Eminem's 'Relapse' -

kamykazee

Relapse_%28album%29.jpg

Hey everyone!

As some of you might be aware of, the Detroit rapper Eminem has released several songs from his upcoming album Relapse. It's due for a release on May 15th in several European countries and on May 19th in the rest of the world! :thumbsup:

After finally managing to listen to it, from top to bottom, i have to say that my initial skepticism of it has been all but blown away. What i have come across were powerfull lyrics, very good flow, and interesting choices of beats, to say the least.

When the single We made you was released in April, i have to say i was very disapointed the first times i watched it. All i saw at that point was an Eminem out to prove he is everything he used to be : insulting celebrities, acting tough, serial killer, phsycho acts, etc. , all of which i considered to be a pathetic attempt to garner back attention. However, as more singles were released, i started to like them more and more and eventually got over the initial shock of the pure commercial, "chart-made" single that was We made you.

The tracks i enjoy most so far are (in no particular order) :

- 3 a.m.

- Insane

[hide=]"Insane" goes on to elaborate a disturbing tale of childhood molestation. "My Mom" takes on a familiar object of scorn, but with the claim that his mom is exactly who he's turned into, drugging himself into a stupor in front of his kid.[/hide]

- Bagpipes from Baghdad (awesome beat!)

- Old Times Sake

- Deja vu

[hide=]"Déjà Vu" is a brutally funny confessional, unpacking the whole gruesome story of where Em's been lately: addiction, rehab, overdoses, ambulances, hiding his pills from his daughter in video boxes.[/hide]

- Beautiful ( sincere lyrics. I am expecting this to be something of a hit)

[hide=]He sounds more honestly screwed up in "Beautiful," his touching attempt at an inspirational ballad, singing, "Don't let them say you ain't beautiful" in his gawky voice.[/hide]

- Underground (excellent selection to conclude the album)

Skits such as the familiar ones (Paul, Steve Berman) and new ones (Tonya, Mr. Mathers) also offer a good insight into the story behind the album.

I've also seen alot of people complaining about the voice eminem uses to deliver the rap in some of the songs, such as 3 a.m. and Old Times Sake. I have to say that i consider it actually is a very nice touch, adds a little bit of play to his rap and overal improves the general sound of the song, in my opinion atleast.

This is a very solid album, from my point of view, dealing with strong issues such as the drug problems which Marshall faced during his hiatus. After listening to the entire album, which mostly covers darker themes, i don't even consider We made you to be that bad of a song anymore, since it actually brightens up the tone and keeps it from slipping into monotony, offers some funny moments, even though it covers pretty familiar ground already.

A review of it goes

" The power of Relapse comes from Em aiming his beat-downs at his truest target, himself. By letting Dr. Dre take over the low-end-funk production, and rhyming about things he actually cares about, he comes up with a more painful, honest and vital record than anyone could have expected at this late date, up there with The Eminem Show or maybe even better. The album it recalls most is his 1999 major-label debut, The Slim Shady LP, from the stripped-down Dre beats to the self-lacerating wordplay. There are no familiar pop samples from Aerosmith or Martika or Heart, no rock choruses, no guest cameos beyond a couple of verses from Dre and 50 Cent. Instead, Em gets down to business, because this guy's got real problems. "

ROB SHEFFIELD,

Rolling Stone magazine

All in all, comparing it to his previous albums,i would rank it over Encore and The Slim Shady LP but below The Eminem Show and The Marshall Mathers LP.

What do you consider of it?

Final1.jpg

Ah, this is good news then. I haven't actually heard the single yet, but I've heard people describing it basically like you did, and that's the kind of stuff from him that I don't particularly like. Good to hear that it's a pretty dark album. The Marshall Mathers LP was great.

Will definitely give this a listen when it appears on Spotify. Good OP!

2009rb9.jpg

I downloaded the CD two days ago but I haven't had time to listen to it all the way through yet. I'm going to try and listen to it before the end of the week, I probably won't like a lot of it because I'm not much of a Shady fan but I'll definitely give it a try.

tFtfA.jpg

I'll have to consider listening to it because I did like Eminem at one point.

Then again, I should listen to his albums again before I listen to this.

If he's went back to his earlier style (before Eminem Show), then hell, I'm going to get it.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Listened to it, not as good as his first two, but a good album overall. Not going to be a favorite, but good.

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

We made you was OK. More of old eminem. Supposedly he's coming back this year and i am NOT looking forward to it -.-

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol:

What the hell has happened to his voice?

