Summoning advice: 61-68

thesearcher

Hi all,

I'm currently 61 summoning, and I'd like 68 to allow for easier training. Could anyone recommend a plan for me of where to obtain charms, what pouches to make and how to do this for under 2m or so?

Many thanks,

Search.

runescapess162607v.jpg

Dragon drops: Half shield(cs), med helm(cs) Chainbody (cs) (I do a lot of monster hunting with my clan!

Barrows: Guthan's plateboy [1]

GWD: None yet, only done a few trips

Others: I'd love to be able to let you know.

GentleAura.png

Hi all,

I'm currently 61 summoning, and I'd like 68 to allow for easier training. Could anyone recommend a plan for me of where to obtain charms, what pouches to make and how to do this for under 2m or so?

Many thanks,

Search.

you can even make money with summoning pouches... just make terrorbirds, convert those into scrolls and you gain about 120 gp per pouch...

anyway.. i don't think you'll manage to keep all costs below 2M unless you do it with terrorbirds... (which is LONG)

xxquinnxx1.png

xxquinnxx1.png

Thanks,

I'm flexible with cash, because I can raise it, but ideally I want to know what to kill for the charms that I need.

runescapess162607v.jpg

Dragon drops: Half shield(cs), med helm(cs) Chainbody (cs) (I do a lot of monster hunting with my clan!

GentleAura.png

Your best bet would be to kill monsters that commonly drop Crimson Charms, as using these will be the fastest method for you to get to the Bunyip.

Regrettably, your Slayer Level precludes you from killing Dust Devils, which are a good source of Crimson charms. Other than that, Waterfiends would be your best bet - make sure you wear the right gear & weapon.

My advise would be to train Slayer & accumulate charms that way - its amazing how quickly the charms mount up & then use these to 'Power Level' Summoning.

With regards to the summoning question - I would do Bloated Leaches until 64 then Stranger Plants until 68, due to their easy to obtain seconds - both use Crimson Charms.

Hope this helps & Good luck

the_lad_1.png

Your best bet would be to kill monsters that commonly drop Crimson Charms, as using these will be the fastest method for you to get to the Bunyip.

Regrettably, your Slayer Level precludes you from killing Dust Devils, which are a good source of Crimson charms. Other than that, Waterfiends would be your best bet - make sure you wear the right gear & weapon.

My advise would be to train Slayer & accumulate charms that way - its amazing how quickly the charms mount up & then use these to 'Power Level' Summoning.

With regards to the summoning question - I would do Bloated Leaches until 64 then Stranger Plants until 68, due to their easy to obtain seconds - both use Crimson Charms.

Hope this helps & Good luck

Many thanks, I've planned on getting 65 for a while for the purpose of summoning - I wondered if there was a better option.

~S~

runescapess162607v.jpg

GentleAura.png

u can go to kill Bork in ct, he drops many charms, very usefull to get blues.

chonchoso.png

Quest Cape achieved on 27/4/09but nomad is preventing me to get it back...

New-wave tried to destroy the metal, but the metal had its way

Grunge then tried to dethrone the metal, but metal was in the way

Punk-rock tried to destroy the metal, but metal was much too strong

Techno tried to defile the metal, but techno was proven wrong

Yea!Metal!

It comes from hell!

Is Bork really worth it? Apart from blues, his charm drops don't seem amazing.......

runescapess162607v.jpg

GentleAura.png

Bork is worth it.

You can only kill Bork once a day. Bork is located in the Chaos tunnels, and he gives 250 Slayer xp, 7 Crimsons, 5 Blues, 2 greens, and 3000-9825. He attacks with melee, and he is assisted by Surok, who occasionally attack and has a max hit of 25. He also summons a few Ork legions which attack with Range and Melee. Just ignore them.

You should wear Karils, a Godsword (whip is fine), and the familiar really doesn't matter. Turn on Protection from melee, and Piety. He is pretty easy, I just take whatever familiar is available. The best is a combat familiar or a Unicorn, though. You could take Proselyte if you are higher leveled, or if you are already there and you don't want to go all the way to the bank just to get new equipment. I would suggest a Super set, although a combat potion alone is more than enough. I would take 1 Super energy potion, and 1 Prayer potion if you have no prayer left. A couple monkfish will suffice.

You could possibly do Ranging. There are safespots, as shown in the picture as shown below. You could Protect from Magic, and safespot the Ork legions. However, Bork has an extremely high Ranging defense. You should use Diamond bolts (e) if you can, as it will speed up the kills alot. Bork has a reasonably low Magic defense, but it costs alot and it isn't very fast, so I would advise against it.

So, is it worth going all the way there? Well, it takes 1 minute and 15 seconds to get there, 1 minute and 45 seconds to kill it making it a grand total of 3 minutes if you are higher leveled. If you are lower leveled or Ranging, it could even take 4, or even 5 minutes. The reward is 250 Slayer xp, ~5k gp, and ~7k Summoning xp for ~3 minutes. That's 5000 Slayer xp, 100k gp, and 140k Summoning xp per hour! If you can, always do this daily. Also, it is worth a mention that if you decide not to, you should always go kill the bork if you have a Nechryael, Black demon, or a Dust devil task.

(Don't worry, the Bronze dragons won't attack you unless you run near them.)

The youtube video will tell you how to get there.

Anyways, that was from my Slayer guide. Go to waterfiends, it takes 3x more charms than Dusties, and ~4x more than Slayer.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png