Attention: Esp. Fakers - Must Read! Urgently need support!!!

WolfieMario

I am posting this here as a public service to the fakers of TipIt. I have already posted this at Sal's Realm of RuneScape and RuneHQ. A friend of mine advised me to post this here as well, because some people here do fake. This is in part an informative article on a recent update by Jagex, in part a rant about said update, and, in part an attempt to rally as many RuneScapers as possible to protest and riot against Jagex's unjust actions. I have quoted this post directly from myself at Sal's (with some alterations due to BB Code incompatibilities):

omfgqn3.gifomfgqn3.gifomfgqn3.gif

When I went to the website, I saw something TERRIBLE!

Apparently, Jagex loves being cruel just went nuts deserves to be destroyed just created a new rule. I got a few (large) screenshots of everything important. First, the home page which greets us with an "update":

fakingagainstruleshome.png

Yes, you read that right. Jagex made Screenshot faking a violation of the rules!!!!! p13111970.gifp13111970.gifp13111970.gifinfuriatediu8.gifinfuriatediu8.gifinfuriatediu8.gifangryveinho0.gifangryveinho0.gifangryveinho0.gif

At first, I thought Jagex's calendar must've broken and that this was meant as some sort of "April Fools" joke. But it really was added to the rules :o:

fakingagainstrulesrules.png

The rule says you can't even take screenshots or use screen-capture software (by the description they give, it seems Hypercam is also forbidden! whoaxs2.gif). If you try to, you get warned the first three times, then you might get blackmarks, and you can even get banned!!! bulgingeyesoq1.gif

They say the rule is because too many scammers have sites that use fakes to trick people. I don't know how they can generalize so much, or where they get their stats from! The only scam fakes I've seen are RS3 fakes and a fake bank. These people must be nuts! curserga2.gif

Before showing you the article, though, I'll show you some images of their "replacement" for screenshots. First, the new Snapshot System:

fakingagainstrulessnaps.png

Actually, the system does seem pretty cool. That is, IF they hadn't gotten rid of regular screenshots <_<. I decided I couldn't handle the suspense, so after reading the article I logged in to see what they've done. First, a screenshot with the new button (Note: It's highlighted because I had my mouse over it at the time):

fakingagainstrulesscree.png

Now, you might be wondering just how I got that screenshot when Jagex said they prevent it. Well, it seems you can still screenshot, but this came up for me immediately after I pressed Print Screen:

fakingagainstrulesscree.png

And yes, after taking that screenshot, the number of warnings left changed to 1 :o. I don't think I'll be wasting my last free screenshot, since I know I'll eventually screw up and forget, accidentally pressing Print Screen, and I don't want to get a blackmark for it when the time comes <_<.

After messing around a bit with their new system and taking a few snapshots, I downloaded the Jagex Snapshot Viewer (

). It looks pretty cool, to be honest. But when I hit Print Sceen, the program window flickered black, leaving a useless screenshot sowwycx0.gif. But then, I got an idea... I decided to see what effect lag has on it. I opened Adobe ImageReady and opened a HUGE video file I had, and, as usual, my computer started lagging like crazy. Then I switched back to the Snapshot Viewer, waited for the screen to finally load, and pressed Print Screen the moment I saw the snapshot appear. And, the final verdict is...

fakingagainstrulesjagex.png

partytimexa2.gifpartytimexa2.gifpartytimexa2.gifpartyen6.gifpartyen6.gifpartyen6.gif:yay::yay::yay: SUCCESS!!! :yay::yay::yay:partyen6.gifpartyen6.gifpartyen6.gifpartytimexa2.gifpartytimexa2.gifpartytimexa2.gif

I'm SOOOO happy that actually worked!!! I guess the computer treats a system call higher than a program call, making the screenshot higher priority than the Snapshot Viewer's screen blanker. The snapshot actually disappeared about half a second after I saw the cursor disappear (from the Print Screen). I seriously hope Jagex can't find a way to fix this issue :o! For others who want to try this, my computer has Windows Vista and 2GB of RAM. It will probably be very difficult to get enough lag if you have Windows XP with 4GB of RAM, unfortunately :(.

