What's the point of the magic short bow? (Editted)

fenrir321

Ok, but just for future reference, how would you calculate a damage spread? I was going by average of the max hti since I assume that each damage point has an equal chance of appearing on damage splat.

It doesn't. You have to spend a few dozen hours recording each hit of the weapon, then log it and graph it to see the frequency of each hit and calculate the average.

Also, the rune crossbow is +92 ranged attack and the crystal bow is +100 (I was using a second "dud" crystal bow in the calculation to keep the first "recorded" one's max hit at a constant and not degraded factor).

Doesn't matter. Range bonus isn't the whole story. Ammo type plays the biggest role.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Also, the rune crossbow is +92 ranged attack and the crystal bow is +100 (I was using a second "dud" crystal bow in the calculation to keep the first "recorded" one's max hit at a constant and not degraded factor).

Doesn't matter. Range bonus isn't the whole story. Ammo type plays the biggest role.

How does ammo play a role in accuracy if it only gives ranged strength?

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

How does ammo play a role in accuracy if it only gives ranged strength?

Shoot 1000 bronze bolts then 1000 rune bolts and come back to me with the results -.-

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I don't have the resources to just spend a mill or two of gp on pure testing, so I'll just take your word for it. :-#

But since you do, does that mean that bronze bolts hit more often than rune bolts or the other way around?

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

I don't have the resources to just spend a mill or two of gp on pure testing, so I'll just take your word for it. :-#

But since you do, does that mean that bronze bolts hit more often than rune bolts or the other way around?

Other way around... majorly.

DeviledEgg24.png

What's the point of a rune battle axe? Everything is going to be obsolete one day, even your godsword.