Cooking - What am i doing wrong?

Kinosjourney

As you may think im going for 99 cooking but im having a bit of trouble with the money.

Well, i bought 3,1k lobsters at mid, cooked them then sold at mid and lost 100k, What the hell..

Same with swordies, i lost 200-400k from 73-79 cooking so i decided to do lobs to 81, now im 81 and dont know what do to. I dont even think ill make it 85+ cook without blowing my last 800k which would force me to sell my whip at 1.3 (waiting for it to go up again) and then ill make it to 86-87 then it will stop. Can someone help me planning a fast and cheap way to get 99 cooking without blowing all my $$$'s?

Thank you :?

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even cooking do cost money. Its just not alot.

From what i've read 99 cooking costs 2-4M and ive already spent 500k sofar, i must be dumb :(

I can sell my whip, dragon scimitar and torags legs if someone help me plan 90+ but im not so sure atm as im not willing to sell my melee gear and then get broke at 89 or so #-o

Im currently aiming at 90 cooking then im gonna take a break getting cash, until that im not gonna do anything else than cooking.

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

From what i've read 99 cooking costs 2-4M and ive already spent 500k sofar, i must be dumb :(

I can sell my whip, dragon scimitar and torags legs if someone help me plan 90+ but im not so sure atm as im not willing to sell my melee gear and then get broke at 89 or so #-o

Your not dumb ::' Its just 99 do cost alot of money for them who does not have alot of it. 1M a day on cooking is easy..

Btw, do you have cooking gauntlets?

5th_Base.png

You need atleast 5M coins to BLOW on cooking.

Really? i calculated and 70-99 was gonna be a PROFIT, buying raw sharks, cooking then selling will net me 1-2M according to my calculations, and i think their pretty accurate. However the prices may change if im a really unlucky noob :lol:

@ Mike_Ike111

Ok, i guess im just wierd :roll:

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

Really? i calculated and 70-99 was gonna be a PROFIT, buying raw sharks, cooking then selling will net me 1-2M according to my calculations, and i think their pretty accurate. However the prices may change if im a really unlucky noob :lol:

@ Mike_Ike111

How are you going to profit as long as Raw shark costs more than Cooked ones? -.-

5th_Base.png

@ Mike_Ike111

How are you going to profit as long as Raw shark costs more than Cooked ones? -.-

huh? i bought a raw shark and got 36 gp back then i sold a cooked shark and i sold it a bit higher than what the raw shark costed. The prices must have changed :( :(

Well then im screwed. Anyone know what 81-90 will cost with swords/lobsters?

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

@ Mike_Ike111

huh? i bought a raw shark and got 36 gp back then i sold a cooked shark and i sold it a bit higher than what the raw shark costed. The prices must have changed :( :(

Check the difference between em and multiply with the number needed 81-90?

5th_Base.png

@ Mike_Ike111

Check the difference between em and multiply with the number needed 81-90?

OK, sorry :thumbsup:

Also, is it worth it to do swordies instead of lobsters for the faster exp?

(id have to cook ~6-7k more lobsters then swordies.)

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

No problem, we all fail once in a while. ;)

Uhm, i heard Lobsters to 96, then sharks.

*Ithink*

Thats really slow, ive heard lobsters to 90 and then monks to 94 then sharks all the way. Also i meet ppl here who uses monks all the way to 99 from 90, however it looks REALLY slower.

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

*Ithink*

Thats really slow, ive heard lobsters to 90 and then monks to 94 then sharks all the way. Also i meet ppl here who uses monks all the way to 99 from 90, however it looks REALLY slower.

If your in a hurry, and want 99 tomorrow you can just give up right now :P It takes time, and money. ;)

But that does sound like the right method.

5th_Base.png

*Ithink*

If your in a hurry, and want 99 tomorrow you can just give up right now :P It takes time, and money. ;)

Well, im in a hurry, but i can wait a while \'

I cooked arpox 4-5K swordfish yesterday and 4k lobsters today, if i keep it up ill be 99 "tomorrow" if i just can scramble enough money. :ohnoes:

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

*Ithink*

I cooked arpox 4-5K swordfish yesterday and 4k lobsters today, if i keep it up ill be 99 "tomorrow" if i just can scramble enough money. :ohnoes:

Hehe, well. with your stats you could easely make 300/400k an hour at Green Dragons ::'

5th_Base.png

*Ithink*

Hehe, well. with your stats you could easely make 300/400k an hour at Green Dragons ::'

To tell you the truth..i hate hate hate hate hate and hate green drags, i hate them so much i only make 100k a hour there :lol:

Any other ideas with my stats?

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

*Ithink*

To tell you the truth..i hate hate hate hate hate and hate green drags, i hate them so much i only make 100k a hour there :lol:

Well, i always fished/RC'd for my money. And got no experience with other things.. But you could try Tanning? Or even avensies.

5th_Base.png

*Ithink*

Well, i always fished/RC'd for my money. And got no experience with other things.. But you could try Tanning? Or even avensies.

Hmm, ill pretend like i didnt hear Aviansies either ;)

However, how much cash do i earn each hour when fishing monks, RCing or tanning?

Also be more specific on the topic, like: you go here and there then...blah blah blah and so on so i know what i have to do :twisted:

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

However, how much cash do i earn each hour when fishing monks, RCing or tanning?

Well, im guessing Blue dhide tanning with Terrorbird is around 400k an hour.

Okei. You buy lets say 1K Blue Dhide, Untanned. Go to Al-Kharid, Take out 20k Cash. Summon Tbird.. Run to the tanner which is just a little north of Alkharid bank, Right click->Tan-> Bank :D

5th_Base.png

Well my summoning is 16 so thats no option, what about fishing monks and RCing?

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

Well, you dont really need terrorbird.. You can just run, and walk when your out. Or use Super energy pots.

Fishing monks is like.. 130-170k an hour, i guess.. And Double cosmic crafting WAS around 400k an hour. Idk with todays prices.

5th_Base.png

Well, you dont really need terrorbird.. You can just run, and walk when your out. Or use Super energy pots.

Fishing monks is like.. 130-170k an hour, i guess.. And Double cosmic crafting WAS around 400k an hour. Idk with todays prices.

I don't think fishing is that fast. If I were to guess (70 fishing) it would be half that.

Stellactic.gif

Double nat crafting is actually 900k an hour..but does it look like i have 91 RC? :lol:

Is that cooked or raw monks? cause i cook mine :thumbup:

EDIT (saw Mike_Ike111's post): Oh, then what is a good way to earn cash with my stats excluding Green Drags, Aviansies, Mining clay, cutting yews and double nat crafting?

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

I don't think fishing is that fast. If I were to guess (70 fishing) it would be half that.

Well, yeah.. Im 99 on my main, so i judge by my speed =\

5th_Base.png