Missing items from the equipment calculator

Hi,

I was just making an outfit for the GWD and noticed that the Armadyl pendant is missing. I've just looked through and there are a few wear able items which are not selectable.

I'll compile a list if you need one.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

My point is there are some items which offer zero bonus' which are on there, but others which aren't it should that they are all there or none of them are there.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

You make a good point about the inconsistency. We should decide whether to show them or not, and then stick to it.

Argument against: It would double the number of entries in some slots. There are dozens and dozens of "outfits" in RS with absolutely no stats. So why clutter the equip calculator, making it harder to find the piece you want?

Argument for: If the item I want doesn't show, how can I be sure the crew didn't just forget, lol? Well I can answer that - we now have a checker, so items that have stats should be offered as a choice in the equipment builder. (tho sometimes a bug creeps into the system :oops:)

Once we make a decision, we can go thru and fix up the entries.

I'd like more discussion on this from other users.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

• 1 month later...

I would agree with pokemama about there being confusion if there wasn't a single policy and my feelings would be to take out anything that has no stat bonus. People looking to use the setup are most likely doing so in order to build a stat boosting set of armor and weaponry...if not, they're just doing it for fun...while that in itself shouldn't be why Tip.It doesn't provide something (I mean, who doesn't like having fun?), it seems like adding entries for outfits that don't serve a tactical purpose is unnecessary (especially when I'm sure the crew has tons of other things that people would consider higher priorities).

If it were a vote, I'd vote for eliminating any gear without stat boosts from the calculator, even if that means that greater care is taken when new outfitted items enter the game.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.