but not everyone sticks to a level 10- Familiar most players my level are making terrorbirds.

lus, the things you can summon aren't THAT helpful. Yes, Bunyips are great, Terrorbirds, Titans, etc. But everything else? Crap.

PackYak, Stallion, Fruit Bat,Tortoise,Hydra ect: all are useful. All familiars can be usefull depending on how you use them.

Would it be better if you could just buy the charms? But the prices would obviously have to be quite high to keep everything in check, maybe having gold charms be 1-2k each. This still is horribly expensive, but at least you can make the money some other way and then buy charms instead of spending money for equipment to kill for them.

Buying everything just turns it into an expensive Fletching/Cooking/Construction skill (well, constructions always expensive) It's much more rewarding to use your own skills to get them.

Zaroterasu.png

So... I think we've ALL FORGOTTEN that THIS TOPIC is about SUMMONING. If you want to talk about the effects and morality of castration I'm sure the off topic forum will welcome you.

Anywho... if you don't like summoning, that's totally fine. However, I think you have hardly discovered the true usefulness of it. If you get charms via slayer, or even just everyday combat training, they start to add up eventually. Try it out at some higher levels, and then come back and tell us what you really think. :)

Blakdragon39.png

So... I think we've ALL FORGOTTEN that THIS TOPIC is about SUMMONING. If you want to talk about the effects and morality of castration I'm sure the off topic forum will welcome you.

Anywho... if you don't like summoning, that's totally fine. However, I think you have hardly discovered the true usefulness of it. If you get charms via slayer, or even just everyday combat training, they start to add up eventually. Try it out at some higher levels, and then come back and tell us what you really think. :)

Except the first post was written idiotically and completely failed to make any sort of a point except what was derived off laughably absurd mathematics. At least we're keeping the thread alive.

DeviledEgg24.png

I respected you compfreak and I seriously hope your just kidding but your ideas are a bit offensive... You have literally no clue what your talking about. You may know a lot about science, computers and rs but this is exactly the same way the nazi's started thinking and we know what happened...

Just think for a second about what you said... :shame:

ragingnewb.png

I respected you compfreak and I seriously hope your just kidding but your ideas are a bit offensive... You have literally no clue what your talking about. You may know a lot about science, computers and rs but this is exactly the same way the nazi's started thinking and we know what happened...

Just think for a second about what you said... :shame:

I said less intelligent people should adopt instead of reproduce to replicate natural selection. The other alternative is to let all the week and sick die as would be standard had we not evolved medical technology. Which one is more humane?

DeviledEgg24.png

Oh, and if you don't like Zierro, you don't want to miss the fireworks in eatrunearrows wildy thread - we have a 13 page argument in which 95% of the posts are the two of us arguing about the meaning of 3 words. He's officially 'given up', but he's still posting responses. If you like him you better help him out, the argument's dying fast :lol:

Ahh, and you said adults aren't the ones who are immature on the internet yet you make a post like this. <3:

Ahh, and you said adults aren't the ones who are immature on the internet yet you make a post like this. <3:

Don't ever recall saying that, don't tell me your going back to the 'make up things and pretend comp said them' argument again...

DeviledEgg24.png

Of course you wouldn't. Acknowledging it would mean you just disproved your entire point. You were the one who said kids are the ones who make immature Rant Threads - not adults. Now you're making immature posts in the Rants. You also make posts deciding what should be done with the fate of humanity. Speaks loads for your character.

Of course you wouldn't. Acknowledging it would mean you just disproved your entire point. You were the one who said kids are the ones who make immature Rant Threads - not adults. Now you're making immature posts in the Rants. You also make posts deciding what should be done with the fate of humanity. Speaks loads for your character.

Again, never said that. Building laughably wrong arguments over things someone never said doesn't do much for your integrity.

DeviledEgg24.png

Again, never said that. Building laughably wrong arguments over things someone never said doesn't do much for your integrity.

Funny...

What my original post (and entire point) was that adults don't make long, indecipherable wilderness rants filled with spelling and grammar errors that blatantly ignore facts, cherry picking what they want to believe and flaming anyone who disagrees them without a speck of proof. Children do. End of story.

Naturally, I am not gonna quote you word for word every time, but the ideas are exactly the same.

Naturally, I am not gonna quote you word for word every time, but the ideas are exactly the same.

Really. I don't quite get the stretch from 'wilderness rants' to 'every type of rant'.

DeviledEgg24.png

Really then? Immaturity only applies to wildy rants?

Nope, I was just using them as an example of lack of long term consequence consideration and prioritization of ones needs above that of the community.

DeviledEgg24.png

The point is you called out children for being immature and making wildy rants, and now I'm calling you out for being immature and making completely irrelevant posts with only the intention to insult someone. And now you change it into an argument of "I said tomotoes - not tomatoes!" to distract us from the issue of your immaturity and oppressiveness.

The point is you called out children for being immature and making wildy rants, and now I'm calling you out for being immature and making completely irrelevant posts with only the intention to insult someone. And now you change it into an argument of "I said tomotoes - not tomatoes!" to distract us from the issue of your immaturity and oppressiveness.

None of those quotes demonstrated immaturity, just because someone's poking fun at you in a sarcastic manner doesn't make them immature in the sense of long term consequences and planning\decision making skills. A more accurate analogy would be "I said squash - not tomatoes!", as I said nothing of the sort. Just another attempt of yours to pretend I said something I didn't, and indeed, have said the opposite of many times =D>

DeviledEgg24.png

Don't make this another 20 page thread.

Your welcome to ignore it. There's a nifty feature on your control panel that lets you add people to ignore and hide their posts. Some of us enjoy debating.

DeviledEgg24.png

Runescape is somewhat like tip it.

Even though i hate something, curiosity means i just can't ignore it =(.

Control your impulses...

DeviledEgg24.png