Stick with an UT mining cape?

Wot

So in a week or two I will have finally reached 99 mining.

I was always then planning for a quick fletch trim, and then train 2 other skills that I enjoy ( fire making and farming)

But a few people are telling me that, an untrimmed (UT) mining cape is far more impressive then a trimmed one (i dont know why either) . So I dont really know what to do :o

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining

Just go for the trimmed cape. To me, it's more impressive for a person to have multiple 99s unless the one 99 they have is slayer/summoning. But you shouldn't care that much what people think of your accomplishment; if you want a trimmed cape, get it.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

99 con was my first 99 so I have a bit of the same situation. Here's why it's seen as more impressing

A lot of people like to get 99 cook/fletch or "easy" 99s as a warm up because they're either not sure they can make it or because they'd like to try something easier before tackling a crazy hard 99. This does hold true; getting a skill to 99 is harder if you've never gotten one before.

Getting an impressive 99 before any other skill shows that you were ready to throw yourself straight into the difficult task and succeeded. Not everyone understands this concept but everyone does know that untrimmed mining capes for example are exceedingly rare.

The choice is yours, but my advice - as I got some very pleasant reactions with an untrimmed construction cape - would be to go for it, it would be kinda cool and you can tell people that your first 99 was mining. Then of course, once the novelty wears out, go get other 99s as you see fit.

Good luck

It isn't about the cape.

This kind of attempt doesn't help at all. His question IS about the cape.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

it depends on the person, i think that mining cape is ugly untrimmed, however someone else here may disagree and say it's the most beautiful thing on God's green earth........ it's all about you and what you want, it's your cape, it's your achievement treat it as you want.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

The cape is only a secondary. The achievement is the actual satisfaction. I could have gotten an untrimmed HP cape, but I thought to myself, "Why? What makes untrimmed Hp better?" It doesn't. It isn't about the cape. I have yet to buy a range cape, only because I have no need for one. I have my magic cape and my Fire Cape; I don't like the Range cape's colors.

Play the game how you want. don't worry about what others think of you. They will forget-in 2 minutes an go on with their life

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

To me, a mining cape is a mining cape. If you have only 99 mininig, that's awesome, but if you have multiple 99's that's even better because you've stuck out to get 99 mining plus another skill, even if it is "easy". My first 99 was cooking, and it's not because it's easy, it's because I like the cape and I like the skill. So do what you want, if you prefer to keep it untrimmed, that's your prerogative, if you want it trimmed (I personally think trimmed looks a lot better), then do it! This game is about your achievements, not about what people think of your achievements. Good luck!

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

okay thanks, i think what I shall do is get all my skills up so i can get a quest cape after 99 mining, then complete all the quests and get the cape. Maybe then move on too other skills

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining

I personnaly hate the untrimmed mining cape, its very ugly. Trimmed mining cape is my favorite cape, after slayer/pray/summon/runecraft

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning