MTK - is flax still profitable?

Dracula_Magic

I heard something happened with flax since pvp updates came out,perhaps it became some kind of odd drop...

However,i recently tried mapples ,and i realised its alot of hassle - and im not sure how profitable it is

So im thinking about going back to flax,but im afraid i dont loose gp this way... any advices?

zzZZ [- Glory From Beyond -]ZZzz

Dracula_Magic.gif

It goes maple -> Fish -> Flax.

Maple is based on luck to a degree so if you want gaurnteed profit go with Fish and Flax.

Personally I stick with Flax and Maple as I plant any ranarr seeds I get for extra profit and I would only end up cooking the fish.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

It goes maple -> Fish -> Flax.

Maple is based on luck to a degree so if you want gaurnteed profit go with Fish and Flax.

Personally I stick with Flax and Maple as I plant any ranarr seeds I get for extra profit and I would only end up cooking the fish.

After finally finishing my 3 year long experiment (to accuratelly calculate the randoms in woodcutting/rare woods):

When updating daily, every worker gives every day:

woodcutting: 5935.73 gp (-1807 gp from standard items, 7743 gp from special items)

fishing: 7642.24 gp (5458 gp from standard items, 2184 from special items)

flax picking: 7151.54 gp (6567 gp from standard items, 585 from special items)

rare woods: -1202.89gp (-1918 from standard items, 715 from special items)

mining: 5020.00 gp (4505 from standard items, 515 from special items)[/code]

However the differences can change fast, over the last 3 years woodcutting is now at a absolute (and relative) minimum: bird nest-prices are the main drive there (so look for that instead of maple logs).

Fishing is since the trade limits the best option.. (only to be slightly worse than woodcutting at times).

Flax is always a good option and never depends on special items. (Though if you keep them for more than half a year in the kingdom like I do the randoms even out and it doesn't matter if the income comes from special items or standard items).

Both flax and fishing are now however at a "better than average point".. Most of the time fishing was around 7300, woodcutting 7200 and flax 7150. - Although woodcutting is always dropping (since it's main yield, maple, is always dropping). So my bets are in the long term on fishing/flax. (still have to test farming/herb picking).

PS: prices were last updated yesterday morning!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I've been on fish/flax for months and they've held their prices well. Maples can give better profit than flax, but there's luck involved, not to mention some extra busywork to get the seeds out of the nest, and the logs themselves are worth barely anything and slow to sell.