Tip.It Times: 5 April 2009

n_odie

Agree with "journey or destination"...it's kinda been all been said before though. Personally, I'm one for creating new accounts, I can't seem to chew the fat and grind it to a skill cape because I'm motivated for PvP content and always to be the best at my level, and hence creating new accounts lol.

I mainly play because the interwebs, and the fact often I'll 99% be doing something other than just playing RS.

Article about names really gives more thought that it needs to be, not that its a bad thing, but I suppose some people's minds think it that way. Saying my name is better than yours is just an ego fight though.

And yes, I did read the fictional article, kudos to the guy who wanted pride and prejudice a few posts back, but you built a good atmosphere non the less :)

Maybe just read over a few times what you've written...Or get a friend to do so?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Journey or the Destination?:

Personally, I play for my friends, for the fun, and for the lulz :P.

PK, well, it's just fun, you risk stuff, you have to pay attention, when I do it, I enjoy it, but I'm not a big fan of it, then there's monster hunt, solo'ing things makes better profit but sometimes it gets BOOOOOORING, that's why I look up a team of friends to come along with

The Nature of Names:

Well, mine is actually my real name in numbers so.... :P

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Reminds me of the phrase "Jam tomrrow is better than Jam today."

Ie, the promise of high skills tomorrow, or sometime in the future makes the goal worthwile and therefore worth working towards.

If 99 fletching was one cut, would it be worth so much? If anyone could kill anyone else in a single glance would PvP be any fun? Of course not.

my fave was the 2nd one, The first was old news to me, and im not into the stories, I have to agree that my character is like its own person, my name isn't "Derek Smith" at all, (the truth had to come out, so there)

although its still has a three, the way it sounds like a name is good, even if people ask if they know me, its good

Derek because I used to think it was a cool name, (i forget why)

and Smith cause its a common name here(four pages of the phonebook are smiths)

as for the first article, i find that the community is a big part of runescape, especially with friends i know IRL, we always talk about it

Derek_Smith3.png

The article about why people play runescape. what was that called?

Anyway I've ALWAYS said to people that you play runescape to brag! That's it. I guess this is refering to the fame section but i like my description better. Without the ability to brag about our accounts what's the point? I'm also a bit insane in that i love to upgrade things, i love watching the loading bars when my computer installs update lol, and it just so happens that that is just what runescape is. something you can upgrade and brag about. There are so few things in runescape that people actually enjoy doing. the occasional minigame, maybe quests for some people, and the odd social interaction however infrequent. We start to play because our friends do, the easy leveling at first makes us feel good like reading a book with chapter breaks ever 3 pages makes you feel smart, and because we feel so confident with our leveling we try to beat our friends and then friends we meet in-game, setting higher and higher goals that take longer and longer to reach. And don't forget the most boring, most fun, most rewarding, and most exciting thing to do in runescape: making money. We each have our techniques and different ways of making money but we all share the goal of wanting more. To purchase valuable items for SHOWING OFF or to get that new better armor piece, we all have found something in runescape that makes it worth playing.

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255

2nd article:

I completely agree. Huge Brain isn't me but is a part of who I am. He is his own separate self who has his own mannerisms that I in real life would never dream of doing or having. He enjoys screaming: "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" whenever he takes one of those enjoyable carpet rides across the desert and always acts as arrogant and egoistic as his name suggests (although I must admit this is a shared characteristic). I love the name and it has become one of my names that I use for everything. I'd be disappointed if it contained numbers or strange swear/dirty combinations. It gives me laughs when mentioned in quests such as in the phoenix quest the npc said something like: "I wish I had a brain as large as yours Huge Brain." (I really have no idea what the actual quote was but it was along those lines and was hilarious).

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255