Garry's Mod!

Dizzle229

We should have a list of mods everyone should have. Here are the ones I can think of.

- Advance Duplicator

- Gcombat

- SBMP

- SBEP

- Wire

- YouTube Player

People I recommend you get the SVN version if you can, it allows for easy updating which is great.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should have a TIF gaming night or something for this, with a list of basic addons that would be required. (Phx, wire, adv dupe)

I would host it myself, but for some reason when I create a game it doesn't show up in the server list.

Just add us all to your friends VIA steam and invite us.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

We should have a TIF gaming night or something for this, with a list of basic addons that would be required. (Phx, wire, adv dupe)

I would host it myself, but for some reason when I create a game it doesn't show up in the server list.

Just add us all to your friends VIA steam and invite us.

Doesn't work. Something to do with my connection.

But I don't know about Spacebuild as a requirement. It's really big, and can't be installed at short notice right before a game. I agree with the others though.

Oh, and post your steam names guys. I already have a few of you added, but most of you are still MIA from my list.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

• 2 weeks later...

Love this game :D I managed to make a fairly basic wire plane not that long ago

Anyway, some tools that I find are really useful for building:

Mount2 - Lets you use any source game content in Gmod, including L4D and Sourcemod items. This loads stuff from the GCF files (I think), so there's no need to download extra models and textures.

Smartsnap - Allows you to snap to a grid for accurately placing things while building

Fin 2 - You can use this to turn props into fins, so you can make proper planes

Advanced sleep and wake - Freezes a prop which can unfreeze when it collides with another prop, very useful for making machinima.

Buoyancy - Self explanatory :P

Also, Mobenix is an awesome map to muck around on :)

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

http://www.garrysmod.org/ is the best site for files. Make sure you check for any requirements, and if you need help with SVNs, I'd be happy to help.

Only downside, ALOT of it is outdated .

Gunna start getting back into this game soon now that I fixed my Graphic drivers. Back to making Delicious Airships. >:3

Popoto.~<3

http://www.garrysmod.org/ is the best site for files. Make sure you check for any requirements, and if you need help with SVNs, I'd be happy to help.

Only downside, ALOT of it is outdated .

Gunna start getting back into this game soon now that I fixed my Graphic drivers. Back to making Delicious Airships. >:3

Aaaaairships you say?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

; _ ; My post went bye-bye.

In case I said something I shouldn't, I won't say the site's name.

There is a certain site/forum where you can easily find SVNs for GMod. SVNs lets you keep your files up to date. Just don't put the SVN itself in your addon folder. as having the SVN there will essentially double the size and cause GMod to load much, much slower. I have a folder in my Documents folder which houses all my SVNs, might be a good idea for others to do the same.

If anyone needs any help with SVNs either contact me via PM or Messenger.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

• 2 weeks later...

Mount2 - Lets you use any source game content in Gmod, including L4D and Sourcemod items. This loads stuff from the GCF files (I think), so there's no need to download extra models and textures.

Is Mount2 working again?

I was playing GMod after Update 76 (or something) and it totally broke all my L4D/2 (etc.) stuff!

I LOST MY BOOMETTE STRIPPER BAR, FFS D:

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Afaik, it was when I posted, not sure about now though because I've not played properly for a while now. I know a lot of stuff has been broken recently, might well be worth checking facepunch to see if anyone's made an update for it.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Working on a cheap little machinima that should be out next weekend. No idea what I'm going to do yet, all I know so far is that it's called The Cold War, and starts with a scout building a snowman when a heavy shows up and ruins it. That's all I have done at this point, but the plan is to have an all out war between blue soldiers and red heavies.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Working on a cheap little machinima that should be out next weekend. No idea what I'm going to do yet, all I know so far is that it's called The Cold War, and starts with a scout building a snowman when a heavy shows up and ruins it. That's all I have done at this point, but the plan is to have an all out war between blue soldiers and red heavies.

That sounds like a fun video. Post it here when you're done so we can watch it. :)

That sounds like a fun video. Post it here when you're done so we can watch it. :)

Do you have TF2 on PC? I'm probably going to do the battles on Tf2, and we're going to need people.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Do you have TF2 on PC? I'm probably going to do the battles on Tf2, and we're going to need people.

I do

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kid-Buu/games?tab=all

bGmskuB.gif

I do

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kid-Buu/games?tab=all

I do as well, also have Portal and CSS.

I would post a certain dictator from the 1940's with boobs and a certain female character from L4D2 crucified and burned, but I'd probably get banned for it :thumbup:

So in the end, I present to you Boomette Bar, Evil Prince and my Disco Stick (Yes, you can take a ride on my disco stick)

[hide=Pics][hide=Boomette Bar (Much bigger than what the image shows - covers entire house thingy in gm_construct with tables and chairs which all have different stuff on the table and Lasers that look like candles ;3)]

gm_construct0000.jpg[/hide]

[hide=OSHI--]

gm_stingard_b10001.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Disco Stick (GIF)]

gm_construct0023.gif?t=1273855021[/hide][/hide]

I was wondering does anyone want to have a TIF GMod get-together this Weekend or something? Playing Singleplayer is getting dry ;^;

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=46451

Enjoy :3

You'll need a Garrysmod.org account first though, but its simple. Once you've downloaded those, you might want to download this aswell:

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=53652

That will fix the textures so they're not super shiny :thumbup:

In other news:

Have we got any wire experts here? I've just started using it and its really hard :cry:

So far I've only made a spycam that activates when you sit a linked chair, and an aeroplane which is pretty hard to use :mellow:

I know a bit of wire, enough to make things work using adv pod controller, and holograms as well. To make more complex stuff though it's best to learn expression 2. No idea how to do that, but I think it's sort of like coding of some sorts. If you want some good, albeit slightly old, tutorials, I'd suggest looking at orb's tutorials. He goes over a lot of things from basic 'what is and how to wire' to tracking sensors, hoverballs and stuff. Link: http://revver.com/u/orb/

I'm trying to get some adv dupe files from my old computer at the moment, I might link some of them if I can find somewhere decent to upload them.

EDIT: Files can be found at: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=98840

[spoiler=Picture:]97649649-4.jpg

Nothing amazing, just some basic contraptions used to learn wiremod and some experiments. Controls and stuff in the readme, you'll need PHX, Wire, Fin II and possibly Buoyancy tool to use these.

draciontheman.png

• 2 weeks later...