I started listening to "Beautiful" on youtube and I thought it was his voice in the intro and went :shock: WTF

It just reminds me of his old stuff, I don't hate him but I don't love him. It's pretty okay :)

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Greatest rapper of all time, bar none. Yes better then PAc, Biggie, Jay, and whoever. No one can capture a persons soul quite like him. He has so many varioties of style to, and actually cares about his lyrics. That is why after this year he is going to be the best selling rapper of all time, and it will only take him 5-6 albums to do it. Soon he will be in the top 5 performers in the last 100 years. Which he easily could have done by now if he lept making cds. I mean 70 million records sold in just 4 albums is crazy. The KING is back.

Greatest rapper of all time, bar none. Yes better then Pac, Biggie, Jay, and whoever. No one can capture a persons soul quite like him. He has so many varieties of style to, and actually cares about his lyrics. That is why after this year he is going to be the best selling rapper of all time, and it will only take him 5-6 albums to do it. Soon he will be in the top 5 performers in the last 100 years. Which he easily could have done by now if he kept making cds. I mean 70 million records sold in just 4 albums is crazy. The KING is back.

Even I'm not this fanatical.

I'm not sure why I just don't like Eminem. Don't like him or his music. :lol:

I do respect you're opinion on not liking him, not a lot of people do(even though more like him). But, I don't get why you must state the same point over, and over. I mean at least say some other [cabbage]? I don't know, I'm sure you have your own reasoning.

Yeah I know I'm not really giving any reasons or anything AND saying the same thing over and over. But I'm not really sure why I don't like him. :lol:

I just can't explain it.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Greatest rapper of all time, bar none. Yes better then Pac, Biggie, Jay, and whoever. No one can capture a persons soul quite like him. He has so many varieties of style to, and actually cares about his lyrics. That is why after this year he is going to be the best selling rapper of all time, and it will only take him 5-6 albums to do it. Soon he will be in the top 5 performers in the last 100 years. Which he easily could have done by now if he kept making cds. I mean 70 million records sold in just 4 albums is crazy. The KING is back.

Even I'm not this fanatical.

I'm not sure why I just don't like Eminem. Don't like him or his music. :lol:

I do respect your opinion on not liking him, not a lot of people do(even though more like him). But, I don't get why you must state the same point over, and over. I mean at least say some other [cabbage]? I don't know, I'm sure you have your own reasoning.

What is this little accent he made? :roll:

How about he re-release Infinite, when he didn't have to have some fake accent to rap.

Holy [cabbage], you do realize that the entire album isn't full of the accent, right. And raps supposed to be about lyrics, which his are amazing.

I thought we made you was really funny. I never had listened to eminem before, so I can't compare his songs, but I thought We made you was pretty good.

By the way, I am a real Punisher geek, and I saw this:

3-i-2009-nav-eminem_splash.jpg

Yes my friends, the Punisher and Eminem are going to fight each other in a comic book.

My first question was "Who's idea was it, and what drugs were they taking?"

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

What is this little accent he made? :roll:

How about he re-release Infinite, when he didn't have to have some fake accent to rap.

Holy [cabbage], you do realize that the entire album isn't full of the accent, right. And raps supposed to be about lyrics, which his are amazing.

The whole reasoning of releasing singles is to entice people to buy the album. If he raps with the irritating voice in the singles then why would I buy the album in hope the hope that he doesn't. It's irritating that he works to the same formula for every album release (comedic pop-culture mocking 1st single). He should have released Crack a Bottle as the single, I thought it was pretty decent.

Greatest rapper of all time, bar none. Yes better then PAc, Biggie, Jay, and whoever. No one can capture a persons soul quite like him. He has so many varioties of style to, and actually cares about his lyrics. That is why after this year he is going to be the best selling rapper of all time, and it will only take him 5-6 albums to do it. Soon he will be in the top 5 performers in the last 100 years. Which he easily could have done by now if he lept making cds. I mean 70 million records sold in just 4 albums is crazy. The KING is back.

I wouldn't say he was the best rapper of all time either, he might become the biggest selling rapper of all time but that is irrelevant in the argument. Personally, I put Nas, Rakim, Notorious BIG, Jay-Z, Big Pun & Big Daddy Kane above Eminem. Don't get me wrong, Eminem is a great lyricist but he can be irritating even without this daft accent he keeps trying. Plus, the album before this one was dire.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

I thought we made you was really funny. I never had listened to eminem before, so I can't compare his songs, but I thought We made you was pretty good.

Yes my friends, the Punisher and Eminem are going to fight each other in a comic book.

It was Em's idea, and XXL. Em is a huge comic book fan. He wanted to do iron man, but they wouldn't let him.

It was Em's idea, and XXL. Em is a huge comic book fan. He wanted to do iron man, but they wouldn't let him.

So to answer the second part of your question, a lot of stuff.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp