The Abyss

funion987

I know there are a few ways of getting into the middle section, but which method is best? Should I just try whichever method is closest to me? Should I bring a hatchet or pickaxe? Does the type of pic or hatchet, i.e. rune, make a difference? Also, should I wear armor, and if so, what kind? Thanks.

acheron.jpg

depends on what ur skill lvl is

u can either bring an axe if you have high wc, a pic if you have high mining, etc, the better the tool the faster u'll get through. but bring an item that you can wield to save a space. As for armour i usually wear d hide, but choose a light weight armour to save run

pemdas14.png

Pemdas14.png

this is gonna take a while....

The best is generally to bring a Mithril pickaxe (mithril is lighter than the other metals, so run energy lasts longer) and use the mining shortcuts, as they are usually closer to where you teleport in than the woodcutting obstacles.

However, I would say that if you have ~15-20 level advantage in Woodcutting, it might be worth it to bring an axe and use the woodcutting obstacles.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

I recommend bringing a rune pickaxe. And wear Dragonhide or other light weight protection. Also a spotty (requires 40 hunter to wear) or spottier cape (requires66 hunting) I believe you can buy both of them at the grand exchange. Also the boots of lightness (obtained during the Temple of Ikov quest) will also help greatly with your runecrafting.

[spoiler=Goals]GeneralTedd.png

GeneralTedd.pngGeneralTedd.png

[] 30m

[] Chaotic Rapier

[] Chaotic Crossbow

[] Chaotic Kiteshield

[] 50m

[] D Claws

I recommend bringing a rune pickaxe. And wear Dragonhide or other light weight protection. Also a spotty (requires 40 hunter to wear) or spottier cape (requires66 hunting) I believe you can buy both of them at the grand exchange. Also the boots of lightness (obtained during the Temple of Ikov quest) will also help greatly with your runecrafting.

Bronze = rune < mith. Mith is lighter.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

There is little to no difference between rune and mithril pickaxes, and mithril is 1kg lighter.

Dragonhide is unnecessary -- most revenants are more of an annoyance than a potentially deadly force like PKers were. Boots of Lightness, Spottier Cape, Penance Gloves, Amulet of Glory, Mithril Pickaxe, and a Ring of Dueling make up the perfect outfit for abyss runecrafting. If a revenant shows up, just keep going through like usual. It's unlikely to kill you. If it does any significant damage, just take a little time at the bank to heal up. The revenant will go away soon enough.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Wouldn't the Adze be ideal for the abyss since its both a pickaxe and a hatchet? That is of course you can get one.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

When I use the Abyss, I usually carry an Axe (my WC is higher than my Mining...), and will either chop the tendrils, distract the eyes (Thieving Skill) or squeeze through those tunnel openings (srry...can't remember their real name...it uses the Agility Skill). That way, I have 3 options open to me without carrying extra tools.