Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty Jackalope"

dsavi

Just got released. :D update-manager -d in a terminal to update.

Thoughts on it? I think the most major change to Ubuntu was OOo3, and for Kubuntu KDE 4.2. They updated GIMP to something a bit more recent than 2.6.1.

I checked the repositories beforehand, we're still stuck with php5.2.6-ubuntu whatever, but that's what /etc/apt/sources.list is for. :P

Opinions?

C2b6gs7.png

Just got released. :D update-manager -d in a terminal to update.

Thoughts on it? I think the most major change to Ubuntu was OOo3, and for Kubuntu KDE 4.2. They updated GIMP to something a bit more recent than 2.6.1.

I checked the repositories beforehand, we're still stuck with php5.2.6-ubuntu whatever, but that's what /etc/apt/sources.list is for. :P

Opinions?

I don't really know a whole lot about linux, but it's always nice to see a new update :P

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Thanks for the update for some reason I had it in my head it wasn't out for another month.

This is the update I've been waiting for, I might now finally get my HTPC working from the off.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I need another harddrive... Well 2 actually. One e-sata and one internal sata lol. Dsavi: Give me some euros!

How is the Wlan support on 9.04? Any improvements?

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

^ Don't have no s to speak of. :(

I haven't tried WLAN on 9.04, will do when I get it on my laptop. My brother and I are upgrading our respective computers right now, not like fi.archive.ubuntu.com isn't tormented enough already with everyone upgrading. Currently getting 40kbps. :|

C2b6gs7.png

Torrented both the 32 and 64-bit distros the other day, plan to install the 64 bit on my laptop and tower (32 bit is there for redundancy sake; I have a separate /home partition and I can recover all of my installed programs, so yeah). Dsavi, I advise you go with the torrent, since it's just way faster (managed to download the 64-bit ISO within an hour before I had to leave on a 7MB line; not bad for a mad rush to get the ISO anyway).

After some trial/error and I put the 64-bit version on my thumbdrive, and I'm rather pleased with it. Seems a bit zipper, but I was warned about the new notification daemon that does weird stuff with programs, I think. I have to give it a fair shake and see how things run after I install it, so I'll probably post grievances temporary minor setbacks later.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

woo-hoo

About time for me to do a reformatting of my ubuntu machine anyway. I'll be torrenting this shortly. Seed generously \'

EDIT: YES! THEY HAVE A MUCH BETTER MONITOR DRIVER SYSTEM! NO MORE TINY DISPLAY IN THE CENTER OF MY LAPTOP!

I spent way to many hours with xorg.conf trying to fix that -.-

EDIT2: If anyone's still having problems downloading, http://ubuntu.cs.utah.edu/releases/ is giving me a steady 180 KB\s.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Well today I realized I'm two Ubuntu versions behind #-o

I had a problem in the past where RS wouldn't run with the java my computer had and I couldn't use the correct type.

Can anyone confirm that RS does work or can be made to work on Jaunty?

fizzzard.png

66,275th to 99 Cooking 73,802nd to 99 Fletching 8,839th to 99 Smithing 71,320th to 99 Magic

alivepeople.png

Well today I realized I'm two Ubuntu versions behind #-o

I had a problem in the past where RS wouldn't run with the java my computer had and I couldn't use the correct type.

Can anyone confirm that RS does work or can be made to work on Jaunty?

I'm kinda scared to upgrade. There's some kind of OpenGL bug with Jaunty that totally cripples full screen RS. So, until that works, I'll be hiding over here with my Ibex. :(

Oh, and I've never had a problem with running RS on Linux. Shoot me a PM and let me know what your problems are/were specifically.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.