I Need Help Installing New Themes on Vista

champion

I can't seem to successfully install any theme I try to download (here's the last one I've tried: http://sisiphus00.deviantart.com/art/Pa ... -100575323 ) My system is patched using VistaGlazz. I just don't seem what I'm doing wrong. I unzip the download, then move it to Windows > Resources > Themes. When I try to change the theme from the personalization menu, this is what I see:

233bki.jpg

When I click "browse", I see the folder, but not a theme file in it that I can click on to set the theme; however, I can see the theme files otherwise, if I'm just looking in the themes folder, just not after clicking the "browse" option (I hope this makes sense).

This is somewhat hard to explain, but help would really be appreciated as I've been unable to install a bunch of cool themes. :P

You need UXTheme Multi-Patcher for msstyles. I use it, and works without a problem. Follow the instructions and you'll be fine.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I've tried this before but failed. I guess you can only do this in Vista Ultimate (not sure if it can be done in Premium, but definitely not in Vista Basic), and you need to install special softwares. Note that these softwares modifies system files and may be illegal, so use it at your own risk.

AAH you might have to use Vista without any service packs installed as well. If you have one installed, it changes some of the Windows Settings so these patches fail. For example, the transperent Aero theme used to be included in Vista Basic, which is not a feature in that version. However, some patches can unlock the transperent theme in Vista without SP1, but cannot if otherwise.

BLOSSOM_KING.png

A new member; f2p for 4+ years

Seldom get online due to in real life business

Always support f2p improvements

I've tried this before but failed. I guess you can only do this in Vista Ultimate (not sure if it can be done in Premium, but definitely not in Vista Basic), and you need to install special softwares. Note that these softwares modifies system files and may be illegal, so use it at your own risk.

AAH you might have to use Vista without any service packs installed as well. If you have one installed, it changes some of the Windows Settings so these patches fail. For example, the transperent Aero theme used to be included in Vista Basic, which is not a feature in that version. However, some patches can unlock the transperent theme in Vista without SP1, but cannot if otherwise.

It's possible in all "flavors" of Windows as well as SP1.

:?

hopesolopatriot.jpg

You need UXTheme Multi-Patcher for msstyles. I use it, and works without a problem. Follow the instructions and you'll be fine.

Is this the correct download? If so, it's unfortunately not working; when I try and start the program it comes up with a small window saying "Longhorn Transformation Pack does not support this OS." :?

.rar is type of file compression used to make files smaller, very useful when it comes to downloads and such. I wouldn't reccomend winrar, 7zip is another free program which is much better and can decompress most compression types.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

.rar is type of file compression used to make files smaller, very useful when it comes to downloads and such. I wouldn't reccomend winrar, 7zip is another free program which is much better and can decompress most compression types.

I think WinRar can decompress almost every compression types as far I saw. I find it extremely fast and easy to use.

ib7rVm.png

I think WinRar can decompress almost every compression types as far I saw. I find it extremely fast and easy to use.

WinRAR doesn't support gzip, tar or bzip2. 7zip is less bloated I found and doesn't bug you to buy it each time, because it's open soucre and therefore completely free.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

WinRAR doesn't support gzip, tar or bzip2. 7zip is less bloated I found and doesn't bug you to buy it each time, because it's open soucre and therefore completely free.

Drac, WinRAR handles all of those file types.

http://www.rarlab.com/otherfmt.htm