HD runescape?

deadngone

Rofl is that the only reason?

Dells are notoriously cheaply made. I have an Inspiron 1525 and I can play HD, but it lags. I usually stick with standard graphics.

I heard you could reduce lag by using task manager and going to processes and setting the browser and Java priority to high. However, it is not advisable to do that without the assistance of someone that knows what they're doing. No, I haven't tried the task manager thing myself.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

It looks like you had an Intel chipset for the graphics. I hear they aren't good for gaming.

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

Right now im looking at some HP laptops. Are they good? Cuase i got a Hp desktop and its pretty good so far.

I'm not really sure about HP. My dad has an old HP laptop from 2003 and back then we thought it was good. If you're wanting a laptop, I would go ahead and save a little bit more on it, instead of buying a "cheap" one. I would probably stay away from a Dell, though. They seem to have poor service and sell poorly-manufactured products.

SWAG

I don't know if i should get a different one. Should I just stick with it. I only use my laptop for runescape when im semi afking at bandits. Lol :lol: . So i can watch tv in the living room.

I would just keep it then. You probably won't mind playing in standard detail.

SWAG

Do the default HD settings make your computer lag? Or are you putting everything to the max? I suggest putting anti-aliasing on 2x or none that is if you are using 4x because that can cause most of the lag for many computers.

~ Captainkidd

You cant say it laggs cause its a dell.. I got a dell and it works fine -.-

You just gotta tweak a bit, that's all, but you gotta tweak almost every pc before it works at its prime..

Maybe the problem is that you havent tweaked it yet? Btw, if you are using vista, make sure the save energy mode is off.

Dell is ftw tbh... though, alienware > dell :-#

It looks like you had an Intel chipset for the graphics. I hear they aren't good for gaming.

That will be why. Intel GMA chipsets aren't that good at all for gaming, and hog your RAM too.

It's worth getting dedicated graphics if you can afford it (on a new computer.)

You cant say it laggs cause its a dell.. I got a dell and it works fine -.-

You just gotta tweak a bit, that's all, but you gotta tweak almost every pc before it works at its prime..

Maybe the problem is that you havent tweaked it yet? Btw, if you are using vista, make sure the save energy mode is off.

Dell is ftw tbh... though, alienware > dell :-#

It depends on the computer. A $3000+ Alienware/Dell > a $600 Dell.

I would imagine that Dell puts a bit more effort into their pricey computers.

th_borningfourmsig-1.png

Currently going for 76 fishing

To anyone out there buying a computer... don't get anything with integrated Intel graphics. Choose one with a dedicated card, or at least integrated nVidia.

My laptop, even with 4gb of ram and a Core 2 Duo, has trouble with RuneScape HD (not to mention real games) because it only has integrated graphics.

The computer manufacturer has little to do with the performance. The hardware is basically the same.

- Np Tyler

Well, the anti-aliasing setting right now says "incompatiable". What does that mean? I don't see a way to change it.

It means that your integrated Intel graphics card is unable to perform anti-aliasing. As far as I know, that is the case with all of these Intel GMA cards. The anti-aliasing basically smooths out the graphics and takes off the hard edges.

Unfortunately, you will probably find it impossible to get a dedicated card for that machine.

Hmm. So, my graphic card sucks thats why it lags? If this comp is really good for anything then I really should return it and throw in a couple hundered and get something better. So, far HP brands hasn't been a problem with me. BTw this is my first DELL comp.

king_n981.png

king_n981.png

Hmm. So, my graphic card sucks thats why it lags? If this comp is really good for anything then I really should return it and throw in a couple hundered and get something better. So, far HP brands hasn't been a problem with me. BTw this is my first DELL comp.

IMHO ordering a Dell Laptop from their website is much much better than ordering in store because you can customize it, and sometimes get a good deal :thumbsup: For $100 more you can get an "ATI Mobility Radeon HD4330 256mb with that laptop on their website + a $100 giftcard. My 2-year old Dell Laptop has had little problems until now, gets a little hot now and then and one of my |

bloodfin711.png

Haha. I can see that your "K" key is busted :lol: . Right now my laptop is using wireless internet and it dissconnect sometimes, about 3-4 times since yesterday and just once now. Is that normal for wireless comps? My router brand is NETGEAR.

king_n981.png

king_n981.png