Rune mining- worth it or not?

dslayer455

I have recently started power-mining iron on my goal to 85 (76 atm)

However, I want to be sure rune mining is well worth the money, as I have heard different sides on this argument.

DO you think rune mining is good money? or just a waste of time to get to?

Im a level 90 miner and i can tell you that rune mining is hit or miss you can make pretty good money if no one else is mining or you can spend an hour hopping worlds endlessly, finding nothing but empty rocks. This is just my thoughts but i think its people that dont have 85 mining or just recently power mined for weeks to get it that say how great rune mining is. There is definitely faster and much more consistent ways to make money.... Just to edit no one ever makes 800k an hour rune mining Maybe one guy did it once when no one on any world was minning and made 2 trips with a pack yack in one hour but thats very unlikely. Just the time it takes to hop worlds would make 800k an hour nearly impossible.

I agree with the above. As f2p, it's one of the more attractive ways to get money. A single rune ore could be 16k ea, compare that to a single lobster, or a single yew. But if you mine at the wrong time, all you'll get are empty rocks as you hop worlds.

Kensei99.png

800k is very much possible with rune mining. I usually mine at the heroes guild and during day time I know which servers to look for. After i find enough servers (usually 6-8), I note them and their spawn times down and just log in 1 minute before the ores spawn. It does get boring after time but it's a great way to make money without spending anything. The first hour when you're still doing scouting is the only time your profit will be around 300k. After you have your servers, just mine as long as you can for about 800k/hour profit. It's semi afk-able but still very boring. Only get 85 mining if you think you'll enjoy mining ores for cash. I do stuff thats more enjoyable but with less profit for income.

Hoped I helped you decide

M_A_R_T.png

yes it did i think rune mining will be good mining and plus i love mining lol

but as to where to mine the ore, the heros guild is better? then the wilderness?

Definitely heroes guild. It has no revs and the banking is quicker. I wear duelling ring and games necklace to teleport. After my inv and tortoise are full I tele to cw, bank and tele to burthorpe. Takes less than 2 minutes to get back to the ores and with some experience you'll never miss the ores you're timing

M_A_R_T.png

Personally, I powermined iron. I went from 81 to 85 in about 10 days.

As for profit, in F2P it's definitely the most profitable skill I've ever seen. In a weekend of Runite mining, I was averaging about one load every hour and made almost 8 million. There were times when I got two loads in under an hour and a half and times when it took almost two hours to get one load.

For F2P I'd say it's definitely worth it. For members, I'm pretty sure there are a lot of other ways that might not bring quite as much profit, but do it with more predictability.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I've never used a scout. I tried it once, but it sucked a lot. Every time it got killed I had to walk ALL THE WAY BACK, with no teleports to help me out or anything. Plus, there aren't any pkers out there anymore, so a scout is less needful. If you see a rev, just turn on protect from mage and run away. They aren't hard to escape. Bring a couple lobs or something just in case. ;)

Blakdragon39.png

Thank you for the answers.

How did you get 85 mining?

Im just powermining iron now.

I got to 85 mining by mining coal in rsc, took a long time but made a reasonable profit ;) And yeah, don't use a scout. Revs are easy, just trap them behind trees

M_A_R_T.png

Its completely random and can be frustrating. Its only worth it really with a lava titan/pack yak or if your f2p.

cash per hour can varry from like 100-200k/900-1m its completely random. at least with heroes or wildy rocks. you can camp lava maze with yak/titan or like death beasts. but only 1 ore and thats only like 500k an hour or so even if you hit every world empty, and factor in bank times. and lava maze revs can kill you and you cant tele out

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

I've never used a scout. I tried it once, but it sucked a lot. Every time it got killed I had to walk ALL THE WAY BACK, with no teleports to help me out or anything. Plus, there aren't any pkers out there anymore, so a scout is less needful. If you see a rev, just turn on protect from mage and run away. They aren't hard to escape. Bring a couple lobs or something just in case. ;)
I found using a scout made jumping worlds a lot easier. Yes, it's annoying to have to walk all the way back when it dies (and it will) but with the 30 second login delay, it lets you check 4 worlds in one minute instead of only 2.

I also usually brought 10-12 swordfish for food. I didn't always need it, but when I did it meant that I could still get a full load without having to go back for more food. One Runite ore will pay for two inventories of swordies, so you won't even notice the cost. :D

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I believe there is one in neitznot open to you after you do the Fremenik Isles quest

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

In my experience the answer is no. I always end up with only a few ores and almost dying every time I mine rune. If you seem to be better than me, or most people, then the answer is yes. Just remember there are better methods.