Eminem's 'Relapse' -

kamykazee

I wouldn't say he was the best rapper of all time either, he might become the biggest selling rapper of all time but that is irrelevant in the argument. Personally, I put Nas, Rakim, Notorious BIG, Jay-Z, Big Pun & Big Daddy Kane above Eminem. Don't get me wrong, Eminem is a great lyricist but he can be irritating even without this daft accent he keeps trying. Plus, the album before this one was dire.

Honestly, quite a few were not that good.

Admittedly, the first one I heard was "The Eminem Show", however, I've heard a few and he seems to have gone back to being similar as he was before that.

Admittedly, I don't listen to a lot of Rap, Eminem is great, however I certainly place Tupac above him.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I wouldn't say he was the best rapper of all time either, he might become the biggest selling rapper of all time but that is irrelevant in the argument. Personally, I put Nas, Rakim, Notorious BIG, Jay-Z, Big Pun & Big Daddy Kane above Eminem. Don't get me wrong, Eminem is a great lyricist but he can be irritating even without this daft accent he keeps trying. Plus, the album before this one was dire.

Honestly, quite a few were not that good.

Admittedly, the first one I heard was "The Eminem Show", however, I've heard a few and he seems to have gone back to being similar as he was before that.

Admittedly, I don't listen to a lot of Rap, Eminem is great, however I certainly place Tupac above him.

You only place Pac above him because he faked his own death.

Jay-Z can't rap. He knows how to produce songs, but I can't stand him rapping

Personally,as i stated above,i like the album quite alot,and have grown fond of more of the tracks than i originally stated.Also there are two bonus tracks that the album has, entitled:

- Careful what you wish for

- My Darling

The second one is okay but the first one i just fell in love with :wall: I mean, it really is the third song of the album dealing with strong personal issues ,in which he's actually serious about it (after Deja vu and Beautiful). He goes back to criticizing his fans for 'worshiping' him and admitting he had become a hypocrite and my only regret on that song is that its so short (1 minute long intro and only 2:47 of the actual song). However, i see why it's a bonus track, as it doesn't fit in with the thematic of the album.

As far as comparing Eminem to other rappers such as Tupac Shakur, The Notorious B.I.G., etc, it's really hard, they have different styles. Really Eminem talks about murdering,rape but also unveils a different side, dealing with serious issues such as drug addiction, his fall from grace, also not afraid to take a lash back at fans for their fanatic attitude.

Also, seeing the professional reviews it has got so far has puzzled me. They range from "awfull" to "favorable", critics even going as far as taking hits at each others reviews. The main reason behind these reviews is that Relapse just rakes over already very familiar ground, bringing nothing new, the same murder,celebrity bashing,etc.,all of which i agree with, but this album is about how he does it, Eminem reinventing himself through his lyrics, admitting fame got the better of him, saying that "I know you're probably tired of hearing about my mom" in one song, and generally giving the feeling that he is aware that the album brings nothing new in terms of thematic.However, as stated before, it's strength lies in it's Dre produced beats, well thought out wordplay and flow, aswell as revealing his inner most self to us with songs such as Beautiful and Deja vu.

There are several things which disturbed me about Eminem, however.As i went to his official site in hopes of ordering a CD i saw it COMPLETELY reworked from how it used to look before, having a theme in support of his latest album. You also had the option to get Hoodies, Jackets,fake bottles of 'pills',and other such collectible items . This disturbed me because of its commercial nature, as in he's trying to get as much money out of this as he can (which bothers me for some reason). This is also shown in his announcement to release Relapse 2 later this year. If he had so much material and wanted for his wans to get all of it he could have just made a double disc, instead two separate releases, which also denotes his intent at getting the most profit out of this affair. This signals to me that he has become VERY commercial, which i don't like :? This hasn't stopped me from liking the album however,it's just a thing that i noticed and kind of contradicts with the whole nature of the album iself.

As a sidenote, today marks the worldwide release of Relapse, so now it should be available for everyone to get it! :P :thumbsup:

I tried a copy from his site, but it didn't accept my credit card, so i have to hope and pray that it will eventually arrive where i live in the stores :pray: (i know i already have it downloaded and listened to it to the point of exhaustion :P but when its good it deserves to be bought ;) )

Final1.jpg

How do I get My darling and Careful what you wish for? I looked for a deluxe addition in 4 different stores, nothing.

I think you can only get it if you buy the album from the official site http://www.eminem.com/default.aspx

They give you download link to those songs as soon as you buy it from the site, i think atleast :oops: I haven't managed to get it myself though.

Pssssst! You can try youtube :shock: oh noes i said it !!! :wall:

Final1.jpg

Jay-Z can't rap. He knows how to produce songs, but I can't stand him rapping

You not liking him and him not being able to rap aren't the same thing. You just need to look at the respect he receives from his peers to see he is an impressive lyricist.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)