Rune defender or DFS for slayer?

joey11223

Just wondering which is better to weild. DFS has the str bonus and high defence where as defender has low defence but the all around offensive stats boost.

Are there different times for each? I have both and basically I'm not sure what to wield while doing most of my slayer tasks(bar obvious ones like wyverns and dragons where you need DFS)

cakesncats056-1.jpg

NEVER use a DFS on a non-dragon slayer monster, rune defender is the best thing you can use.

Rune defender repeatedly beats the crap out of DFS for 90% of situations.

Tbh if he's only got about 75 defence but really high attack then DFS will be better in some situations. I agree that on most tasks rune defender is the proness <3:

ichigosig2da4.jpg

You should be ok with rune defender then, if not, you should consider getting the enhanced excallibur because it's special heals 20hp and raises ur def lvl by upto 14 points (depending on your base defence lvl).

ichigosig2da4.jpg

it really depends on the monsters u have to kill. personally i prefer to drink and extra sup att but get hit way less when i have to kill some monsters that 1.hit quite often/high 2.are far from a bank so banking is way to annoying.

so for monsters with low hp and att a rune def is MUCH better than a dfs since u can kill they way faster. for other monsters its up 2 you: faster killing or longer camping...

also a dfs is wonderfull with bunyip/EE since by the time u got hit enough your spec bar is full again

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

Defender. Bunyip heals all your damage anyway.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Defender all the way.

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning