MouseKeys

WaterDrips

On Runescape when i use Humidify spell to fill vials, I do it with a fishbowl and well I use Mouse Keys however, I press F4 and then F7 to go back and forth between Magic Tab and Inve; and i need to know if i can switch it up to make like Magic Tab and Inve right next to each other so Example: F4-Magic F3-Inventory

oversized.jpg

Index finger and pinky... i have pretty big hands so its easy for me

I dont think you can put them next to each other

I have small-ish hands and I can do it fine.

I don't think there is anyway to change them.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

On Runescape when i use Humidify spell to fill vials, I do it with a fishbowl and well I use Mouse Keys however, I press F4 and then F7 to go back and forth between Magic Tab and Inve; and i need to know if i can switch it up to make like Magic Tab and Inve right next to each other so Example: F4-Magic F3-Inventory

You can remap your keyboard so that keys corresponding to F4 and F7 are next to each other. Totalpwnage wrote a miniguide on how to do it on Wakka's mousekeys guide thread.

Well I don't have a programmable keyboard like Wakka102 does, but I know of a way to get around that. It involves remapping the keyboard to change keys to do other keys instead.

I decided that I wanted to remap my numpad 7, 8, and 9 to do Ctrl, 2, 5, respectively. That is wakka's setup, and though I prefer the 2 and 5 keys to be switched so I can roll index-middle, that is what I am going to explain.

You can do this with pretty much any keys on the computer, even on some keys that aren't specific to regular keyboards (a My Pictures key can be changed). However, some of the scancodes were missing, and it was easier to just do what I was doing.

On with the method of doing this... Basically, all you do is open up notepad and put this in.

Code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]

"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,04,00,00,00,Y1,Y1,X1,X1,Y2,Y2,X2,X2,Y3,Y3,X3,X3,00,00,00,00

This is not the completed version, this is an example. The 04 there represents how many keys are being changed, which is 3. (2 would be 03, 1 is 02). X# parts is the key you want to replace, and the respective Y# is the key you replace it with. These come in scan codes. For example, if I wanted to change the F1 key to be F10 for god knows what reason, the scan code for F1 is 3B 00 and the scan code for F2 is 44 00. So that would be 44,00,3b,00 in place of a Y#,Y#,X#,X# to make the F1 key do F10. A good list is here: http://www.usnetizen.com/fix_capslock.php

Anyways, after finishing my key remappings, it looks like this.

Code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]

"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,04,00,00,00,1d,e0,47,00,50,00,48,00,4c,00,49,00,00,00,00,00

THE EXTRA LINE AT THE END IS IMPORTANT!

This is what you would type to remap the numpad 7, 8, and 9 to do Ctrl, 2, 5, respectively for each key.

Go to Save As... and click the Type of File to make it All Files (*.*). Save the file somewhere you can find it (My Documents, Desktop, whatever) as "remap.reg" without quotes. Find the file, right-click it, and choose Merge. Reboot your computer, and there you go, your keys have been remapped.

Now, say you want to delete this remapping of the keys.

Go to Start -> Run, type in regedit

Expand these in order: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SYSTEM, CurrentControlSet, Control

Click on the folder Keyboard Layout (not Layouts)

Delete the thing that says "Scancode Map"

Reboot your computer.

There you go, your keyboard is back to normal!

Also, these do not work in both ways -- if you remap f1 to f10 for example, f10 will still do f10.

Rao.png

NVM, also can i switch the function so i can make it easier to switch from F4-F7?

Just go to a site like sourceforge.net and search for a tool called something like "remapping keyboards" - some of the tools there should do the job for you..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.