Garry's Mod!

Dizzle229

Garry's Mod, the most endlessly replayable game of all time!

Allows you to turn anything from any Source game you own into an amazing creation! Make Dr. Kleiner dance! Build a car out of Portal turrets!

It truly is amazing. It has everything. Roleplaying servers, building servers, and all different gametypes. The most amazing thing is that most things in this game are created by players, for players. But I can't describe this game just talking about it, so here's some examples!

[hide=Pictures]gm_flatgrass0001.jpg

gm_flatgrass0004.jpg

gm_flatgrass0002.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Videos]

[/hide]

Hell, even all of that stuff doesn't quite say it. You can find tons more about it by doing some Youtube searching. It even has multiplayer. Everything thats possible in Single Player and more!

You can get the latest version on Steam for only $10, but remember you have to have atleast one Source game for it to work (Tf2, Portal, CS:S, any Half-Life game HL2 and after, but L4D DOES NOT WORK YET!)

Download all Gmod addons right h'ya: <!-- m -->http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/<!-- m -->

If you have it, add me on Steam, movnviol.

Oh yeah, the discussion part of the thread. Post screenies and vids you your creations, I have no imagination so I want to see what the TIF community can come up with! If you want to record video in good quality I recommend FRAPS.

TIF Videos

[hide]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jA_97SVe2w[/hide]

TIF Screenshots

[hide]tf2_sappingun-1.png

themedicsays-2.png

gm_flatgrass0010.jpg

thedoctorwillseeyounow-1.png

rp_hometown20000002.jpg

cs_office0000.jpg

2e9cd7e40f5c66c2.jpg[/hide]

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh I've heard of this before! ::'

How do you make stuff on there though? Do you take the codes from other games you have or what...?

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Ooh I've heard of this before! ::'

How do you make stuff on there though? Do you take the codes from other games you have or what...?

Well if you have any games from the Source engine, all props and maps from those game are automatically imported to Gmod. From there you have various spawn menus to pick what you want to spawn. You also have a list of tools you can use, like adding wheels to things, welding them together, stuff like that.

Good for both silliness and building.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

I remeber playing with this at a LAN party, was epic fun and I am currently trying to download it at 8K, it's taking ages :(

It'll be epic fun to play after Tafe tomorrow, will be instead of if mum goes through with her threat to stop waking me up (I can't wait till I'm 18/when I move out, whichever comes first, at 18 if she trys to take any of my stuff away I can charge her with theft as I'll be independant, if I move out I can not get stressed out by my parents or feel like a failure as they yell at me most times I see them, which is why I try to be locked in my room/out of the house wherever possible.)

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

• 6 months later...

Don't consider this a bump just yet. I have some stuff I'll be editing into this post later today, and a funny vid some time later if I can get it to appear on Youtube properly.

Not to mention, I feel there's still alot for people to post in this thread. I want to see creations guys! All vids and screenies you post will be edited into the hide tags in the main post. Remember, if you can't record video, post screens!

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Added a new place for screens and vids taken by TIFers can be edited into the main post! I added a vid of a fort I built yesterday.

Ultima, you know we have to hear from you in this thread.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

I'll post some of my exploits in a bit or so, I'm tired right now, but let's just say that some of my stuff will be a surprise.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

• 3 months later...

A very fun program to play. Me and my friend use it to make machinima and half the time we use it to goof off. :thumbsup:

Our favourate attempts is to make a super-fast flying machine with thrusters. We fail everytime but don't give up!

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I might pick up this. It looks like so much fun just to screw around with.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

• 4 weeks later...

Today I learnt the importance of not grabbing add-ons from friends, someone gave me THREE SVN folders. I found this out after I had to make adjustments to an add-on that wasn't functioning properly. I moved them to my SVN folder so all is well now. :thumbsup:

I also downloaded a lua script so I can have some fun when my friend won't stop minging. Auto-aim, auto-fire and wallhack. I might bind the off toggles to some keys so I don't have them on when he is behaving.

Going to be buying this and TF2 bundle off Steam later today.

Can't wait.

I have a question though: Can you get models off the internet to use in Garry's Mod? Like getting a mario character model and then using it in Gmod?

Going to be buying this and TF2 bundle off Steam later today.

Can't wait.

I have a question though: Can you get models off the internet to use in Garry's Mod? Like getting a mario character model and then using it in Gmod?

Yes sir.

However I do not know of any good sites right off the top of my head.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Crap, just bought the TF2 Gmod bundle off Steam and with our internet I share with three other people its gonna take 6 hours!

Can't play till tommorow!

I am seriously freaking shaking in my chair to play some TF2.

http://www.garrysmod.org/ is the best site for files. Make sure you check for any requirements, and if you need help with SVNs, I'd be happy to help.

http://www.garrysmod.org/ is the best site for files. Make sure you check for any requirements, and if you need help with SVNs, I'd be happy to help.

Speaking of which how can I get a legit version of PHX3?

Not from garrysmod.org.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Yeah I have tortoise SVN.

Thanks for the link.

Yeah I have tortoise SVN.

Thanks for the link.

Thanks for reminding me to download PHX3.

We should have a TIF gaming night or something for this, with a list of basic addons that would be required. (Phx, wire, adv dupe)

I would host it myself, but for some reason when I create a game it doesn't show up in the server list.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png