Finally, last but most definitely not least, is the article of doom:

fakingagainstrulesr16ar.png

p13768862.gif *Facepalm*

Jagex, you are dead to me. And apparently I also happen to be one of the people you want dead newawareyf9.gif. I think we can all agree that Jagex has gone completely insane :mellow:. What really creeps me out is that, in that list of fakers, they actually have most of our real-life names, and know the dates half of us started faking. Even I didn't know when I made my first fake. Until now, that is. Also, it seems kind of funny, but they seem to have almost exclusively targeted Sal's fakers :o. The following people are on Jagex's Hitlist (in order of appearance):

[*:3ut08puz]Beret

[*:3ut08puz]The Darkest

[*:3ut08puz]Easl

[*:3ut08puz]-Gallen43-

[*:3ut08puz]Da Scotsman

[*:3ut08puz]Poke

[*:3ut08puz]The Evil Bunny

[*:3ut08puz]Kev

[*:3ut08puz]Ultimatearco

[*:3ut08puz]Tyra

[*:3ut08puz]Sir H Potter

[*:3ut08puz]Peace

[*:3ut08puz]Mariomaniac omgme7.gif

[*:3ut08puz]Gonza Man

[*:3ut08puz]iRyuk

[*:3ut08puz]Mario

[*:3ut08puz]Dina Mc Frau Frau

[*:3ut08puz]Fake

Obviously, Jagex must be stopped. This is utter

!!! This I why I have created a petition. Please vote, and also please leave feedback. I have begun to schedule some riots, which are in the spoiler below:

[hide=]I think it's obvious by now, so I'll only say it so nobody spams me with "OMG this is sooo fake!". Yes, it is a fake *shocked* bulgingeyesoq1.gif. Originally, I intended to release this as my April Fool's Day fake. I actually spent about three days working on this. No, I did not use any java codes or HTML editors. People who do that are noobs, as doing that is just as bad as, if not worse than using faking machines. It took me forever, but I used Paint to get the fonts right. Aligning took forever, and I had to copy-and paste letters for the Snapshot System article's title (because I can't find the real font). Note that I intentionally JPEGed many of the images because Jagex does this for images on the site (except things like the buttons, which were GIFed). Also, you may have noticed two inside jokes when you looked at the fakes. One's in the background (and yes, you see it in the first two site fakes, not just in the last. The second joke is in the last fake, it has to do with the mod's name. See if you get it p12876613.gif. The joke in the backgrounds is actually a reference to a future fake I will be making, hopefully not too long from now. Finally, if anyone is concerned with the "Hitlist", I randomly put in some of the good fakers of Sal's, in random order. Well, possibly with the exception of Beret p12876613.gif. Otherwise, if someone appears before you on the list, it means neither that I'm saying they are better nor that they are worse than you. It just happens to be the order I did the Avvys in p12876603.gif.

Also, if anyone was annoyed by the JPEGing I had to do for the article pages, here are the respective PNG versions:

fakingagainstrulespngcl.png

Also, because some flaws were found (2 found by me, 1 found by -82-), I replaced the flawed versions with their fixed versions. The originals are here:

arrowupcd2.gif The only difference here is that, in the preview of the Snapshot Viewer, the Next button is brown (to look faded, like the button won't do anything if clicked). The reason this is a flaw is that, although it barely takes up six pixels, the button should still be green, because the top-right corner shows that there is indeed another snapshot after the current one.

fakingagainstrulesjagex.png

arrowupcd2.gif This one has two flaws. This time the issue of the Next Button being faded is much more visible. In the new version, I replaced it with the normal button. The second flaw, found by -82-, is that the date is off. It should be 4/5/2009, not 4/4/2009, because the update was released on 4/6/2009. The reason for this is that I took the snapshot after finding out about the "update". I took it at 8:30 PM, but I live in America, so the time in England would be 1:30 AM, which is reasonable for the time in which Jagex would update. However, I made this part of the fake originally on 4/4/2009, thinking I would be able to get done that day. After I realized I needed another day to finish the project, I forgot to change the date 73311039nu9.gif[/hide]

NOTE: I know, it's probably more obviously fake now than it was before. That's because I forgot to post this until over a month after I made the fakes, and because blackmarks no longer exist. Please do not spam with "0/10 not realistc at all! Dates are all off, and wtf is wrong wit u? Seriosly, "blackmarks"?!"

Also, the only reason only Sal's fakers appear on that list is because I did not know about any particularly good fakers outside Sal's until now. Also, I even forgot to mention some good Sal's fakers, but, I assure you, this is purely unintentional.

