"Heal Other"

warrior5024

When Duo'ing TD's, I bring along Heal Other and Special Transfer runes for my partner, since the meleer is prone to taking more damage, so withe Extra SGS specs help, and when that doesn't work, I can heal him up. Well, today we went down, and he was at a very low Hp, and the Demon hits a string of damage, and he dies. Well, before he dies, I click to heal him. What happened was, the spell was cast, he kneels over, and I took 69 damage that SHOULD have gone toward healing my partner. Because of this spell damage and without any other target the demon turns to me and proceeds to take out the 25 HP I have left. God bless 5 minute gravestones, or I'd be 30m down the drain.

I'm just upset that, even though the spell didn't heal, I still got damage.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I guess it was just too late, the dying animation must have already started and thus you couldnt transfer hp to him...but you casted the spell soon enough for hp to be taken from you. At least theres gravestones.

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

I think you were just unlucky there. To be honest, if you're using a spell which you know will deal you a fair amount of damage, you just have accept that there are going to be risks.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

That's unlucky for both of you, but honestly what can Jagex do? I'm sure they thought about this when they made the spell. If you're that worried, bring a Ring of Life. I agree that this is unfair, but I don't think Jagex can do much about it.

This happens in other situation too, like in battle, when you teleport and get hit, you'll see the damage when you arrive at the teleport location. This has most likely happened with the transfer too: your partner got the healing at exactly the wrong time, giving him the healing effect when he got sent to lumbridge(or what other location).

I'd think this can be very annoying if it happens, but it won't happen all that often if you cast the spell a bit earlier.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.