gold charms?

Man_Of_Doom

I've tried the slayer to get charms. My first assignment was 180 greaters and I'm only walking away with about 50 charms total. This is really slow and while I'm getting great drops to offset the food it's annoying. I heard giant rock crabs are very good and can get me many charms in an hour. But I don't know how I should be fighting them.

Are there any other types of monsters I can fight to get about 400 gold charms fairly fast?

man_of_doom.png

All of the giants. I'd personally go to Moss Giants at Pirates Cove, since it's multi meaning you can cannon the hell outta them, although you'll attack a few of the pirates as well.

You can cannon fire giants too, you just need to make sure you're in a safespot the entire time.

Fire giants in CT, very fast gold charms there :thumbup:

What's CT?

I haven't used a cannon before, if I bring the cannon +1k cannon balls will that get me plenty of charms? What range experience am I looking at, and what type of armour should I bring?

man_of_doom.png

Chaos tunnels. You can use initiate with prayer or best def

Edit: You can't use cannon in tunnels

How do I get to pirates cove?

I haven't done lunar diplomacy so I cannot access lunar isle. Is there another way to get to pirates' cove?

man_of_doom.png

I haven't done lunar diplomacy so I cannot access lunar isle. Is there another way to get to pirates' cove?

Pirates cove?

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Pirates cove?

Its the place where you board the pirate ship the first time. Have to talk to the one guy all the way west, right click and you have the option to go to moonclan island.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Don't concentrate on Golds, concentrate on Crimsons. By the time you have enough golds to use Crimsons, you'll have a nice stockpile of the good charms so yu can boost your Summoning up faster. There's no need to get the (minor) helpful lower leveled familiars while gimping your speed hugely.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

At your stats I would cannon black demons in taverly dungeon for charms.

For 1 task I take about 3k cannonballs, and I get around 80 crimsons.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Yes, you want crimsons instead. But if you still want golds because of the low summoning level:

Moss Giants at the Cove require you to start, but not finish, Lunar Diplomacy. You need to do the first 5 minutes of it. You only have to get Lokar Searunner to get you to the Pirate Boat. Then on the dock there is a ladder down to pirates cove. These Moss Giants are the best ones in the game.

Fire Giants, don't do it in the CT. Do it at Waterfall. Set up the cannon a little south (1-2 squares) of the dining table in the center room. Then go to the safespot by the entrancedoor. The cannon will hit every Fire Giant in reach and act like multicombat, even though it's single combat. While in the safespot, you can alch or take some ranging gear and help out your cannon.

1k-2k cannonballs will get you plenty.

For moss giants, depending on your defense, you might need some heavy armor. However, in both places there is a safespot to hide behind, so you could bring ranging gear. At The Cove, it's in the small burned down house near the southern bank. If you stand in the middle of that nothing can get you. At Waterfall, it's the entrancedoor safespot. It's not hard to find since every pure that trains at Waterfall uses that safespot, so you'll catch on.

If you want crimsons, cannon black demons, although since you struggled so much with greaters you might want to hold off on that.