Oh, and before anyone says anything, no, the Snapshot Files (*.jsn) cannot be opened in graphics software:

fakingagainstrulesfaile.png

Also, there is a contest to win your own custom emote, but you must find the 5 hidden jokes/references. If you find the majority of the jokes, you will also win. Here is a chart on the jokes which have been found, please do not re-state jokes which have been found (jokes which have not been found are in ):

•  
    [*:3ut08puz]µ symbol replacing Bandos symbol in backgrounds of first, second, and last fake ~found by eckered

[*:3ut08puz]

Note: members of Sal's Realm are not eligible to win this contest. Also, if you win, you will have a choice of emote style. The styles in which I may do the emote are: ::' ;) happyc.gif

Keep in mind that I am best with the happyc.gif style, as I have made OVER 9000 over 130 custom emotes in that style. Click here to see most of the emotes I've made..

skillgoal99fakingunderb.png

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

i dont really understand this, but...

the first joke is the replaced emblems on the circles in the background of the screenshots.

What don't you understand? :(

The whole thing is a set of screenshot fakes about Jagex making a rule against screenshot faking p12876613.gif

And, yes, you got the joke right p12876603.gif

The symbol is the µ symbol, AKA the server crash code, AKA Fally Massacre #2. I've actually got a future fake planned based off of that glitch p12876603.gif

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

That was [bleep]ing painful to read through. Which is a pity because it is an ok idea and implemented ok, but the accompanying text is just [developmentally delayed]ed.

I knew it was fake when they mentioned your name and others. Also how Jagex used harsh language against you, they are not allowed to do that AT ALL! If they ever mention my name and use harsh language I'd get all ugly 'n' put on my ghetto voice. Nuu uhh!

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Didn't read through it all as I was busy, but if JAGeX added this rule, I swear, all hell will break loose in RuneScape and soo many people will quit.

Good thing it is a joke ;P

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Thanks for liking it, guys! p12876603.gif

That was [bleep] painful to read through. Which is a pity because it is an ok idea and implemented ok, but the accompanying text is just [developmentally delayed].

If you've ever looked at some of Jagex's Knowledge Base articles, most, if not all, are very long and detailed. The point of this fake was to trick people into believing it's real until they get to the part with the names, at which point it becomes obvious. I even read several articles in the Controls section of the Game Guide before writing that article, just to make sure I do it in the same tone that Jagex would.

If you were referring to my own words in between the images, I didn't think I was excessive in that (well, I may have overdone the emote spams, but still...). Besides, that would be the amount I would have written ordinarily in such a situation. If I had just posted the images alone, the topic wouldn't have made sense! p12876613.gif

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

Reading over this, it looks like advertising for your contest...

:|

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

That was [bleep] painful to read through. Which is a pity because it is an ok idea and implemented ok, but the accompanying text is just [developmentally delayed].

If you've ever looked at some of Jagex's Knowledge Base articles, most, if not all, are very long and detailed. The point of this fake was to trick people into believing it's real until they get to the part with the names, at which point it becomes obvious. I even read several articles in the Controls section of the Game Guide before writing that article, just to make sure I do it in the same tone that Jagex would.

If you were referring to my own words in between the images, I didn't think I was excessive in that (well, I may have overdone the emote spams, but still...). Besides, that would be the amount I would have written ordinarily in such a situation. If I had just posted the images alone, the topic wouldn't have made sense! p12876613.gif

I didn't mean it was excessive, I meant that it was honestly annoying to read.

Reading over this, it looks like advertising for your contest...

:|

Erm... If you would have seen the original topic at Sal's, you'd know that's not the case :s

I inserted the jokes originally just to have fun, not necessarily to make an emote for the person who finds the most. Then, after a few people found some of the jokes, I said, "I decided that if I'm making you guys look for hidden jokes, I may as well give something in return for it p12876603.gif."

Why would I be advertising a "contest" that's within this topic anyways? p12669507.gif

It's more work for me either way, I've got to make an emote for the winner :s

If I didn't say that last bit about the "contest", then no such contest would exist, because it's limited to the jokes in this topic. Also, notice how I excluded Sal's Realm members? That's because I have a post there listing the jokes, which would mean a Sal's Realmer would know what the jokes are, and thus could cheat. It's limited to this topic, at this forum.

Were you referring to the link I provided? Because that's just a load of custom emoted I've made (all in my spare time, none as requests or awards). When I asked my friend about the rules at TipIt, he never mentioned anything about links to outside sites, so I thought that would be okay here... Should I remove that link? Really, it's just an example of my work, so people here would know what kind of emote you can expect (so you guys know I'm not going to make a random scribble in MS Paint and call it a "prize" :o)

EDIT:

I didn't mean it was excessive, I meant that it was honestly annoying to read.

Err... So you're saying my style of speaking/writing is "developmentally delayed"? Gee, thanks p13111970.gif

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png